Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You play a WWII based Battlefied Game (BF2, 4, 5, etc)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will You play a WWII based Battlefied Game (BF2, 4, 5, etc)?

Originally posted by Sgt_Splinter
    What made Bf42 great was the maps, without a doubt, it made the game one of the BEST WW2 games ever.

yep, it had the best maps in the battlefield series, and vietnam comes right after it, and bf2 has the worse lets see how 2142 comes out hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPepe
      great ideas about the unlocks... CDN-SMOKEJUMPER That's one game I`ll buy...

18zulukiller Has a point... it will be the greatest WWII FPS... and probably a top 10 on the FPS ranking.

I really hope that EA could take this little poll in consideration... is a little sample of the opinion of the BF community

Thanks man I thought my unlocks idea could be ultra rad! The possiblilities are almost endless with some imagination. I love WW2 and all the cool goodies, how much cooler is the roar of a piston engine over a jet? The raw skill required to down the other guy with guns only. drool

Comment

Originally posted by Biff Exploder
        yep, it had the best maps in the battlefield series, and vietnam comes right after it, and bf2 has the worse lets see how 2142 comes out hehe.
        I agree man, I still play vietnam here and there, but you have to remember. Most of modern combat going on today, is mid eastern, there isn't much you can make but sand.

Comment

I don't think I would play a WWII based BF game. I would play a new BF3 modern combat game. There are so, so many modern day scenarios that BF2 hasn't even touched on. More US maps, (midwest, west coast LA, yes even NYC (it's a game, the graphics are good enough these days) Africa, more middle east, some european village.
          We need more unlocks weapons like BF2142 (I can't wait for that) and just put out more maps, lots of them. of course with balance.

Comment

I voted no. While I own BF1942, RTR and Secret Weapons, I never really got into the WW II atmosphere. When DC came out, I was all over that like a fat chick on a ham sandwich. I purchased BF2 ONLY because we were all led to believe that it was going to be Desert Combat 2. Well, we all know how THAT turned out.

Nope, WW II is a fascinating time in History, but I much prefer modern combat weapons, vehicles and theaters of action. BF2142 MIGHT be fun, but to be honest, I am not a big fan of futuristic games. I find it too hard to become immersed in a game with space ships and mech suits or aliens (SO NOT a Quake Wars: ET fan!) or anything along those lines.

Besides, most of your die-hard FH fans are WAYYYY to concerned with the Historical Accuracy of EVERYTHING for me to actually feel like I am in a game and NOT in an online re-enactment.

Comment

ww2 games i find boring now,

Comment

there are so many Games out playing the WWII scenario that it does suck like hell allready....

how about a WW3 Game or some Vietnam scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by HF_Martini6
                  there are so many Games out playing the WWII scenario that it does suck like hell allready....

how about a WW3 Game or some Vietnam scenario?

Correction, there are so many crappy WW2 games out there.
                  If there was another BF game with the rankings and unlocks in a WW2 theme it would be totally bad ***!

My idea is badass and would be the best WW2 game ever created. :evil:

Comment

potentially it would be really cool but it would need to be good afterall generally speaking i'd say yet another WW2 sim is the last thing we need.

Comment

Originally posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
                      Correction, there are so many crappy WW2 games out there.
                      If there was another BF game with the rankings and unlocks in a WW2 theme it would be totally bad ***!

My idea is badass and would be the best WW2 game ever created. :evil:
                      You did not need unlocks in BF42 because they made use of pick-up kits. If there was a need for a special weapon on that map, then there was a few lying around for anyone to pick up and use.

Ranks are pointless in BF2. Higher rank does not mean more skilled and that is why you wind up with some true idiots as commanders.

So, in essence, your badarse game has already been created in the form of BF 1942, Forgotten Hope, Red Orchestra and coming soon, Forgotten Hope 2.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but that is the way I see it.

Comment

I would like to c it in near future such as killzone stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRqUe?
                          i think WW2 games are getting spent, alot of them are bad and poorly made. MOH is getting worse with every new version, and COD is dominating the WW2 market (as it should), so i dont think they should make WW2 game, WW1 mabye. But with the pending realease of 2142, if they made another WW2 BF game they would be going back in time. I dont know how far the BF franchise can go??
                          APPLAUSE !

Comment

We need a damn new war to base a game on lol jk All the good wars have already bin milked to the highest degree

Comment

Originally posted by EliteRazgriz666
                              We need a damn new war to base a game on lol jk All the good wars have already bin milked to the highest degree
                              There is at least 6,000 years of war that a new game could be based from. It boils down to what will sell. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

I would like to play a Civil War shooter....or American Revolution........I'm not sure the idea is really sellable though.

Comment

Working...
                                X