Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should BF2 stats be carried over to 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should BF2 stats be carried over to 2142?

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
    Maybe you should get an award like a free unlock since I heard theres going to be like 30 which is pretty nuts.
    40 unlocks

Comment

nah its to much, theres no point taking them all over, support badge when there isnt a support kit in 2142.

Comment

New game, Start again. I'm not buying till BF2 works properly. Therefore I'll probably never own it untill Pizza Hut gives it away.

Comment

Yes but only something that identifies you as a BF2 vet.

I dont know what that would be, a specific series of ranks, I specific branch of unlocks (no more powerful, but different than others)... something.

I dont care about being a blah-blah-sergeant in 2142...

Comment

I am of the group that global score should be transfered over but all other stats are wiped.

The fact that there are unlocks will ALWAYS put new players at a disadvantage. Most people who get 2142 when it comes out will already own BF2 so you would just be delaying punishing the noobs and they would be, in fact, punishing some of the vets from BF2 because not all of us can play 8 hours a day to get all the unlocks quickly.

I also think they WILL do something like this because it will encourage people to switch over and buy the new game. Some people won't want to start from scratch again, because it took a lot of time to get the unlocks, and will just stick with BF2. I think it would make good business sense for them to at least have SOME kind of benefit for BF2 vets to move over.

Comment

i said yes
              we should get SOME reward for sticking with EA even with all this 1.3 crap
              we should get SOME recognition for playing 400 hrs

Comment

Have to stick with the rest its a new game. The game looks like it sucks anyhow...might as well play mech warrior....or something....

Comment

I just have to reiterate that it makes good business sense to give those who have played BF2 an incentive to switch over to BF2142 so they probably will do something.

Comment

I voted no. I hate the stats system and everything it stands for. Thats why i stopped playin ages ago. My time is now spent playing various mods. Fun over stats anyday!!!

You will all learn this one day, maybe not soon but you will!

Comment

i think they should but they probably wont. i dont really care i wont be buying it waste of good money.

Comment

That is assuming that BF2 style stats will even be used in BF2142. BUT, if you build in an advanced start level for the BF2 vets, then you will most certainly drive away new players. There was no bonus in BF2 for those of us that owned and played EVERY version of BF1942. And yes I know that BF42 did not track stats like BF2 does, BUT I have been a member of GameSpy since I got my first copy of BF 1942. And since GameSpy is the big partner in BF2 and the Stats, where was the reward for loyalty? There wasn't unless you count the faulty "pre-order" program. Why pre-order when Wal-Mart had the game on their shelves BEFORE I got mine that WAS pre-ordered?

Nope. New game. No bonus for owning BF2. That will be $39.95. Thank you, please drive through.

Comment

YES to prevent people from rushing to stats ASAP

Comment

I have a low computer budget and am wondering if BF2142 is even worth it?? I would have to upgrade my comp... again. I woiuld have ti start over with new stats... It just seems like a so/so game anyways. I will probabaly wait a few days before buying it to see reviewes and the such but I am not so sure.. when is it coming out anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by ~WPN~Major Ursa
                              That is assuming that BF2 style stats will even be used in BF2142. BUT, if you build in an advanced start level for the BF2 vets, then you will most certainly drive away new players. There was no bonus in BF2 for those of us that owned and played EVERY version of BF1942. And yes I know that BF42 did not track stats like BF2 does, BUT I have been a member of GameSpy since I got my first copy of BF 1942. And since GameSpy is the big partner in BF2 and the Stats, where was the reward for loyalty? There wasn't unless you count the faulty "pre-order" program. Why pre-order when Wal-Mart had the game on their shelves BEFORE I got mine that WAS pre-ordered?

Nope. New game. No bonus for owning BF2. That will be $39.95. Thank you, please drive through.
                              I really don't get why having vets would drive away new business. That doesn't make any sense. If that were a concern, they would do away with unlocks altogether. People are still buying BF2 now, so obviously it is not driving away new customers.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
                                I really don't get why having vets would drive away new business. That doesn't make any sense. If that were a concern, they would do away with unlocks altogether. People are still buying BF2 now, so obviously it is not driving away new customers.

People buying BF2 right now know that they are getting into the game "in progress" and accept that fact. BF2142 is a new game. There will be people that buy BF2142 that do not own BF2. They don't want to be behind the curve in a new game. They paid for the exact same content you paid for.

And who is to say that once BF2142 comes out that the unlocks for BF2 won't be done away with? Older game=less support from game maker. When BF2142 comes out, BF2 will wind up like BF1942. It will be purchased because Joe Consumer wants to play XYZ Mod, not BF2.

Comment

Working...
                                X