Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 2nd Solo heli video

I asked you this before but I dont think you answered me

when you quide the TV missile do you click really fast or do you only make a couple of clicks before you hit the target?

Comment

I click very consistently at a rapid rate (three clicks a second) to avoid server lag: since it doesn't always redirect, it's important to give constant input.

Comment

@tester101 and Sloi have you ever tried switching seats with just 1 button (like Ctrl) ?
        And do you know a way that you don't have to press c everytime you switch seats for loosing the cockpit view? (Without changing things in the controll ducuments)
        And what are your settings for Fraps and how many space does it take for those 15 min movies of yours. I think your PC settings would be handy to know too.

Comment

I never tried changing any switching controls and I'm pretty sure you have no choice but to enter in cockpit view unless the server forces 1st person view...

Fraps makes huge files: I'm talking about gigs here. A 15 minute video might take approximately 2.5 gigs of hdd space: additionally, forget about recording if you have anything less than a 7200rpm hdd, an a64 3000 cpu and a good video card.

I select 30 fps, no sound and half-size settings... and it still brings my fps down from 100 to 20, 30 if I'm lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
            I select 30 fps, no sound and half-size settings... and it still brings my fps down from 100 to 20, 30 if I'm lucky.
            We have the same problem then

Comment

Originally posted by Olwe
              @tester101 and Sloi have you ever tried switching seats with just 1 button (like Ctrl) ?

I use one of my mouse buttons to switch seats in the chopper, and another one to switch back (Thank god for 6 button mice.) But, the ***** about bf2 is that every time you want to switch back to your cockpit view, you get the console, so it makes thing a bit more complicated.

I'll try working on my seatchange/to tv missle. Whenever i switch seats, i always spam my right click to get tv missle, but it usually takes like 1 second.

Comment

For the first time in a long time I'm starting to spend a little more time piloting helicopters. It's the only part of my BF2 abilites that I don't consider up to snuff which is why I'm practicing. I'm actually quite decent flying a helicopter when using a joystick but if I want to use the chopper gun solo (which is very cool because it rquires so much skill to do properly) I've got to use the mouse. Transitioning from mouse to joystick takes too darn long and unfortunatly once I start piloting a helicopter with a mouse my flying ability takes a serious hit.

Which brings me to my question. Sloi, what is your sensitivity and pitch/yaw set to with the helicopter? Actually it'd be even better if you could just post your controls.con and let us analyze it.

Thanks.

Edit:

I had my mouse settings on default for the helicopter. No wonder they were such a pain in the arse. Afer adjusting to 7 sensitivity 10 pitch/yaw the controls feel much more responsive and although I'm still better with a joystick this method of control certainly does have some advantages (like auto-hover). Most importantly I can swap to the gunner seat and effortlessly plunk off infantry with the MG without having my hands flying all over my desk.

Comment

I think that's an easy question even I can awnser........just put everything on 10. Which buttons you use to switch is all up to you. What I did is putting them pritty close togetter.

Comment

i slightly increase sensitivity and put pitch/yaw on 10/10 with invert mouse.. being a plane pilot i assume you would invert your mouse also and i think those settings would make it more familiar for you to use.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneWhore
                      For the first time in a long time I'm starting to spend a little more time piloting helicopters. It's the only part of my BF2 abilites that I don't consider up to snuff which is why I'm practicing. I'm actually quite decent flying a helicopter when using a joystick but if I want to use the chopper gun solo (which is very cool because it rquires so much skill to do properly) I've got to use the mouse. Transitioning from mouse to joystick takes too darn long and unfortunatly once I start piloting a helicopter with a mouse my flying ability takes a serious hit.

Which brings me to my question. Sloi, what is your sensitivity and pitch/yaw set to with the helicopter? Actually it'd be even better if you could just post your controls.con and let us analyze it.

Thanks.

Edit:

I had my mouse settings on default for the helicopter. No wonder they were such a pain in the arse. Afer adjusting to 7 sensitivity 10 pitch/yaw the controls feel much more responsive and although I'm still better with a joystick this method of control certainly does have some advantages (like auto-hover). Most importantly I can swap to the gunner seat and effortlessly plunk off infantry with the MG without having my hands flying all over my desk.

I have tried to switch using keyb and mouse also but as you said it's frigging difficult. For most of the time I try to fing a gunner for myself so there is no actual need for me to solo, but there are times when nobody wants or they are totally uncapable to handle gunners tools. As I mentioned before, my solo TVs are disaster and I really would like to be better. Keyboard + mouse would ease up my biggest problem, lining up with the enemy. With joystick I'm better than average pilots (my own opinion ) but with keyboard I'm totally back to basics. Damn it, my patience is way too short to start from the beginning again.

When you succeed, could you tell me how many hours it took for you. Meanwhile I try to get better with the stick.

PS. If you see some copter spinning like hell shooting TVs on random directions, it's just me practising. Have mercy on me

Comment

auto hover?

never heard anything about that but i have sensitivity and the other 2 on 10 and its much better then defaulth, everything else is defaulth tho

sometimes i fly for some random people and we do good but then i ask them to fly so I can gun

they say nahh man I dont have a jotstick, Im like I dont either:laugh:

then they starts going like "r u serious?" and all that

I cant see my self flying the chopper with a joystick, i tried a plane and it was so hard, i can fly planes better with mouse and keyboard

Comment

Auto hover, automatic throttle adjustment to hover-power. That is, if you dont use the joystick.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            Auto hover, automatic throttle adjustment to hover-power. That is, if you dont use the joystick.

I know what auto hover is lol but how do you do it

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                              I know what auto hover is lol but how do you do it
                              You let go of the throttle keys :laugh: . Its as simple as that.

Im a JS+KB flier so I have set my JS throttle to a certain spot where it gives me 0 throttle so when I let go of W key, I hover. But that was a mistake, which I just now disovered. Since I dont use JS throttle for helos anyway, I could just de-assign it and have precise auto hover once I release the keys. With JS there was always a little extra or a little missing, which lead to annoying key tapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                                You let go of the throttle keys :laugh: . Its as simple as that.

Im a JS+KB flier so I have set my JS throttle to a certain spot where it gives me 0 throttle so when I let go of W key, I hover. But that was a mistake, which I just now disovered. Since I dont use JS throttle for helos anyway, I could just de-assign it and have precise auto hover once I release the keys. With JS there was always a little extra or a little missing, which lead to annoying key tapping.
                                ojh I see lol, yea I have to tap the button coz my heli starts sinking

Comment

Working...
                                X