What music do you like to hear...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boomstick68
    replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Coheed and Cambria
    AvengedSevenfold
    Killswitch Engage
    All that remains

    Leave a comment:


  • Thirdeyez
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
    i think you're confused dude. I don't listen to any rap that was made after 2002 because that's when it really started to become commercial and focused on the same BS in life that 99% of the public can't relate to myself included. The rap I grew up on and still listen to is stuff like jsut about any Wu-tang and wutang member solo albums. Bone Thugs N harmony, Old school three-six-mafia (the stuff all the way up to "when the smoke clears") Old skool TRU and Master P, Youngbleed, Nas, AZ, the Firm, Eminem's first album, Just about any 2pac because he died before the BS, The list goes on forever, but thats a taste of what I feel was real with rap. Like you however, I do dearly hope for a revival of the realness and authenticity that spawned the genre. The rap that comes out these days is a disgrace to what was once something unique.
    no no , i was agreeing with you..just pointing out what you me and a selct few see..
    off topic story..was at a park with my son today..car pulls up with a guy and his kids..were same age, mid-20's..now the crazy thing....
    He pulls up with his kids in the car with his car shaking with a song about..strippers shaking there a$$ses and killing "niggas"..
    all i can say is WTF?

    Leave a comment:


  • 12:oc7ock
    replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
    I hate to turn this into a lets bash rap music..but..
    Disco + 80's Hair Metal all turns into....

    4XXXL size shirts, gold teeth, giant medalions, videos with strippers, videos withmillion dollar cars and "rappers" whos personal life sell my record then there actual skills..

    One day you'll look back at how commercial and petty the music was and go "WTF was I thinking" same way I feel abou tknowing I owned Def Lepard Albums and my Mom thinking about when she had an afro and platforms..

    Hopefully rap can do what rock did in the early 90's with grunge, re-invent and go to the roots, go past selling there "look" and actually selling there music and lyrical skills.
    i think you're confused dude. I don't listen to any rap that was made after 2002 because that's when it really started to become commercial and focused on the same BS in life that 99% of the public can't relate to myself included. The rap I grew up on and still listen to is stuff like jsut about any Wu-tang and wutang member solo albums. Bone Thugs N harmony, Old school three-six-mafia (the stuff all the way up to "when the smoke clears") Old skool TRU and Master P, Youngbleed, Nas, AZ, the Firm, Eminem's first album, Just about any 2pac because he died before the BS, The list goes on forever, but thats a taste of what I feel was real with rap. Like you however, I do dearly hope for a revival of the realness and authenticity that spawned the genre. The rap that comes out these days is a disgrace to what was once something unique.

    Leave a comment:


  • sassback
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Iced earth: Horror Show
    Pantera: Cowboys from Hell
    Metallica: Master of Puppets
    Sacred Reich: The American Way
    Exodus: Shovel Headed Kill Machine

    Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
    I hate to turn this into a lets bash rap music..but..
    Disco + 80's Hair Metal all turns into....

    4XXXL size shirts, gold teeth, giant medalions, videos with strippers, videos withmillion dollar cars and "rappers" whos personal life sell my record then there actual skills..

    One day you'll look back at how commercial and petty the music was and go "WTF was I thinking" same way I feel abou tknowing I owned Def Lepard Albums and my Mom thinking about when she had an afro and platforms..

    Hopefully rap can do what rock did in the early 90's with grunge, re-invent and go to the roots, go past selling there "look" and actually selling there music and lyrical skills.
    ... +1 :rock:

    Leave a comment:


  • jimmy_396_jimmy
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    i like to listen to metallica on my ipod/SLVR when i'm playing

    Leave a comment:


  • Thirdeyez
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
    Back when rap was rap and not a puppet show right, right.
    I hate to turn this into a lets bash rap music..but..
    Disco + 80's Hair Metal all turns into....

    4XXXL size shirts, gold teeth, giant medalions, videos with strippers, videos withmillion dollar cars and "rappers" whos personal life sell my record then there actual skills..

    One day you'll look back at how commercial and petty the music was and go "WTF was I thinking" same way I feel abou tknowing I owned Def Lepard Albums and my Mom thinking about when she had an afro and platforms..

    Hopefully rap can do what rock did in the early 90's with grunge, re-invent and go to the roots, go past selling there "look" and actually selling there music and lyrical skills.

    Leave a comment:


  • 12:oc7ock
    replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
    Some rap..none of the new pop rap tho, good stuff like Wu-tang, old Nas, Raekwon/Ghost, Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy.
    Back when rap was rap and not a puppet show right, right.

    Leave a comment:


  • Revoluti0n
    replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Lamb of God: Ashes of the Wake
    Slipknot: Iowa
    Trivium: Ascendancy
    System of a Down: any album handy
    Chimaira: Pass Out of Existence
    Deftones: any album handy
    Slayer: Seasons in the Abyss

    Leave a comment:


  • Thirdeyez
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    I usually pop one ear bud from my Ipod in my ear as I play since I dont want back ground programs runnin nor do I like to have the stereo on..one ear bud for music, one ear for battle sounds.

    My current track list is a shuffle of...

    All Tool CD's...not much off of 10k days tho..alot of Lateralus. I play Tool more then anything, love um.
    Nine Inch Nails..assorted tracks, heavy stuff usually like March of the Pigs.
    The Mars Volta..alot of Deloused, some of the new leaked album.
    Chevelle, some tracks are good..some to pop.
    Cog, some aussie band..some good songs.
    Deftones, assorted crap.
    Some rap..none of the new pop rap tho, good stuff like Wu-tang, old Nas, Raekwon/Ghost, Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy.

    Leave a comment:


  • 12:oc7ock
    replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    i don't listen to music when I play unless I'm drunk. But when I do, Atreyu get's me pumped for some killing. Chevelle's good, some BTNH, Triple-6-mafia, and some Old school Deftones.

    Leave a comment:


  • gh0st
    Guest started a topic What music do you like to hear...

    What music do you like to hear...

    when playing BF2?

    Basicly, I have 5 Albums that I like to listen to when playing:

    Devildriver: The Fury of our Maker's Hand
    Lamb of God: Ashes in the Wake
    Aeon: Bleeding the False
    Sepultura: Chaos A.D.
    Black Hawk Down OST

    Anyone else listen to music as well when playing? Sometimes I swear it makes the game just that much cooler.
Working...