Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 ROE Update realization... w00t

Originally posted by parish
    You guys are killing me. Note that it says "using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) " Being in the back of a Humvee by no means PREVENTS me from performing my duties as commander. You guys must play with some pretty sucky commanders...
    When you are in a vehicle (Operating it or not) you need to be concentrating ong more than just commanding.
    In many people opinion this takes away from one's ability to command to his/her fullest.

I dont' care how good of a commander you are you can do it better (for yourself and your team) if you are fully concentrating on commanding and not in a vehicle.

Comment

Oh please don't report me!

Comment

Originally posted by Chodda
        Hehhe Blades is making it sound like if there are no servers to play on the world is gonna end, I forgot Sir. do nothing but play BF2 =)

Hahah children, your a grown adult fighting over the internet playing childrens games... "lawl"
        The world wont end. BF2 will end, and I like BF2. I want to continue to play it. And I would suggest that you woudnt be a jerk towards server owners. Servers are expensive, and no one NEEDS to own one. Yet for some reason, they continue to pay. And you, like a regular pubber, just throw it in their faces, even though they give you a decent place to play a game that you like. I know that I would be pretty pissed off if I was paying that much, and dont get thanks from players, but instead insults.

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
          When you are in a vehicle (Operating it or not) you need to be concentrating ong more than just commanding.
          In many people opinion this takes away from one's ability to command to his/her fullest.

I dont' care how good of a commander you are you can do it better (for yourself and your team) if you are fully concentrating on commanding and not in a vehicle.
          In your opinion? Mutiny me and get me kicked if you don't like it. It does not matter if you "think" I can do something or not. I can do it and will do it. If you cannot get the mutiny, then the rest of the team must not think highly of your "opinion". That's what the mutiny button is for and you should try using it instead of abusing admin and booting someone when you're the only one who thinks the commander isn't doing enough.

Comment

To be honest there isn't one decent server out there... either admins, players, or glitches ruin it.

yah and you never did explain why you abuse your admin powers orion
            xfire: chodda
            steam: w0ofz

Comment

I see no problem with hanging out in the back of a Hummer so long as your commanding and not sitting their shooting out the back. However I do raise an issue with any commander who is driving/piloting/steering any form of transportation. I also belive that a commander should concentrate on that and just cill out somewhere and not bother shooting unless fired upon...self-defence...if your commanding your there to help the team not yourself, so put down the gun and pick up your handy dandy satilite up-link.

Thats just what I think and what we use on our clan server.

Comment

In your opinion? Mutiny me and get me kicked if you don't like it. It does not matter if you "think" I can do something or not. I can do it and will do it. If you cannot get the mutiny, then the rest of the team must not think highly of your "opinion". That's what the mutiny button is for and you should try using it instead of abusing admin and booting someone when you're the only one who thinks the commander isn't doing enough.
                First of all I didn't say my opinion...learn reading comprehension.
                I said In many people's opinion because I know that I am not alone.

It's not abuse of Admin powers if it states in the RoE that I can have that rule.
                This is the type of playstyle we want on our server and as long as it's legal we will enforce it.

You can either comply or find another server that doesn't have that rule. I'm sure there are plenty.

Comment

Commanders should command, period.

But the way I read the OP, is that players cannot be prevented from using vehicles, ie - INFANTRY ONLY servers. Says nothing about preventing commanders from using vehicles. I guess it's all in the interpretation.

Comment

Whoever said I was abusing the admin powers? What proof do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Chodda
                      To be honest there isn't one decent server out there... either admins, players, or glitches ruin it.
                      So why do you play?
                      You are the classic griefer. Nothing better to do than ruin peoples fun.

Comment

Hahah now you are denying it. Why don't you be the big man you say you are and step up
                        xfire: chodda
                        steam: w0ofz

Comment

Originally posted by strido
                          Commanders should command, period.

But the way I read the OP, is that players cannot be prevented from using vehicles, ie - INFANTRY ONLY servers. Says nothing about preventing commanders from using vehicles. I guess it's all in the interpretation.
                          It's not a matter of interpretation. Players are the people on the server playing the game. They are not determined by what kit of vehicle they use, nor if they command. They are all playing and therfore are players in the game. The rule says "players" which means everyone connected and in the server banging heads, not just infantry.

Comment

parish these rules are in house server rules which may or may not be applied to a private ranked server. You being a server owner can choose whether or not you want to apply a rule to commanders which states they should not be in a vehicle whilst commanding or they can be.

However if you are playing on a server that clearly states commanders should command and not be in a jet/heli/vehilce then if you are the commander and are in a vehilce expect to be kicked its really that simple.

Comment

It's not a matter of interpretation. Players are the people on the server playing the game. They are not determined by what kit of vehicle they use, nor if they command. They are all playing and therfore are players in the game. The rule says "players" which means everyone connected and in the server banging heads, not just infantry.
                              Yes that's true, and then the very next section adds an addendum that states that Admins can have a rule about Commanders not using vehicles that prevent them from performing Commander functions.

You know very little about 'interpretating' these types of documents. (You know...the ones with sections and subsections and stuff... )

I'm going to bed...I've made my point clear.
                              I'll probably come back in the morning to either 10 more pages of this nonsense or a locked thread. Gnite all

Comment

Hey Parish...How about reading the reast of the RoE...Specifically the very next section to the one you posted:
                                (Important parts in bold)

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.
                                Telling someone they cannot use a vehicle is not a MINOR change. I takes away 75% of the gameplay for some.
                                Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,
                                Hindering a team is subjective and does not touch on my point on any level. Guys not being in a squad hinders the play, should the lone wolf players get the boot? How about pilots who suck? The part I cited is not ambiguous. It is very clear and says you cannot make a rule banning ANY player from using a vehicle.
                                deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.
                                The stuff you put in bold does not make any sense. What if it does not prevent me from performing my commander duites? What if I can do both well? Mutiny me if you think I suck, that's what that button is for.

First of all I didn't say my opinion...learn reading comprehension.
                                I said In many people's opinion because I know that I am not alone.

It's not abuse of Admin powers if it states in the RoE that I can have that rule.
                                This is the type of playstyle we want on our server and as long as it's legal we will enforce it.

You can either comply or find another server that doesn't have that rule. I'm sure there are plenty.
                                That is exactly my point. It does not state in the ROE that you can have that as a rule. You are just reading into it what you wish. I cited an EXACT line from the ROE that states EXACTLY that you CANNOT prevent ANY player from using vehicles, end of story. Unless you can point out something in it that states your point in clear English then your argument is moot as it has no base in fact. Show me where it says you can kick a commander for using a vehicle. You can't because it does not say that. If you are going to use the ROE as the letter of the law to argue your point, then you should find something in it that is not subjective and not open to interpretation as I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X