• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Game I Supposedly Purchased?

It's called marketing.

I've never gotten anything that looked like this in a Macdonald's:

You know it's always going to be something like this:

E3 is nothing more than a big commercial. Don't buy into what they tell you things are going to be... just judge 'em for what they are.

That sloppy 'ol bigmac is still perty damned tasty (on the very rare occasion) and the BF2 we got is still a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
      It's called marketing.

E3 is nothing more than a big commercial. Don't buy into what they tell you things are going to be... just judge 'em for what they are.

That sloppy 'ol bigmac is still perty damned tasty (on the very rare occasion) and the BF2 we got is still a lot of fun.
      Yeah true the E3 thing was just marketing but the hover craft was false advertising as far as I'm concerned, 8 months after the game was released they were still advertising it on EA site. To be honest with you though i don't care about all the extras I'm really happy with the game as it is i just wish the bugs were less prevalent than they are.

Comment

unless it says "this video is comprised entirely of actual gameplay" it means its a rendered video of what the game sorta looks like or what they plan it to look like, at the given time....
        its a popular thing with tv advertisements these days to have a completely rendered movie that looks nothing like actual gameplay as a commercial..if you use your head its pretty obvius

Comment

I was just about to say that Wargimp...it's a lot of fluff and marketing. I am happy with my purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
            I didnt see it anywere posted on PoE but i think they forgot the hover craft in the list . They (EA) were still advertising the hovercraft as being part of the game at least 8 months after its release even though it was never in the game.
            Its in that list m8, its called the LCAC. Landing Craft, Air Cushion (LCAC)

Comment

Originally posted by Jemme101
              Its in that list m8, its called the LCAC. Landing Craft, Air Cushion (LCAC)
              ahh ok

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                It's called marketing.

that soooooooooo true lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Ill probably just get PoE2 when it is released and leave normal bf2. i think that might be the console version in that video.

Comment

You guys crack me up.

Go to a random server and watch how people play. Then watch again how simple the game is, and watch again how still people fail to play the game properly. I dont mind DICE pulling out so many features. With more than half of my teammates being total morons and idiots usually, I believe DICE did the right thing to simplify the game as much as possible.

Comment

Lol False Advertising they are known for...

Comment

It worries me somewhat when beta content is clearly superior to the finished product
                        For example you can look back at Halflife 2 beta and there is a huge amount of levels and weapons cut ruthlessly yet it is blatantly of inferior quality and was cut for good reasons. With BF2 browsing through those old screens and seeing more highly detailed cockpits, vehicle HUDs, skins, lobby and vehicles than what we actually got is a little bizarre

Comment

I agree much they dropped some the best stuff...Like Poisen Gas that could be fired by Motors from Not Takable Bases into random areas of map and Soldiers gotta put on Gas Masks, be so cool.

Comment

People think that there is a board-room filled with grey-haired executives in $5,000 suits like Mr. Burns, trying to figure out how to screw gamers...

Are you people freakin retarded?

The same thing happens in movies.... hours of quality sceens cut and left to rot on the editing room floor... they can only do so much.

Think the system requirements are crazy now? Try adding all those weapons and vehicles...

The engine is limited and what we have is the outter limit of its capability.

Comment

Damn You Ea!!!! I Wanted That Spear Gun!

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                                People think that there is a board-room filled with grey-haired executives in $5,000 suits like Mr. Burns, trying to figure out how to screw gamers...

Are you people freakin retarded?

The same thing happens in movies.... hours of quality sceens cut and left to rot on the editing room floor... they can only do so much.

Think the system requirements are crazy now? Try adding all those weapons and vehicles...

The engine is limited and what we have is the outter limit of its capability.
                                Consultant01 that is how EA works.

Comment

Working...
                                X