No announcement yet.

The Official Framerate problem thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Framerate problem thread.

Quick question:

Does anyone know why upping your resolution might actually increase your FPS? I've always heard the opposite, but more than one of you here mentioned it. (EDIT: It might have been the other FPS thread that was linked earlier in this thread, but I'm still curious)

Comment

The thing is, other game developers constantly improve their game engines and are (usually) looking for ways to improve performance here and there. Modifications such as netcode improvements and decrease in lag are their top priorities.

Bf2, on the other hand, is the opposite. Each patch since 1.03 has decreased performance, and increased lag and choppiness. Netcode constantly degrades and the game is getting sloppy. We all know that Dice is junking the code so they can get people to switch to 2142 quicker, but it's a pretty sad game engine.

Comment

i think one of the biggest reasons why the performance has dropped is because they have added new features in the game. more weapons and more stuff to the game such as the flying UAV and adjusted mini map, cars being dropped from the sky has added more complexity to the game, so of course it will run slower.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
          i think one of the biggest reasons why the performance has dropped is because they have added new features in the game. more weapons and more stuff to the game such as the flying UAV and adjusted mini map, cars being dropped from the sky has added more complexity to the game, so of course it will run slower.

and Sir. SuperTyphoon...r u still using a FX5200? i thnk u might be experienceing the same problem i had with the shaders that decreased performance alot but after i fixed it my fps rose a bit. But simple question: is your dome in Mastuur city shiny and reflects the sunlight?
          No, only on my vacation computer. At home (i will be there tomorrow) i have a 6800gt. Still, it has nothing to do with hardware. I haven't checked any of those reflections yet...

Comment

I am glad I dont have these issues. New machine 100fps plus no let downs. On my old machine I got fps drops only in the chopper in SF games, nothing else.

Comment

Heres some more, 1024x768 2xAA MOST ON MEDIUM with lighting off!

Specs:
              3200 @ 3800
              1.5GB DDR400
              200GB IDE
              256MB 6800GS @ 485/1100

Fix it already EA.

Comment

Did dice said anything about this for the new 1.4 patch?
                Hope they fix this.

Comment

I PMed the dice guy that comes here and he said they are currently researching on why it happens.

Comment

Moving this to the DICE feedback forum for now then.

Comment

I unistalled nvidia 91.xx drivers and reinstall the 84.xx ones and it improve but in full servers it still go down to 30-40 fps.

It has something to do with the new 91.XX drivers are for the 7950 gx2 and sli systems. This is why the systems with a single card have the sli pop up. The temp go higher and fps drops. But still with the old 84.xx drivers the fps drops from 70 -80 fps to 30-40fps in full maps. Mostly urban city maps with lots of buildings.

Comment

yup when 1.03 came out it forced me to upgrade my videocard because i could not get something better than 20 FPS

now i get about 50 FPS but sometimes it drops to 10... i dont know why

Comment

Originally posted by Dynafrom
                          Yeah I used to have alot of my stuff at HIGH while running smoothly at 60FPS but after 1.2 it completely dropped to 20.
                          I hear ya dude, i used to run everything on high, then as the patches came out ive gone to medium on every setting and can no longer play in 64player servers

I will say this though, whatever they've done for 1.4 beta its definately a slight imporvement, NOTE slight

Comment

Anyone figure out any solutions? Has Dice even given a crap about this thread?

Comment

I found if you get the folder named something like "{D7B71EE2-1A24-11CF-6E6A-6A22A0C2CB35}_2878_1" in the:
                              "My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache"
                              folder from an older more stable version like 1.12, and replace it with the 1.3 one and rename it to the 1.3 one the lag gets reduced alot. Just make sure to not to let it it optimize shaders and it should stay as the 1.12 one. Anyways im pretty sure the lag has something to do with the shader optimization because of this.

Comment

Nope already tried that with every shader set from every patch. Makes absolutely no difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X