Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 2nd Solo heli video

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972
    I have tried to switch using keyb and mouse also but as you said it's frigging difficult. For most of the time I try to fing a gunner for myself so there is no actual need for me to solo, but there are times when nobody wants or they are totally uncapable to handle gunners tools. As I mentioned before, my solo TVs are disaster and I really would like to be better. Keyboard + mouse would ease up my biggest problem, lining up with the enemy. With joystick I'm better than average pilots (my own opinion ) but with keyboard I'm totally back to basics. Damn it, my patience is way too short to start from the beginning again.

When you succeed, could you tell me how many hours it took for you. Meanwhile I try to get better with the stick.

PS. If you see some copter spinning like hell shooting TVs on random directions, it's just me practising. Have mercy on me
    I've already become quite proficient with solo helicopter. Mouse flying while still a little alien to me is starting to feel more natural. I find the TV missiles are a breeze to use (always have been) but the helicopter MG is a little more difficult because unless you get yourself "stuck" in a sideways bank the helicopter will spin and compensating for that fast spin with the gun is pretty difficult (but doable). This is only after about an hour of practice tops and a lot of that time has been spent breaking joystick flying habits.

Here's how I set my controls up.

Secondary mouse button is set for gunner position so when I hit the secondary mouse button it automatically goes to TV missile.

Mousewheel down is custom set in the controls.con so it puts me in the gunners seat for when I want to use the MG.

Middle Mouse button is flares

F takes me back to the pilot seat (this is really odd because I notice when setting this key it is LAND vehicles that you have to change to get it to work).

Everything else is pretty much stock and it works great (using C for camera to get rid of the cockpit for example).

I can quickly switch to TV missile, I can quickly switch positions and hit every other single control without moving my hands around at all which is pretty much the most important element to get out of your key config.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
      I've already become quite proficient with solo helicopter. Mouse flying while still a little alien to me is starting to feel more natural. I find the TV missiles are a breeze to use (always have been) but the helicopter MG is a little more difficult because unless you get yourself "stuck" in a sideways bank the helicopter will spin and compensating for that fast spin with the gun is pretty difficult (but doable). This is only after about an hour of practice tops and a lot of that time has been spent breaking joystick flying habits.
      thy releasing W while making sharp spins, it hepls alot, also to start rolling fast hold both A and D and start rolling, once u start rolling release one of the buttons

Comment

Anyone else got the same problem that if you fly with an inverted mouse, so mouse forward is nose down (what I think isen't inverted at all) and you use the cockpit view (looking around) the cockpit view is not inverted ?

Comment

No, but I get problems with people entering the heli and either not knowing how to fly or wasting my gunner seat. Sorry, just finished an annoying pubbing session... but it wasn't all bad: I solo'd my way to plenty of victories though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
            No, but I get problems with people entering the heli and either not knowing how to fly or wasting my gunner seat. Sorry, just finished an annoying pubbing session... but it wasn't all bad: I solo'd my way to plenty of victories though.
            well some people dont get the chance to practise in a gunners seat when theirs pilots like you or just people being wh0res

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
              I know what you mean.
              People who just sit in the gunner seat waiting for a pilot to come. Or fools who are only enjoying the view as a gunner.......Or someone who does not have a clu how to fly. Or two clan members who cant fly but wont let you do it sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                well some people dont get the chance to practise in a gunners seat when theirs pilots like you or just people being wh0res
                Unless we've played together in a helicopter, you don't know a thing about my ability to give my gunners opportunities: it's not my fault most of them can't perform adequately despite my repeated advice in text and over voip. Think what you will because in the end, I'm right about preferring to fly alone or only with very select players.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                  That's what SP is for. Get a 64 player map mod and they can practice there.

Comment

Hey Sloi, xfire me sometime please,

xfire- noirutla

thx

Comment

Nice movie m8... I'm a real n00b with flying... this movie helped me a lot!!! thx

Comment

Hey back off he's already mine, I claimed him. hehe :P

Comment

sloi, did you remove me from your xfire?

now you guys whining about soloing please stop as they are already plenty of topics with similar discussions...

Comment

Holy shnazzle! I think so, but it was during a clean-up: every once in a while, I remove contacts I don't play with or rarely talk to. Add me again.

Comment

Oh, I'm awesome, I just figured out what your avatar means, "Excellent Solo"

---Am I right?

Comment

oooohhhh and I JUST got it!

Comment

Working...
                                X