Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Angry with the M95

Originally posted by die2fly
    All you have to do is play BF2 and see for yourself. I can't look at the chart anyway. Its a program I dont have or somthing, i'm on someone elses computer too, so.
    take it from me the above poster is not making it up, well reading ur post i must admit i found them funny when u mention a l96 shoting through glass.

fact 1. m24,l96a1 [accuracy veryhigh] [damage high]
    fact 2. m95 [accuracy high] [damage veryhigh]

now thats 1.3 to date

but he something to think about,

fact 3. before 1.2 the m24 had the same accuracy as a 1.3 m95 so u could say that the m95 is very accurate and a 1.3 m24/l96a1 are very very accurate.

im not going to go into the auto as they are assult snipers (close to mid is best,but im sure some can hit distance with them)

fact.4 ONLY a m95 can shoot through glass(yes other high cal. rounds can to like chooper guns ect but im talking sniper rifles here )

i used the m95 from day one of my 1st unlock and only stoped using it after i unlock/bought sf and as i have some experience sniping i prefer to go for a intant kill headshot so my weapon of choice is l96a1 but i find myself going back to m95 now and then for some fun.

i have played over 200hours as sniper and never in my days have i shot a a heli pilot with a l96/m24

the m95 does 180 dmg to veichles,and takes any infantary to 2 bars of heath.thats why is damage rating is the highest in the game when it comes to a hand held weapon.please dont make me add snother stupid sniper coment to my sig,and think about what ur saying thanks

Comment

Gotta go with the L96 - super accurate, great damage, and it sounds the best of any of them.

Of course the down side is that every time I'm using I swear I end up with a chopper hovering right in front of me and I'm wishing I had the M24.

Comment

/me beats a dead horse.

Personally I'm an M24 fan. I absolutely LOVE it. Nothign compares. The semi's are nice for urban maps, but I generally play Engineer, much <3 for the pump shotgun.

However I was playing Kubra dam last night, first time in a while, and the Americans were camping on the hill between construction site and the MEC airfield, just above the MEC's artillery, with SRAWS.

SO I fought my way up the hill as Engi, then killed a couple of people, one who was a sniper. Seeded the construction with his claymores and then cleared the hill. Went about 5 kills for 2 deaths, then got SRAWED by someone who had just spawned and came back.

SO I spawned as a sniper with the L96 and tried to pick them off. I COULDN'T HIT JACK at the ranges I was shooting. How the hell do you work out your BDC? anyway got artilleried and spawned again with the M95.

I picked them off one at a time, quite often with one shot, from near the base of the flag, all the way up the hill. I ended the match with something like 27-5. Managed to snatch a bronze off the flyboys.

The M95 is a beast. I've never used it before simply on principal. A .50BMG should "critically wound" anyone it hits, not take them down to 1 bar. But it does shoot much flatter than the L96 I found.

Of course it helped that people were being idiotic and basically spawning and running back to the same place I'd sniped them last time. Eventually ONE guy got a hit on me, but I still managed to hit him before he killed me. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

My old order of weapon preference used to go
        M24
        L96
        SVD
        Chinese sniper
        M95

I've changed that to M24
        M95
        SVD
        L96A1
        Chinese rifle.

KBK

Comment

My order;
          1.L96A1 - great sound, doesn't give your position away as much as the M95 and the cross-hairs help with much greater accuracy - One shot body hit takes the enemy to 2 bars, headshot kills 1st shot.
          2. M95 - One shot body hit takes the enemy to 2 bars, headshot kills 1st shot - can shoot through cockpit, heli/car, windows which helps on airfields and NO other sniper rifle can do it.
          3. SVD - 3 shot body kills and 2 shot head kills on full health enemy (however at close ranges it is one shot headshot kills), very good for closer quarter combat, the sights take a bit of getting used too but 10 shot clip
          4. M24 - downgraded version of the L96A1, slower reload time, slightly thicker reticules but a good starter sniper rifle, more accurate than than the SVD and M95
          5. Type-88 - exactly same rifle as the SVD but has different and more accurate scope.

