• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 ROE Update realization... w00t

Originally posted by Orion126
    haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha

ha.
    It's ok Orion, get it ot of your system. I can just click on your sig and look at your numbers to feel better about my game persona.

Comment

Good.

Comment

There is also a rule in the ROE that commanders must not act in a manner which actively degrades the teams functionality..

there are conflicting rules. The solution: ignore them both and have the server give you the definite on the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
          Good.
          Geez... now that I have admitted defeat everyone will be pissy? You won, gloat away. I love stuff like this and it kept me occupied all night when I was bored so no loss. Sometimes it's nice to go back and forth around here with peeps. At least I admit I was wrong.

Comment

I stopped reading halfway through page three. As far as I can tell I agree fully with Parish.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
              parish yes you read the ROE wrong like 90% of people do.

2.3 “In-House” Ranked Server Rules

Public Ranked Servers and Private rented clan servers may introduce custom rules that apply only to their servers and which result in minor changes to gameplay. These “in-house” rules are allowed as long as they do not violate the conditions of use of a ranked server as determined by DICE and EA and as long as they are explicitly announced in the server description or on the loading screen, so that players joining the server are aware of them before they start playing.

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,
              deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

We will kick a commander who doesn't do their job properly. ie flying in a jet or heli or fighting in the frontlines in a tank. Commanders role should be passove on a large server. ie they should have their head in the commander screen for the whole game.

It don't matter what he read wrong, being kicked for being a passenager in a vehicle is absolutely lame. I can understand if he were a gunner in a helo, or something. However he was in a humvee. A command has the right to move about the map, and if that means he needs to haul *** in a humvee to save his life, then he has to do it. What happens when they don't? They are usually at the base that a enemy owns, completely dead to the world about what base they are at, and are killed. Which takes 10 seconds away that they could of supplied a UAV, or dropped supplys for a tank that could of saved the team a flag.
              Give the guy a break, he posted here, and my opinion on it is, the same as chodda's. So many bad servers out there where admins, simply must feel like they have to fulfill their duty, and enforce every last rule down to the last thing. As if they were actually getting paid.

I mean come on a HUMVEE, that is crazy. Its power abusive admins that make game play unenjoyable. I stick to SF, and guess what the good servers in SF exist. Theres OBC, AWESOME admins, and good players over-all. HELLS FURY is awesome, man a good group of players, and good admins over-all. Then theres |NAEA|, Clan GI Joes, and cTx, all great servers with great admins. In the past week I've sene many post resulting in some over abusive server admin. Like the incident with colony, (I won't go into details). Some people just don't need admins, people that can't handle losing especially, or the fact that maybe someone better then exist.

I bet 30 bucks you took a commander spot that the admin wanted, and he was just sore and looking for you to break one rule. He would of obviously had to of been watching pretty close to catch you as a passenager in a humvee.

Besides all that every last server I ever reported, to BF2ROE, and most of the time with hardcore proof, nothing ever happens to them. They still carry on. I don't really know why, but sometimes that reporting stuff don't even work, and gives errors galore.

Comment

I think it is annoying to no end when the commander on our team is flying around in a helo or jet, disregarding requests for vehicle drops, UAV's, or supply crates. At that rate, I would quickly warn them to command or fly. I personally don't care if they want to sit in a tank and help with the reduction of enemy tickets, but a jat or helo? I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                  I think it is annoying to no end when the commander on our team is flying around in a helo or jet, disregarding requests for vehicle drops, UAV's, or supply crates. At that rate, I would quickly warn them to command or fly. I personally don't care if they want to sit in a tank and help with the reduction of enemy tickets, but a jat or helo? I dont think so.
                  Agreed 100%. Sometimes you don't have a big choice. With the cartillary and all your safer as a commander in a tank to begin with. As it stands though I jsut think it was an upset admin.

Comment

Originally posted by [GU]LIZARD
                    Agreed 100%. Sometimes you don't have a big choice. With the cartillary and all your safer as a commander in a tank to begin with. As it stands though I jsut think it was an upset admin.
                    I've noticed that there are some servers out there that will not even permit you to leave the main base as commander. That is an even more ridiculous rule than the aformentioned original post. If a commander has to get to a safer place and maybe help out a squad, they should be able to jump in a Black Hawk and cruise over if possible. Not always, but you never really know what will happen in a game. I agree with your specific citation of the Attack Choppers and Jets being off limits. :rock:

Comment

Commanders should be allowed to ride tank, helos, and jets. There are a number a of situations where noone wants to command so its better than nothing. But as soon as they got a mutiny they should resigh or if they dont do and cant acoplish requests than they deserv kick. and btw yes I can fly a plane and command at the same time on simple maps like wake easy!

Comment

the roe is totally screwed up, but not for that reason.

Comment

Well as much as it seems astoundingly stupid to force a commander to stay in one spot staring at a screen in the hopes he does not get killed, it would appear that the ROE, IndianScout and the R2 guys say you have to. So no riding anywhere lest you be banned and since it's a violation of the ROE I guess you could be reset for doing it. If you follw the rule to the letter, then don't even hop into a vehicle that someone else is driving or flying lest you be subject to the same crap and get banned or reset.

I swear the game is fine but all the stupid people trying to control it are ruining it for those of us who actually play it on a regular basis. I wonder how many of these BF2 Police actually play commander? I wonder if any of them are even good at it? I love the argument that you can't do two things at the same time like command and fight. In the real world some of the greatest military commanders of all time fought beside their men. That must have been much easier since it was in the real world huh? God knows it is much harder to do things in a video game than it is in the real world right? I want to say there is a word for it.... something like multi-tasking, but I could be wrong. God forbid some of these uber geniuses chew gum and try to walk at the same time.

Honestly, this whole issue is really making me wonder who picked some of these geniuses to be in charge of anything.

Comment

Look parish it is an "optional" private server rule. Some servers may have it some don't. Its totally optional. Its your responsibility as a player to understand and follow a servers rules. If they have commanders don't fly, then its a no brainer if you fly as a commander expect to get kicked or banned.

You won't get reset for doing this. The worst that can happen is a server will ban you for hindering your own team by not commanding properly.

I'm not going to say I told you so but I hope that you learn to read the ROE more thoroughly next time.

Comment

finnaly

Comment

that's why the ROE it total ********. Nowhere does it say now, that you can or can't kick a commander who is flying/driving/gunning/fighting.

It says no restricting players, but it also says no hindering your own team.

The ROE is too ambiguous, need to be clear and concise.

Comment

Working...
                                X