What music do you like to hear...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gh0st
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Okay, opinions are opinions, I and many others do not think death mntal is sht. I't alot better than that emo crap and it takes alot of skill to play the guitar and ESPECIALLY drums in such a way. mason jar, bostons (before it was shut down), scottsdale venue. pretty cool stuff, actually. AZ got a good metal scene i would say.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2K
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
    Deathmetal is not music, it is $hit. And if you can play everything Dan Jacobs from aTreyu can play (assuming you haven't been studying and reciting their music for months now) then I'll go ahead and drop a geltab (or 2) and confirm that I can pilot a JSF-35B inside and out of the game BF2. :laugh:
    Every head of Melodic Death Metal?

    Leave a comment:


  • Eviscereightor
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Recently it has been:

    The Leekspin Song
    Judas Priest - Painkiller Album
    various Nitro songs
    Helloween's I Want Out
    Testament - Demonic Album


    and ROFL AT THREE SIX MAFIA







    I'm ridin spinnaz, i'm ridin spinnaz, they don't stop.

    Leave a comment:


  • davelisowski
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
    All Tool CD's...not much off of 10k days tho..alot of Lateralus. I play Tool more then anything, love um.
    Nine Inch Nails..assorted tracks, heavy stuff usually like March of the Pigs.
    I read this and stopped in the thread. Sorry for everyone else who answered but this is awesome. Tool rocks the house. NIN kicks *** too.

    Rage Against the Machine is awesome too. Pantera rocks. Basically, anything that's aggressive/heavy really sets the mood.

    I wouldn't mind a nice playlist of John Fogerty and CCR, etc. 1960s-esque.

    In reality though, I just randomize all my music and skip the songs that suck (usually after a long while I realize it sucks and I skip it). Mostly the songs are filler for the non-combat parts.

    :edit: Oh, are we listing our favorite bands or the ones we listen to while playing? Because, for me, they are slightly different.

    Leave a comment:


  • 12:oc7ock
    replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Originally posted by [xXx]gh0st
    Well, most everything you guys said is good music to me, but I play in a death metal band out here in phx, so that's generally the kind of stuff I listen to.

    As far as guitarists, you guys are all right on the money. I like every single one of them, but I don't think Atreyu's GT is THAT great. I can play most of the stuff he does, but he's good I just wouldn't say AWESOME.

    Buckethead to me is the best guitarist I've heard in years. I love everything he does. Same w/ Claypool, of course he's bass, but him and, oh... Victor Wooten, man, those guys rock!
    Deathmetal is not music, it is $hit. And if you can play everything Dan Jacobs from aTreyu can play (assuming you haven't been studying and reciting their music for months now) then I'll go ahead and drop a geltab (or 2) and confirm that I can pilot a JSF-35B inside and out of the game BF2. :laugh:

    Leave a comment:


  • LifeCrysis
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    I've gotta say I'm a huge George Strait fan, but Toby Keith plays well to this game also.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tombstone
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Originally posted by [xXx]gh0st
    Well, most everything you guys said is good music to me, but I play in a death metal band out here in phx, so that's generally the kind of stuff I listen to.

    As far as guitarists, you guys are all right on the money. I like every single one of them, but I don't think Atreyu's GT is THAT great. I can play most of the stuff he does, but he's good I just wouldn't say AWESOME.

    Buckethead to me is the best guitarist I've heard in years. I love everything he does. Same w/ Claypool, of course he's bass, but him and, oh... Victor Wooten, man, those guys rock!

    OMG Victor Wooten? He is the best Bassist this world has ever seen! No joke!

    nice one Ghost, u ever listen to Bella Fleck? What venus u play in PHX?

    Leave a comment:


  • gh0st
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    You know, if you just like instrumentals, hans zimmer rocks - I've been listening to alot of his stuff lately while playing lol. like crimson tide ost or the rock ost.

    Leave a comment:


  • coolbho3000
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    I don't... listen to music. (I'm being serious)

    Leave a comment:


  • gh0st
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    yeah floyd rocks of course so doesn sabbath.

    Leave a comment:


  • N_Ellingworth
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    I generally listen to Pink Floyd, Eloy, Van Der Graaf Generator, Yes, ELP, Black Sabbath or Porcupine Tree. But occasionally I'll listen to Camel or King Crimson.

    Leave a comment:


  • gh0st
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    Well, most everything you guys said is good music to me, but I play in a death metal band out here in phx, so that's generally the kind of stuff I listen to.

    As far as guitarists, you guys are all right on the money. I like every single one of them, but I don't think Atreyu's GT is THAT great. I can play most of the stuff he does, but he's good I just wouldn't say AWESOME.

    Buckethead to me is the best guitarist I've heard in years. I love everything he does. Same w/ Claypool, of course he's bass, but him and, oh... Victor Wooten, man, those guys rock!

    Leave a comment:


  • batdoguk
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    I prefer to listen to instrumental stuff (particularly the first Hella album Hold Your Horse Is - check out this vid), so I'm not tempted to try and sing along. Other squad members are lucky I've not got a microphone at the moment :)


    Instrumental: Hella, Don Caballero, Lightning Bolt, Pelican, Dirty Three, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, Do Make Say Think
    Non-instrumental: Polvo, Jawbreaker, Pilot to Gunner, The Vermicious Knid, Silkworm, Shellac, Bardo Pond, June of 44, Slint, Van Der Graaf Generator, Hawkwind, The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy, Big Black, Wire, Half Man Half Biscuit

    As for rap and hip-hop, no thanks - unfortunately they've both ended up as a complete parody...:laugh:

    Leave a comment:


  • Timewarp
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    what about....

    The devil went down to Georgia...

    Leave a comment:


  • Desertfox
    Guest replied
    Re: What music do you like to hear...

    dude black hawk down aka hans zimmer music pwns

    Leave a comment:

Working...