• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barz26
    Guest replied
    Re: Angry with the M95

My order;
    1.L96A1 - great sound, doesn't give your position away as much as the M95 and the cross-hairs help with much greater accuracy - One shot body hit takes the enemy to 2 bars, headshot kills 1st shot.
    2. M95 - One shot body hit takes the enemy to 2 bars, headshot kills 1st shot - can shoot through cockpit, heli/car, windows which helps on airfields and NO other sniper rifle can do it.
    3. SVD - 3 shot body kills and 2 shot head kills on full health enemy (however at close ranges it is one shot headshot kills), very good for closer quarter combat, the sights take a bit of getting used too but 10 shot clip
    4. M24 - downgraded version of the L96A1, slower reload time, slightly thicker reticules but a good starter sniper rifle, more accurate than than the SVD and M95
    5. Type-88 - exactly same rifle as the SVD but has different and more accurate scope.

The L96A1 is basically the M95 and M24 combined (M95 reload time and M24 accuracy) and is by far my favourite rifle for sniper class. I do think practise is the key and for those that use the M95 more often they will be better with it as they have put the time in, the same with the M24 or L96A1. I use the L96A1 almost exclusively, so i can pull off shots and kill stats with that more than what i could with the others purely through practice.

check http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons for full specs of weapons

Leave a comment:

• Kayback
    Guest replied

/me beats a dead horse.

Personally I'm an M24 fan. I absolutely LOVE it. Nothign compares. The semi's are nice for urban maps, but I generally play Engineer, much <3 for the pump shotgun.

However I was playing Kubra dam last night, first time in a while, and the Americans were camping on the hill between construction site and the MEC airfield, just above the MEC's artillery, with SRAWS.

SO I fought my way up the hill as Engi, then killed a couple of people, one who was a sniper. Seeded the construction with his claymores and then cleared the hill. Went about 5 kills for 2 deaths, then got SRAWED by someone who had just spawned and came back.

SO I spawned as a sniper with the L96 and tried to pick them off. I COULDN'T HIT JACK at the ranges I was shooting. How the hell do you work out your BDC? anyway got artilleried and spawned again with the M95.

I picked them off one at a time, quite often with one shot, from near the base of the flag, all the way up the hill. I ended the match with something like 27-5. Managed to snatch a bronze off the flyboys.

The M95 is a beast. I've never used it before simply on principal. A .50BMG should "critically wound" anyone it hits, not take them down to 1 bar. But it does shoot much flatter than the L96 I found.

Of course it helped that people were being idiotic and basically spawning and running back to the same place I'd sniped them last time. Eventually ONE guy got a hit on me, but I still managed to hit him before he killed me. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

My old order of weapon preference used to go
    M24
    L96
    SVD
    Chinese sniper
    M95

I've changed that to M24
    M95
    SVD
    L96A1
    Chinese rifle.

KBK

Leave a comment:

• imported_Rafterman
    replied

Gotta go with the L96 - super accurate, great damage, and it sounds the best of any of them.

Of course the down side is that every time I'm using I swear I end up with a chopper hovering right in front of me and I'm wishing I had the M24.

Leave a comment:

• Verzili
    replied

Originally posted by die2fly
    All you have to do is play BF2 and see for yourself. I can't look at the chart anyway. Its a program I dont have or somthing, i'm on someone elses computer too, so.
    take it from me the above poster is not making it up, well reading ur post i must admit i found them funny when u mention a l96 shoting through glass.

fact 1. m24,l96a1 [accuracy veryhigh] [damage high]
    fact 2. m95 [accuracy high] [damage veryhigh]

now thats 1.3 to date

but he something to think about,

fact 3. before 1.2 the m24 had the same accuracy as a 1.3 m95 so u could say that the m95 is very accurate and a 1.3 m24/l96a1 are very very accurate.