The L96A1 is basically the M95 and M24 combined (M95 reload time and M24 accuracy) and is by far my favourite rifle for sniper class. I do think practise is the key and for those that use the M95 more often they will be better with it as they have put the time in, the same with the M24 or L96A1. I use the L96A1 almost exclusively, so i can pull off shots and kill stats with that more than what i could with the others purely through practice.

check http://wiki.bf2s.com/weapons for full specs of weapons

Comment

Yeah, that film is just awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by die2fly
              SVD is great for unloading on someone, funny and awesome too.
              L96A1 is if your skilled for running around and dodging the bullets. Although thats what I do for all sniper rifles, but I am an experienced sniper.
              umm.. you have close to 16 hrs with the sniper rifle.... is that what you call an experienced sniper?
              All your claims of which rifle is more accurate and which does more damage is based off your extensive experience? I think I'll stick with the weapons chart thanks...

As far the M95, it seems(to me) to be very inconsistent. Some days I can't miss with the thing, and others it seems no matter what I do, I can't hit a thing. Probably just me, but I don't have this issue with the other rifles. I prefer the M24.

Comment

Originally posted by fubars
                I shot a chopper down last night with the M95 got myself two kills, but it came up that I had used a stinger !!!!
                You are really 1337!!!11

Comment

I also prefer the M24 over the L96A1. I can seem to make better long shot hits with it.

On ranges from, say, Construction Site to TV station on Sharki the M24 hits POA, while the L96A1 doesn't. And this is from the exact same stance, same place, same targets.

Don't get me wrong, I like the L96A1, and it fedinately has it's place, but it isn't in my arsenal. I take the M24 over everything, and now the M95 for long ranged, non USMC sniping.

The SVD for when I'm messing around or sniping complete "noobs". Hell I also take it to humiliate some better known snipers.

KBK

Comment

Very good discussion of the sniper class.Some good tips and info.Again tho.Your connection speed to the server GREATLY effects your ACUARRACY no matter what rifle your using.50 ping or less and the M95 will out shine them all at range.However,the L96a1 is winning me over the more I use it.I made a headshot at 332 meters with it last night several times.It has more of a drop than the M95 so it was just a matter of adjusting my aim point.I like the quiter sound which makes it harder for the bad guys to locate me if I don't kill them 1st shot.The only bad thing I can say about the sniper class is those childish commanders that like to drop cars on my head.Of course that's no longer a problem sence reading a tip about how to avoid damage from that.Works like a charm.Had 5 buggies dropped on me last night on Kubra and did not lose a single bar of health.Hats off to the poster of that tip.

Comment

another tip i've found which works well in Sharqi and mashtuur. when the enemy jump from low level walls there's a high chance of a little energy been lost as they land, (you know them ones, too low to deploy parachute in time but too high to not sustain damage) all it takes is one sniper shot any where and it's a one shot kill.

The M95 is good for that one as they tend to be moving and the thicker reticules seem to make it easier to get running body shots.

Another good tip (im not going to tell you them all ) The M95 gives you position away like a beacon so a couple of shots and they've normally spotted you. Use this to your advantage, if you kill someone and there's a possibility of them seeing you, leave a claymore there and run about 50 to a 100 metres away and get into position where you can see where you just were. Most of the time you will get 'You have just killed ??????????' as they run into your claymore but it happens so many times that they come back looking for you and it's satisfying to take them out again, especially when they go prone and try and crawl to your ex-position as it makes it easier for a headshot

I know this isnt a sniper advice thread but i thought a tip to use the excessive noise of the M95 wouldn't hurt

Comment

^^^^Hehe.Good ones.I also like to play peekaboo on urban maps.Let a squad get a glimpse of me on a corner then duck and run back down the alley.I set up the CM,one at each approach point to my position,you know,to catch the flankers"trying to cut me off,before I show myself so the clays are primed.I have taken out entire squads a few times.Some people just can't resist going for an "easy"kill.:laugh:

Comment

My favourite trick is to kill a sniper, then run op to his corpse and seed the area with his own claymores. I'd say about 90% of the time on a public server the guy you just killed runs there to look for you

KBK

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. York
                            umm.. you have close to 16 hrs with the sniper rifle.... is that what you call an experienced sniper?
                            Created another account.

Comment

I really hated the M95 for a long time, because for some reason, I couldn't hit anything with it, but nowadays I somehow got used to it and started to get kills with this rifle. The M24 is stil my favourite, after it comes the SVD (it looks and feels awesome, but I only use it on Karakand, because it is worthless in all other maps because of the inferior scope), then the M95 and the Type 88 (its a great rifle, but you don't have chinese urban maps where i could shine). The L96A1 is not on the list for two good reasons, the first is that I didn't buy SF and the second is that, for me, its model does not look right for some reason.

Comment

I do fine with the M95, practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X