Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PunkBuster, Key Macros and 1.4

Originally posted by [BTC]Jonski
    I did a copy and paste from another posters reply , can't remember his name but he summed it up best

That was me on the EA UK forums, third post down

Comment

Originally posted by dblEdge
      Would these macros exist in such quantities if there was no stats system? Think about it
      Hey...I already said that...and no....I don't think it would be as big a problem as it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow2k1
        thats the most retarded statement i have ever read
        Think of Windows... if ever there was a dangerous 3rd party piece of software affecting the gaming community, Windows is it.

Ban all Windows users!

I still think the macro-kids are worthless and if the community shrunk by half and they were all gone, it'd be a better game for it.

Originally posted by Holle
        Hey...I already said that...and no....I don't think it would be as big a problem as it is now.
        I think thats untrue.

There are no ranks or medals in Counterstrike (or any other cheat-infested game) yet cheaters are everywhere.

Look beyond BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by dblEdge
          Would these macros exist in such quantities if there was no stats system? Think about it
          Yes they would.

Ever played Counter Strike? The cheating is bloody unreal in that game, ten times worse than bf2. I don't know why people here refer to that game as the perfect online fps, but the cheating is absolutely out of control...and guess what - no stats.

In regards to the macros, I remember a while ago when I posted about them...some people didn't even think they existed.

Originally posted by DarkShot
          as a professional gamer i know alot of gamers and alot of bf2 gamers in particular, and i have never heard of a case of anyone at least admitting to using macro's. in fact i wouldnt be suprised if that is just a myth used by noobs cause they cannot pronejump or they get pwned by it too often. my bet is, if anyone is macroing it is the noobs lol.

Comment

you know macros don't make you shoot faster, jump higher or anything surpass the limits set by the game. you can sett your macros to use the jump key real real fast but it will not work in game because the game doesn't allow you to jump really fast or do anything faster than any other player can do.

The only advantage I see with a G15 is that it makes life easier for people who press the wrong keys all the time or don't want to press multiple keys to do a certain command when macros can do the samething with one key.

Comment

Where it gives the unfair advantage is it lets you tie muliple events to a single keystroke.

Not that you could not learn to do that manually but it makes it very easy to do . The best example is the seat switch guide tv missle macro you dont need to hit a button to switch seats or hit the mouse to guide the missle all is done by one push of a button then just move the mouse to guide the missle.

Instead of hit F2 then right click mouse then left click mouse to correct missle course and move mouse to guide missle.

Without the macro it is harder to learn it would take time to practice.
              That's what makes them so unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBoogie

The only advantage I see with a G15 is that it makes life easier for people who press the wrong keys all the time or don't want to press multiple keys to do a certain command when macros can do the samething with one key.
                You've just described the very reason macros are lame.

If your hand-eye coordination is so bad you can't hit the right keys at the right time then you will be a lower skilled player. Period. Downloading a macro program or buying a programmable keyboard designed to fill in the gaps in your skill/coordination makes you lame.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBoogie
                  Getting rid of macros won't solve the problem of bunnyhopping dolphin diving crap getting EA to make the necessary changes to the game to prevent people from doing those exploits will.
                  Your idea to once again change game play and dynamics is a horrible one.
                  When this game first came out, the gameplay, while infantry, was smooth and felt natural, now it seems like im using a puppet on crack.
                  Why change what could be a fantastic game because people cannot refrain from abusing the dynamics by using macros etc.
                  In ref to your other post, I also own an n52, and guess what?
                  I have never used a macro. Why? Cuz theyre lame. Simple as that.
                  All these people using and abusing them think theyre so leet.
                  Your not doing those actions yourself, and I`m willing to bet you downloaded or copied the macro from someone else. Yet you take credit for your leet online skillz. Lamerz

Comment

Yeah, ban them for using technology to enhance their game play. As a matter of fact ban anyone using a better computer than me. I mean come on; better frame rates and less lag enhances their skills just as much as any keyboard. Let's add to that that anyone using eyeglasses should be banned as well. I play without any enhancements to my natural eye sight, why don't they?

This is a retarded concept. Just because someone cannot afford a G15 or whatever macro-programmable-keyboard is on the market he wants everyone else to get banned for using it. Why don't you go to your neighbor's driveway and key their Porche or Beamer because you can't afford one.

This concept is based entirely on envy and nothing more. I do not and will not support this movement at all, and I don't have a macro-enabled keyboard. I use a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite. Oh no... Am I going to get banned because someone is jealous that I can play from my lazyboy and therefore am moe relaxed than them which is enhancing my calm?

Comment

Another useless time consuming job for PB. I have personaly watched the top BF2 teams play in a tournament. 100's of folks behind them watching. They are, what the folks who get pwned by them, call "bunnyhoppers/pronespammers" I am talking about MASTERS at it. And NONE of them used macros. They just know how to work the keys better then you or I. Period.
                      How about catching the Commander hax instead of trying to ban players who pwn on a regular basis.

Comment

=Radar-C}{G-]Let's add to that that anyone using eyeglasses should be banned as well. I play without any enhancements to my natural eye sight, why don't they?
                        Good point. Rather than ban them we should just make sure they do not procreate with they`re obviously weakened gene pool.

J/K

Comment

League play is absolutely crazy with macros. The team I'm on doesn't use them but almost everyone else does. It's stupid to see these guys flopping all over the place to change their hitbox. It makes me sick to think these guys got high in the ranks just becasue they program their keyboards or mice. It doesn't take any skill to fishflop around like a idiot to avoid getting shot. It takes a button on your mouse programmed to do it.

I am 120% for PB being able to stop these jerks. I think they should worry more about the hacks that are out there but it's nice to know they're thinking about it.

As for 1.4 I sincerely hope that it stops this crap. I think if they succesfully prevent the use of macros you'll see some of the top teams drop a few rungs until they get used to playing the game and not fishflopping around like idiots.

Comment

PB has no place in stopping macro's... It's always been up to developers of games to make sure they are of no use...

Developers need to start thinking about paying smart macro users to beta test their products to prevent macro use beeing efficient...
                            I cannot believe DiCE didn't think dolphin -iving and such were not going to be used with the movement system they made...
                            Any macro user would have been able to display their weak points, before the game even got out...

Comment

[quote=smokin_what]League play is absolutely crazy with macros. The team I'm on doesn't use them but almost everyone else does. quote]

Thanks for proving my point. It is the teams that are getting pwned that cry "macro".

Comment

The never ending macro rant..... Why does every nub think that everytime they get killed that the person that killed them is cheating ? If you can't adapt to the technology of on-line gaming, don't play. The game is NOT SUPPOSE TO BE REALITY ! In real war the medics dropped med pack won't heal a gunshot wound, and soldiers don't parachute off 2 story buildings..need I go on ? Everyone saying that the Logitech G-15 keyboard gives one an unfair advantage is wrong. It's no different that your faster vid card or processor, it's a hardware upgrade, You could do the same by changing the typematic rate of your keyboard.Play the damn game, quit whining about every little part of the game, if you can't handle getting killed...don't play the damn game!!

Comment

Working...
                                X