No announcement yet.

The Official Framerate problem thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Framerate problem thread.

Well guys. After figuring out the problem with my framerate, I decided to petition Dice to fix this.

Originally posted by Dethred
    This is with 6 people in Mastuur (99fps):

This is with ~16 players in Mashtuur right after the game started(44fps):

This is on Sharqi with 64 players (25fps):

If you want the larger pics I can show those too, but it is nearly impossible to see the FPS number up there because picturetrail.com shrinks everything. My temps never exceed 55*C according to Rivatuner, Bf2 is my default driver setting, with everything on high performance and least image quality.

With the below rig, that can handle every other game without a hiccup, this is F***ING REDICULOUS!
    I posted that in the official Bug thread for 1.4 Beta. I reformatted and installed BF2 with no patches. My Framerate, as shown above, is completely unacceptable, BUT with no patch installed I got 70-100fps on a full 64 player Karkand match. This is 100% absolute proof that Dice has done something to this game to drop the performance by almost 50%. This is with no other hardware or software changes.

Vote in the above poll and give your specs and frame rate before and after the 1.3 and 1.4B patches.

Re: The Official Framerate problem thread.

With every patch since 1.03, the netcode and performance of bf2 has dropped, regardless of netcode "improvements" by Dice. Even if it's only by a little, performance has and most likely will continue to drop with each patch.

The sad part is that Dice is 100% COMPLETELY clueless it happens...

Comment

Helloooooo. On your firts pic there's nothing happening, and your looking at the sky, offcourse you will have a high fps. Is only logical that the more stuff that happens causes the video card to work more, thus decreasing performance. This game has alot of stuff going on.

Comment

bad fps is due to either a bad system or bad drivers/client error

Comment

For some reason, it seems my frame rate starts to drop as my comp's temperature rises. Starting at 35 or 36 degrees celsius I notice lag or chugging or low frame rate or whatever it is.

Comment

I have not really paid much anttention,hmm, maybe I should

Comment

oh boohoo your only getting 25fps, Im lucky to top out at 20:cry:

on a good day....

Comment

I have noticed a frame rate drop, but no just because of 1.3. I noticed the biggest drop just after SF came out and Patch 1.12. Before 1.10 there was much higher frame rates, and I remember we all complained about the performance then :laugh: :laugh: :cry: :cry:

However I am still getting 40 to 70 fps. But if I try and play Iron Laggor then I am in the 20's in the carrier. I avoid that map because of just that.

Some in our clan have real issues with many maps. Operation Harvest, and all SF Night Maps namely. But IMO they need to update their system.

The problem is really we should not have to update our system as more patches are applied. They are like obsolescing our systems with patches.

<conspiracy Theory>
                OK I think ATI and NVIDIA are giving DICE/EA kickbacks to hose the net code
                </conspiracy Theory>

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. SuperTyphoon
                    With every patch since 1.03, the netcode and performance of bf2 has dropped, regardless of netcode "improvements" by Dice. Even if it's only by a little, performance has and most likely will continue to drop with each patch.

The sad part is that Dice is 100% COMPLETELY clueless it happens...
                    Very true :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by papi4baby
                      Helloooooo. On your firts pic there's nothing happening, and your looking at the sky, offcourse you will have a high fps. Is only logical that the more stuff that happens causes the video card to work more, thus decreasing performance. This game has alot of stuff going on.
                      I used to get no lower than 40-50fps in Sharqui, now I get no higher than 40. That first pic wasn't looking at the sky, it was just the top left corner of a level screenshot.

Originally posted by colony
                      bad fps is due to either a bad system or bad drivers/client error
                      I just reformatted with Windows XP Pro, installed chipset drivers, reboot, installed video drivers, reboot, installed BF2, reboot, got excellent performance on v.1.00, installed 1.3, reboot, terrible performance, installed 1.4b, reboot, even worse performance.

I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                        Very true :cry:
                        Finally, someone who realizes the performance drop and is not some oblivious kid who can't tell the difference between 40 and 60 fps.

Comment

I've seen a serious drop since 1.2 (I started playing about a month or so before this patch came out), and my system can handle this engine without breaking a sweat.

Code:
                          Manufacturer: System manufacturer 
                          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-60 Dual Core Processor, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz 
                          Memory: 2048MB RAM (Corsair 3500LL pro)
                          Hard Drive: 74 GB Raptor X2
                          Video Card: Dual NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX in SLI
                          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor 
                          Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [B880] 
                          Speakers/Headphones:  
                          Keyboard: USB Root Hub 
                          Mouse: USB Root Hub 
                          Mouse Surface:  
                          Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
                          I'm also on a solid connection:

Code:
                          Your line speed:

Down - 7058.8 Kbps

Up - 865.1 K bytes/sec
                          Like the original poster noticed, I see massive drops as more and more clients join a server, even if I'm just off semi-AFK in some corner doing nothing.

From previous experience in games like Quake/RTCW/DOOM 3 and so on, this was always related to server-side bandwidth or processing/memory constraints.

In this case though, I can't help but think it's related to the way server/client network protocol has been handled since the 1.2 changes were made.

If you think about it, things such as TOW/AT missiles passing through vehicles, gun shots hitting and making "smoke puffs" but not doing damage and the likes have only gotten worse since 1.2.

Those problems were confirmed to be netcode related (yet still present) and as anyone who plays first person shooters knows, a shoddy net code will undoubtedly almost always result in horrid FPS for clients, regardless of their system specs.

Comment

This is happening since 1.2 but EA/Dice only care of new content in the patch and no bug fixing.

Comment

Oh my god... another thing. I... and apparentely everyone else, has been getting huge ping spikes up to ~360 and random lagginess, that has nothing to do with your computer or ISP.. or router or anything else. It's BF2.

Some days it doesn't happen, other days, it's almost unplayable. It happens at both of my houses, with different computers, and different ISP's.

On top of that, it happens to all of the people i'm on ventrilo with, and also I have asked random people and it happens to them too.

So yeah.. I can't even run FRAPS good anymore. And I was thinking it was my computer. But you are completely right, it is these **** patches causing the problem. They may have fixed CTD, but there are SO many major glitches/bugs/performance drops.... etc out there that need to be fixed it's not even funny.

Here's an example. I used to run EVERYTHING on high, but with AA on X4. I used to get 70-100 fps way back when.

NOW, I run half the stuff on medium, some on low, and geometry and something else on high.. NO AA.

Depending on the map.. like, city maps, I get 30-60 avg, wake I am still high at 70-100, big open maps with alot of things like, kubra, fushe, daqing... etc. I get 20-40... almost unplayable.

Comment

Working...
                              X