im not going to go into the auto as they are assult snipers (close to mid is best,but im sure some can hit distance with them)

fact.4 ONLY a m95 can shoot through glass(yes other high cal. rounds can to like chooper guns ect but im talking sniper rifles here )

i used the m95 from day one of my 1st unlock and only stoped using it after i unlock/bought sf and as i have some experience sniping i prefer to go for a intant kill headshot so my weapon of choice is l96a1 but i find myself going back to m95 now and then for some fun.

i have played over 200hours as sniper and never in my days have i shot a a heli pilot with a l96/m24

the m95 does 180 dmg to veichles,and takes any infantary to 2 bars of heath.thats why is damage rating is the highest in the game when it comes to a hand held weapon.please dont make me add snother stupid sniper coment to my sig,and think about what ur saying thanks

Leave a comment:

• Vinyx
    Guest replied

Originally posted by {Sn][per}Farva
    F bfqh...i'm looking at the stickied weapons chart. The one that has every category identical except reload time. Get all bent out of shape cause you can't use the m24. Its no big deal...if you want to go off of info you just pulled out of your *** then go ahead. Just don't act like the crap you make up is fact.
    All you have to do is play BF2 and see for yourself. I can't look at the chart anyway. Its a program I dont have or somthing, i'm on someone elses computer too, so.

Leave a comment:

• {Sn][per}Farva
    Guest replied

F bfqh...i'm looking at the stickied weapons chart. The one that has every category identical except reload time. Get all bent out of shape cause you can't use the m24. Its no big deal...if you want to go off of info you just pulled out of your *** then go ahead. Just don't act like the crap you make up is fact.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyx
    Guest replied

No its not, its not me. Less accuracy, and less damage. Of course they're gonna have the same damn damnage if you hit'em in the head. lol

Look in BFHQ as well.

Leave a comment:

• {Sn][per}Farva
    Guest replied

then its you...not the gun. the damage is the exact same for both.

Leave a comment:

• Vinyx
    Guest replied

L96A1 is x2 times better then the M24. It most of the time takes 3 shots to kill sombody with that piece of shiz.

Leave a comment:

• {Sn][per}Farva
    Guest replied

I've done it many times. M24 is inaccorate, longer reload, and less viewing distance. L96A1, very accorate, quick reload, longer viewing distance, and nice crosshairs. Sounds sexy too, .

BS! I love how people just pull things out of their asses. Check the weapons chart lately? The m24 and the L96 are IDENTICAL. Well identical as far as everything but reload...the L96 is one second quicker.

Weapons Chart

Leave a comment:

• Vinyx
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Wolfgang Abenteuer
    ...No, you cannot shoot out pilots with the L96, except maybe by some fluke where the bullet misses the collision for the vehicle (in which case ANY gun could do it, even mounted vehicle guns or AKs). The M95 is the only one that can shoot through vehicle glass.

~Wolfgang
    I've done it many times. M24 is inaccorate, longer reload, and less viewing distance. L96A1, very accorate, quick reload, longer viewing distance, and nice crosshairs. Sounds sexy too, .

Leave a comment:

• ROCKETt
    Guest replied

sexy crosshairs ftw!

Leave a comment:

• solofowaffles
    replied

the L96A1 has a faster reload time is quiter and has sexy crosshairs which means easier headshots

Leave a comment:

• WolfAlmighty
    replied

Shutup, stay on topic.
    Now I'm confused - how could I stay on topic if I'm not allowed to speak?

BTW you still haven't answered my question earlier - what makes the M24 the worst sniper rifle and the L96 the best since they're more or less the same thing?

Edit: No, you cannot shoot out pilots with the L96, except maybe by some fluke where the bullet misses the collision for the vehicle (in which case ANY gun could do it, even mounted vehicle guns or AKs). The M95 is the only one that can shoot through vehicle glass.

~Wolfgang

Leave a comment:

• solofowaffles
    replied

wat the heck?u can shoot out pios with the L96A1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X