Angry with the M95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Angry with the M95

I use the M95 quite a bit, though it is anyoning how I never actually know if I hit someone unless they die, or 5 min later I get the assist.

Comment

I'm all about the L986 man. Best sniper rifle there is. If the M95 handled more like that rifle, I would use it.

Comment

Originally posted by -FaKe|Arson
        I'm all about the L986 man. Best sniper rifle there is. If the M95 handled more like that rifle, I would use it.
        A month ago I would've agreed with you, but the armored glass-piercing capabilities are invaluable on Wake, my main map. Besides, the gun just looks badass.

Resurrected, I was never very good with the M16. I could hold my own with it but it wasn't the same as headshots galore with the AK-101.

Comment

I used to hate sniping. Recently I built a new rig, I went from a geforce 6800 to a 1900xtx....

So battlefield is so smooth now. It makes sniping a lot easier. I am getting headshots, constantly on battlefield now. M95 is my favorite rifle, because I prefer the power, and the accuracy that it has. I am always in the top 5 on all the severs that I play on recently, and all I do is snipe.

Its all about watching your own back, and finding people to kill.

The cross-hairs and hit-detection are spot on. Your either:

1. Moving while shooting them.
          2. Not aiming at their body/head
          3. Moving your mouse a little as you push the fire button. (I have seen people do this, but they dont realize it, until I point it out to them).
          4. Expereincing lag.
          5. Have a low-end computer, at a low resolutoion, causing your pixels to not be as pin-point accurate as a person using high resolution. (I use 1680 x 1050).
          6. The person is moving away, before you shoot, or your trying to hit moving targets.

As a begginer sniper, you need to start with targets that dont move. Practice, you will get the hang of it. Dont go busting into a large area. GO find yourself a nice hiding spot, where it is near a flag. Wait for someone to cap it, (cuz they usually lay down, and stay still).

then take your shot. Aim for the head. I like to aim for the top part of their head. LIke their scalp. THats my favorite spot. Ooooohhh, how i love to snipe.

Comment

Snipers are the worst non-teamwork players in the game. I would suggest using a different kit, preferably one that helps your team like medic, support etc.

Comment

@ Tomhead
              Snipers are the worst non-teamwork players in the game. I would suggest using a different kit, preferably one that helps your team like medic, support etc.

Well I beg to differ. Being a sniper I spot and spot and spot, everything I get in my sights I call out to my teammates. And I guarantee you that it has saved them massive killes and gave them tons of killing opportunities! A sniper won't rush in in the front lines, but he'll be lying and waiting there for you to come, spotting targets and taking out the foe behind you're back!

Comment

I shot a chopper down last night with the M95 got myself two kills, but it came up that I had used a stinger !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomhead76

I've lost count of how many times I've watched a guy going in to cap a flag and sit there and take it while I've taken ~3 guys out trying to get him.... Sniper can be very handy if use correctly..........

Comment

Yes, the snipers usually keep some distance from his team. But it doesn't mean he is not doing teamwork.
                    All the classes in the game are useful. The haters are either don't know how to master the class or got owned too much by that class.

Comment

How many times have I given that sneaky bastid of a specops a headshot just before he could detonate the charges that he planted on the tank.
                      And how often have I decimated whole squads trying to cap a flag by killing one after the other.
                      And how often have I saved your sorry butt from this other sniper who was just about to put a big hole in your head...

No, I don't think that the sniper class is useless.
                      It is useless if too many people on a team are playing as snipers though - I agree with this point.

Comment

The M95, for me, is a great rifle. The problem with it, though, is the fact that from one round to the next it can be very finicky. I may get loads of headshots one round and nothing but misses the next. Since my sniping style didn't change between the rounds, I can only assume that it's due to ping fluctuations.

Here's a tip for aspiring snipers: Map another button to fire that is on your keyboard. I noticed that my crosshairs sometimes moved while I was trying to hit targets with my fire button on my mouse. Not so with it on the keyboard.

If there was one thing about the M95 that they should change is that if you headshot a guy, he should not be able to be revived.

Comment

It's not a matter of certiain classes being useless. All classes have their uses, just some classes have more to offer the team then others, specifically those with extra abilities (heal/revive, ammo, repair, etc). He does seem to be going from the bottom of the barrel as far as useful classes though. Flash me an expert medic or anti-tank badge, then we are getting somewhere!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
                            Here's a tip for aspiring snipers: Map another button to fire that is on your keyboard. I noticed that my crosshairs sometimes moved while I was trying to hit targets with my fire button on my mouse. Not so with it on the keyboard.
                            I have heard of this helping more than one person. Use your normal mouse1 for more "twitch" shots, but for the one's where you're prone at long range, it helps keep the x-hairs from moving when you click.

I hadn't used the M95 since 1.03 and started using it again recently while playing SF. Much better then I remember. I also have a new rig that gets me much better FPS at higher resolutions, which I think helps also. I just recently got my first chopper & jet kills with it. That's proof enough for me.

Comment

I forgot who gave us that video on youtube, it's absolute crap. On most of the maps he is singleplayer and on the one where he blows up up the jet he gets a team mate to ram the jet. If you pause and zoom in on the kill messages there are none with the M95, only "someone is no more" messages.

If I'm in an urban environment I choose either the SVD or the L96A1, except for SF, where I choose the M95 over the M24 and either the SVD or M95 depending on the situation. Sometimes I like the feel of the SVD where I don't have to reload, but then after a while the M95 will just come up to me and shout "USE ME I'M BETTER THAN THAT LITTLE SEMI AUTO DUDE" and I just get one shot into the body then a pistol shot, and there you go.

Comment

m95 is good at shooting out chopper and jet pilots. its nice to see the bewildered look they have when they get shot out.

Comment

Working...
                                X