• Show
Clear All

• barz26
    Guest replied
    Re: Angry with the M95

Originally posted by [SCOT]PhatHemmer
    lol i know the feeling well... :laugh
    Originally Posted by Rafterman
    ...every time I'm using I swear I end up with a chopper hovering right in front of me and I'm wishing I had the M24...

lol i know the feeling well... :
    Why? The M24 cannot shoot through glass.

Leave a comment:

• Jemme101
    Guest replied

Originally posted by BigRedRat
    Very good discussion of the sniper class.Some good tips and info.Again tho.Your connection speed to the server GREATLY effects your ACUARRACY no matter what rifle your using.50 ping or less and the M95 will out shine them all at range.However,the L96a1 is winning me over the more I use it.I made a headshot at 332 meters with it last night several times.It has more of a drop than the M95 so it was just a matter of adjusting my aim point.
    Bulletdrop is the same for all handheld-weapons in the game. I have seen somebody claim that the M95 has a flatter trajectory over the first 200-250 meters. I cannt say I have experienced the same, but than again I prefer the M24 over all the other weapons and havent used the M95 that much. The L96A1 maybe the same in all aspects but I just love the looks and sound of the M24.

1. M24
    2. L96A1
    3. Type88
    4. SVD
    5. M95

p.s. the distance calculations were perfectly explained by Wolfgang Abenteuer. Either go SL and use the Set Waypoints feature or use the good old measuring tape and ingame map with a nearby flag as reference.

Leave a comment:

• Absurdus
    Guest replied

Originally posted by die2fly
    L96A1 is x2 times better then the M24. It most of the time takes 3 shots to kill sombody with that piece of shiz.

You gotta be joken, the M24 is excelent, if your not getting single shot kills your not aiming right....M24 on Karkand if US and the L96 for everything else....

Leave a comment:

• [SCOT]PhatHemmer
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Rafterman
    ...every time I'm using I swear I end up with a chopper hovering right in front of me and I'm wishing I had the M24...
    lol i know the feeling well... :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• Beerman
    Guest replied

I do fine with the M95, practice.

Leave a comment:

• Horatio_Bloom
    Guest replied

I really hated the M95 for a long time, because for some reason, I couldn't hit anything with it, but nowadays I somehow got used to it and started to get kills with this rifle. The M24 is stil my favourite, after it comes the SVD (it looks and feels awesome, but I only use it on Karakand, because it is worthless in all other maps because of the inferior scope), then the M95 and the Type 88 (its a great rifle, but you don't have chinese urban maps where i could shine). The L96A1 is not on the list for two good reasons, the first is that I didn't buy SF and the second is that, for me, its model does not look right for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyx
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Sgt. York
    umm.. you have close to 16 hrs with the sniper rifle.... is that what you call an experienced sniper?
    Created another account.

Leave a comment:

• Kayback
    Guest replied

My favourite trick is to kill a sniper, then run op to his corpse and seed the area with his own claymores. I'd say about 90% of the time on a public server the guy you just killed runs there to look for you

KBK

Leave a comment:

• BigRedRat
    Guest replied

^^^^Hehe.Good ones.I also like to play peekaboo on urban maps.Let a squad get a glimpse of me on a corner then duck and run back down the alley.I set up the CM,one at each approach point to my position,you know,to catch the flankers"trying to cut me off,before I show myself so the clays are primed.I have taken out entire squads a few times.Some people just can't resist going for an "easy"kill.:laugh:

Leave a comment:

• barz26
    Guest replied

another tip i've found which works well in Sharqi and mashtuur. when the enemy jump from low level walls there's a high chance of a little energy been lost as they land, (you know them ones, too low to deploy parachute in time but too high to not sustain damage) all it takes is one sniper shot any where and it's a one shot kill.

The M95 is good for that one as they tend to be moving and the thicker reticules seem to make it easier to get running body shots.

Another good tip (im not going to tell you them all ) The M95 gives you position away like a beacon so a couple of shots and they've normally spotted you. Use this to your advantage, if you kill someone and there's a possibility of them seeing you, leave a claymore there and run about 50 to a 100 metres away and get into position where you can see where you just were. Most of the time you will get 'You have just killed ??????????' as they run into your claymore but it happens so many times that they come back looking for you and it's satisfying to take them out again, especially when they go prone and try and crawl to your ex-position as it makes it easier for a headshot

I know this isnt a sniper advice thread but i thought a tip to use the excessive noise of the M95 wouldn't hurt

Leave a comment:

• BigRedRat
    Guest replied

Very good discussion of the sniper class.Some good tips and info.Again tho.Your connection speed to the server GREATLY effects your ACUARRACY no matter what rifle your using.50 ping or less and the M95 will out shine them all at range.However,the L96a1 is winning me over the more I use it.I made a headshot at 332 meters with it last night several times.It has more of a drop than the M95 so it was just a matter of adjusting my aim point.I like the quiter sound which makes it harder for the bad guys to locate me if I don't kill them 1st shot.The only bad thing I can say about the sniper class is those childish commanders that like to drop cars on my head.Of course that's no longer a problem sence reading a tip about how to avoid damage from that.Works like a charm.Had 5 buggies dropped on me last night on Kubra and did not lose a single bar of health.Hats off to the poster of that tip.

Leave a comment:

• Kayback
    Guest replied

I also prefer the M24 over the L96A1. I can seem to make better long shot hits with it.

On ranges from, say, Construction Site to TV station on Sharki the M24 hits POA, while the L96A1 doesn't. And this is from the exact same stance, same place, same targets.

Don't get me wrong, I like the L96A1, and it fedinately has it's place, but it isn't in my arsenal. I take the M24 over everything, and now the M95 for long ranged, non USMC sniping.

The SVD for when I'm messing around or sniping complete "noobs". Hell I also take it to humiliate some better known snipers.

KBK

Leave a comment:

• DOGGiE52
    replied

Originally posted by fubars
    I shot a chopper down last night with the M95 got myself two kills, but it came up that I had used a stinger !!!!
    You are really 1337!!!11

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. York
    Guest replied

Originally posted by die2fly
    SVD is great for unloading on someone, funny and awesome too.
    L96A1 is if your skilled for running around and dodging the bullets. Although thats what I do for all sniper rifles, but I am an experienced sniper.
    umm.. you have close to 16 hrs with the sniper rifle.... is that what you call an experienced sniper?
    All your claims of which rifle is more accurate and which does more damage is based off your extensive experience? I think I'll stick with the weapons chart thanks...

As far the M95, it seems(to me) to be very inconsistent. Some days I can't miss with the thing, and others it seems no matter what I do, I can't hit a thing. Probably just me, but I don't have this issue with the other rifles. I prefer the M24.

Leave a comment:

• DOGGiE52
    replied

Yeah, that film is just awesome!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X