No announcement yet.

The Official Framerate problem thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Framerate problem thread.

Actually, I didn't experience any fps droppage... maybe more net lag but not FPS... the only serious fps drop I experience is when playing EF & AF maps, but that's due to the higher poly count there...

Comment

first i was running with a FX5200, now i have a 6600GT,but with the patches i still can't play on high. (1.02 i can!)

Comment

my fps stays at 100 all the time, there is one wierd bug though.. inside buildings or hangars the fps drops to 60-70 for no reason. fps should go up when inside a building.... really odd!!

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
          my fps stays at 100 all the time, there is one wierd bug though.. inside buildings or hangars the fps drops to 60-70 for no reason. fps should go up when inside a building.... really odd!!
          Too bad not all of us are able to afford a 7900gtx and a high end AMD proc...:hmm:

It is not a bug. The bf2 engine was not built for indoor areas, and it clearly shows ingame.

Comment

The reason FPS drops inside buildings, is due to the fact that Dynamic lights/Shadows are used indoors to give a more 'realistic' indoor feeling - i.e. it goes 'darker' etc. These settings don't really improve the graphic effects outdoors (at least not so I've noticed).

If your having big problems, esp. on the large maps, try turning these settings to low. You can still keep a high resolution and keep A/A, A/F on and get good framerates. It will just look a bit naff indoors.

It's well known that there is a lot going on with the netcode and the way it hammers the servers. I think the ranking system and punkbuster have a lot to do with this.

To be fair to EA/Dice, if you guys love the ranking system and don't want lots of 'hackers', it's going to impact server/net performance. I don't know of another online FPS that does this. I bet if you dropped the ranking system and lost punkbuster, it would run like a dream (maybe)............. just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by TommieToe
              If your having big problems, esp. on the large maps, try turning these settings to low. You can still keep a high resolution and keep A/A, A/F on and get good framerates. It will just look a bit naff indoors.
              Yes, turning the dynamic lighting to low will turn off dynamic shadows (or vice versa?) and will give you a BIG performance plus, although imo it takes away quite a bit of the realistic looks. Unfortunately I have to do it because otherwise some places in EF and AF lag for me :/

Comment

What are you using to monitor your framerates, I am using Fraps.

Why dont we turn this into something more constructive then bad mouthing EA and Dice.
                Make a post stating the following
                Processor type and Speed
                Ram Speed and Amount of Ram
                Video card model

Then list your framerates.

This will allow us to compare notes and if you see someone with a similar system to yours who is getting better framerates then maybe you can compare driver versions and other things.
                Lets help each other out, and make this constructive.

Comment

The only way to tell, is to try it with no patches, and try it on 1.4, with the patch being the ONLY variable.

The thread starter did it that way... therefore on high end computers at least, there is a huge drop.

On my 6600GT 1.5gb system, is there a noticeable difference? No.

Because some high end rigs have huge problems, does it mean everyones do? No.

The real lesson is, don't go out spending 5 grand on a computer because you think it will end your issues with FPS.... it wont.

Comment

I think I am going to give up on this crap game. Now it starts doing the memory leak thing where after 20-30 minutes of gaming it turns into a slide show. Its amazing how the POE2 team can put out a better product than a game corporation.

Comment

I usually only play 16-32 player size maps. My FPS went from a smooth 80-100 FPS in a full 32 player server on 1.3 to 40-60 FPS with many spikes on 1.4. This causes gun sights to come up and down on thier own, difficulty changing weopens, slight teleportation, sprint not working, gun not firing when you hit the trigger, difficulty aiming due to crosshair glitching around, unable to jump.

Also after playing a couple of rounds I went to disconnect, as soon as I hit it, my computer got its first BSOD (blue screen of death). So instead of crash to desktop... its computer FAILURE. Never thought I'd say it... GIVE US BACK THE CRASH TO DESKTOP. LMAO.

I had a bad feeling about this one cause retail BF2 ran glitchy, 1.2 ran great, 1.21 ran glitchy, 1.3 ran the best, and of course, 1.4 runs glitchy.

Specs:
                      Intel P4 630 @ 3.3 Ghz
                      3 GB OCZ Gold DDR2 533 @ 3-3-3-8
                      ATI X800 GT 256 MB
                      ASUS P5LD2-VM
                      DiamondMax 9 200 GB HD

Comment

Man, I can play on 20 and 30 is about normal.... and I own just about anyone in a straight up gun fight.

Perhaps you guys should try getting used to 40-60 FPS.... after 40, its almost impossible to discern higher.

So if it stayed at 40 consistently, that would be sweet. I will try patch 1.02 and see if there really is considerable FPS increase.

If there is, I would hope that some major mod would use an earlier, better running patch.

Comment

i've got a big drop in fps. i dropped 10fps even in the menu i knew something was up when i was only hitting 89-90 fps in the menu. i was playing on a 64 player map and dropping down to 35fps. with 1.3 i was in the 70-90's

amd64 3800
                          asus delux mobo
                          6800 gt 256meg
                          2 gigs of 2-3-3-5

my video setting are
                          med
                          med
                          high
                          med
                          low
                          off
                          med
                          off
                          med

1024/768 100hz

Comment

Well Im gonna do something different here. This might help you.
                            My Frame rates dropped when 1.3 was first installed and I tried about everything then started testing on my own. What I found helped the most was moveing as much of the work load associated with the game away from my CPU. I made the sound Hardware controlled ( by my audigy 2 ZS ). The next thing was to move all of the Video I could to the Hardware (Anti- Aliasing, ...etc. to my 7800 GT OC ). Im not sure what the Frame Rate is but the improvement was very noticeable. I also started turning off all the bacground programs I could (all instant messageing, all printer programs (My HP printer has 3), all automatic update things (no auto update while Im in game), etc.). If you turn off a program you shouldnt and have problems just restart the computer. Make sure however that the program is only turned off and not deleted.
                            These things worked for me and I hope they help someone else. Im only trying to be helpful. Im not saying that there isnt a problem here because there is. Good Luck. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Hijack this+Adaware+antivirus=good

But its EA's fault for this crappy lag, and I highly doubt they wont bother even responding because they are genuinely scum when dealing with people.

Comment

Yeah, I had some really crappy lag - even though FPS looked OK and ping was OK. But after much swearing and tantrums, here's how I solved my problem:-

Installed 1.4
                                Went online - crappy lag...... ( :hmm: )
                                Re-installed Graphics Card driver (actually used latest drivers from Nvidia website).
                                Cleaned BF video cache
                                Played a locally hosted game to optimise local BF2 video cache.
                                Went online and 'hey presto' game now runs smooth. ( )

Hope this helps peeps.

Comment

Working...
                                X