BF2 ROE Update realization... w00t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 ROE Update realization... w00t

Unless I read it wrong (it has happened before) the update posted last month on the BF2 ROE which I will cite below makes it a violation of the ROE to tell commanders they cannot use vehicles and can lead to a server being de-listed if reported.

2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

I only mention this because I have been kicked before for being a commander and driving around in a vehicle because commanders are not allowed to do anything other than stare at the command screen in a cubby hole hiding somewhere. I guess in the future I will simply report the server for the violation of the ROE with a screenshot of the kick reason and maybe with some luck, they will get the boot. I am really getting tired of crap rules like this on servers.

Kicking someone for being racist or using improper language is one thing, but booting someone because they are in a Humvee is really beyond stupid.

Re: BF2 ROE Update realization... w00t

If you're whoring in a jet, tank, or helo you really can't command. I'm glad they kicked you for that because I would do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
      If you're whoring in a jet, tank, or helo you really can't command. I'm glad they kicked you for that because I would do the same.
      Wow, you're not very bright are you? Read my post again. I said I was in a Humvee and actually I was a passenger, so settle down there hyper lad.

Comment

But it is against the BF ROE.

Comment

I grab a car and head back if no bleeding ***holes want to go defend the main. As commander I still have a gun.

Comment

commanders should command, not play the game to try and whore more points.

Comment

Originally posted by parish
              Wow, you're not very bright are you? Read my post again. I said I was in a Humvee and actually I was a passenger, so settle down there hyper lad. Also make a mental note that I don't care what you think ok?
              Your posting a general rule so I'm being general.

Comment

@ orion, not you.

Comment

It is against ROE and if he was only in a humvee no biggie.

But if he was in a jet, tank, or helo (again being general) then I think it deserves a kick.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion126
                    Your posting a general rule so I'm being general.

You're turn for a mental note, don't post in a forum if you don't care what people think.
                    I recognize that response was not called for so I removed it.

Comment

Although I don't think it should be a kickable offense, I see the logic behind such a rule. Many commanders have been flying or artying and have done nothing to support the troops on the ground, (post author excluded). I call for a supply drop and don't get one because the commander is too busy dive bombing an AA battery or whatever he is busy with at the moment to provide that supply drop or drop that arty needed to help prevent the enemy from overtaking a flag.

When I command, which I don't get the option to do very often (usually because someone of higher rank has applied for the position), I snuggle into my little hole and I command. That is how I can most effective in the role so why do anything else?

Comment

orion = pwnd

I hate server admins who try to act like they are actually important and have a purpose. Admins always say, I OWN this server I can do what I want... BS! EA owns that server annnnd your ***, because you were dumb enough to pay $10 a slot or w/e ridiculous price it is. You like being shafted don’t yah.

Nice find parish =)
                        xfire: chodda
                        steam: w0ofz

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                          commanders should command, not play the game to try and whore more points.
                          You can't whore points as a commander dude. You don't get team points for taking flags, nor kill points or any other points for that matter. Your points come from your teams score so it would be kinda silly to whore anything as commander.

Comment

Originally posted by parish
                            I recognize that response was not called for so I removed it.
                            Thank you. I removed my response to that as well.

Originally posted by Chodda
                            orion = pwnd

Comment

Originally posted by Chodda
                              orion = pwnd

I hate server admins who try to act like they are actually important and have a purpose. Admins always say, I OWN this server I can do what I want... BS! EA owns that server annnnd your ***, because you were dumb enough to pay $10 a slot or w/e ridiculous price it is. You like being shafted don’t yah.

Nice find parish =)
                              if it werent for server owners paying a ridiculous amount of money, then you wouldnt have anywhere to play, now would you? stfu and let them give you a place to play, you ungrateful person.

Comment

Working...
                              X