BF2 ROE Update realization... w00t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 ROE Update realization... w00t

Kick votes are turned off on our server and admins will kick you if you are in a jet/vehicle.

I'd be worried playing on your server parish because you obviously DO NOT understand the ROE at all.

This 2nd ROE is basically the same as the 1st. The commander rule was also in the 1st ROE as well and you have only just come to this realization, which is also wrong?

I suggest you spend more time reading and understanding the ROE for your own benefit.

Comment

This is the most insane debate I have ever seen around here. Most of the server owners around here won't do crap when someone is on their server glitching, team killing, hacking etc. but god forbid you climb into a Humvee while being a commander. BANNED ! Talk about insanity. You guys should focus your efforts on real problems in the game and not punish those who can do something you can't. If you can't be commander and be productive while sitting in a vehicle it does not mean others lack the skill to do it. You just don't have it.

How about enforcing rules that actually help your teams like being in squads, or following orders from the commander. How about booting spawn campers etc. This is just pathetic. Some of us server owners and admins have real reasons to boot people and don't sit in judgement of the ability they have to play a videogame to our standards. Being a server owner does not make you a functional or rational adult as is shown by many of the responses in this thread excluding my own.

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
      Kick votes are turned off on our server and admins will kick you if you are in a jet/vehicle.

I'd be worried playing on your server parish because you obviously DO NOT understand the ROE at all.

This 2nd ROE is basically the same as the 1st. The commander rule was also in the 1st ROE as well and you have only just come to this realization, which is also wrong?

I suggest you spend more time reading and understanding the ROE for your own benefit.
      I say you're reading it wrong. Did you write it? How about we ask Indian Scout to settle this once and for all? I think you might be upset at the outcome. For every server owner that reads it the way you do, there are just as many that read it the way I do. At least what I was pointing out was in plain English and not something that could be mis-interpreted.

**** EDIT ***
      I sent a PM to Indian Scout and will add his reply and ruling here when he responds to settle this wheather I am right or wrong once and for all.

Comment

I very rarely go commander, but if i do, i'll take any vehicle i want to. Not to whore points, but to help MY TEAM.

Thanks for posting this info, i'll be sure to remember it.

Comment

gosh guys, cant we all be friends?

Comment

In fact whilst I didn't write the ROE I participated in the ROE discussion which includes this very rule about commanders along with other admins. It was feedback from the admins that got this rule included into the ROE. So YES I think I know what I'm talking about here.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
              In fact whilst I didn't write the ROE I participated in the ROE discussion which includes this very rule about commanders along with other admins. It was feedback from the admins that got this rule included into the ROE. So YES I think I know what I'm talking about here.
              I am an admin along with thousands more that did not particiapte in your conversation on this. Your supposed participation in it means nothing. Like I said, I will get a ruling and settle it. If they say that commanders cannot be in a vehicle period, then I will ask that the ROE be revised to say that in no uncertain terms so no one needs to be clairvoyant to read bewteen the lines in the future.

The saddest part of all of this stupidity is when you're the only one left on your team and the commander. You go to get in a vehicle to grab a flag because your team has none and everyone is dead, and you are banned for being in a vehicle. That's sheer genius isn't it?

Perhaps your teams flags are all cap-able. I guess this rule would imply that as commander, even if your flag is taken and the enemy controls the base you are in, you should just stay there and hope they never find you because it would be against the rules to go out and try to help your team.

If you honestly participated in a conversation where someone said this is a good idea and we should include it in the ROE, then I feel bad for the community as a whole for them being subjected to such ignorance.

If a commander were not allowed in vehicles, then he should not be able to walk up and get in one. If he can, then he will. If EA wanted it the other way they would have made it impossible for someone who is commander to enter a vehicle period. They did not do this. Seems my case is made for me huh?
              I'm sorry dude, but there is no way you can tell me I can't get into a vehicle in the game that I paid for. The game has vehicles in it. You say a commander must command but don't care if the squads don't listen nor do you care if the squad leaders lead right? The level of hypocrisy in your position on this is dumbfounding.

Comment

If you want my 2 cents, ( and you probably don't)...

COMMANDERS should command, a novel concept,
                Stay the Farg outta the vehicles and let those that whore around in them anyways take them.

Use and time your 5 little buttons while commanding to support the SQUADS that your suppose to be.

People have way to much time on thier hands to argue about this crap.

BTY - HKS and any Admin from R2 are "EDUCATED" and "EXPERIENCED" in dealing with anythin ROE. So get off yal's shiny pony named "Pride" and throw this topic in the garbage!

Comment

Originally posted by AgonyPrime
                  If you want my 2 cents, ( and you probably don't)...

COMMANDERS should command, a novel concept,
                  Stay the Farg outta the vehicles and let those that whore around in them anyways take them.

Use and time your 5 little buttons while commanding to support the SQUADS that your suppose to be.

People have way to much time on thier hands to argue about this crap.

BTY - HKS and any Admin from R2 are "EDUCATED" and "EXPERIENCED" in dealing with anythin ROE. So get off yal's shiny pony named "Pride" and throw this topic in the garbage!
                  Well no matter how hard I look throught the credits for the game I can't find one R2 person listed in them or anywehere else for that matter, including anywhere in the ROE. So I will wait for a higher power to weigh in. Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

I read the first 2 pages and didn't feel like wasting my time reading the last two. So heres the bottom line.

Server Owners:
                    a) Have the right to kick anyone they please
                    b) Make their own decisions

If you don't like it you can join another server.

So you may say that "the roe says you can't kick me because I'm not in a jet while commanding!! IM IN A JEEP!!" Thats why all the rules on the ROE are important. Although you aren't in a jet an admin can kick you at any time for "Team Hampering"(or team hindering as the ROE has it). A server owner can manage a server however they want. Its just the wording they use that they have to be cautious of.

So for those of you that were to lazy to read my post. You can either find another server or stop complaining because as server owners we will kick you if we please. If you walk into my server and I feel you shouldn't be there I can guarantee you there is a way I can get rid of you without breaking the ROE.

Comment

And there you have it. Someone kill this thread...its done

Comment

and you can kick to make room for admin any time you want.

Comment

When I command, I grab whatever ground vehicle I can get. Then I just fight with my troops and command at the same time.

Comment

Well IndainScout says it's a valid rule, so I guess there's no sense in playing commander anymore. I guess the other part of the ROE that says you can't ban someone from using vehicles is just cannon fodder and not really meant to be adhered to. GG's stupidity. Cya.

Comment

haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahaha

ha.

Comment

Originally posted by MantaMan
                                When I command, I grab whatever ground vehicle I can get. Then I just fight with my troops and command at the same time.
                                hmm... Its very hard to command and fight at the same time!! :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                                X