X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =IMO=THJones
    Guest replied
    Re: Lighting setting: LOW, a cheat!?

Those who turn their setts down to make renders disapear are ****ers of the highest order. I feel sorry for someone trying to play the game with a low end pc and can't see the great graphics of the game...but someone who purposefully turns them down.... If I ever encounter someone shootin me thru bushses they will get a ban for sure cause I am sick and tired of the cheaters glitchers hackers ...get a life you mindless twats.

Leave a comment:

• Mekstizzle
    Guest replied

The settings that give you a proper advantage if high are:

Geometry - See things further, important for planes etc..
    View Distance - Duh
    Effects - Plane contrails only appear on medium, not low
    Dynamic Lighting - Muzzle flash from weapon, especially from the PKM, wow that weapon is like a 400W Light Bulb

Dynamic shadows can only be set if lighting is set to medium, i think this came around in 1.3 or something

My system is no where near able to run BF2 on nice settings, so i set the settings to give maximum clarity and stuff over eye candy. The above ones got priority. If i had a super system i'd probably play it all on high, BF2 really looks nice on all high.

Leave a comment:

• Rock_FU
    Guest replied

Originally posted by loofahS
    also if your terrain is set on medium/high rather than low, it can be to your disadvantage.

i had a **** pc a while ago, played bf2 on low everything, but spotting prone players was simple as there was no grass in my view! Killing spipers was the best!! (ps: dont u think knifing prone snipers is the best/most satisfying kill?i love it)

Now that i play everything on high, i'm kinda getting a taste of my own medicine with players playing on low graphics. But i love my high graphics so dont prone in grass anymore
    DICE messed up on this one, most other games make the higher settings the advantage, instead BF2 is the exact opposite. Its ok if thats all you can run, but there are morons who actually can run all high but run low settings to gain this advantage.

If you are one of those 'morons' dont reply. You make me sick.

Leave a comment:

• loofahS
    Guest replied

also if your terrain is set on medium/high rather than low, it can be to your disadvantage.

i had a **** pc a while ago, played bf2 on low everything, but spotting prone players was simple as there was no grass in my view! Killing spipers was the best!! (ps: dont u think knifing prone snipers is the best/most satisfying kill?i love it)

Now that i play everything on high, i'm kinda getting a taste of my own medicine with players playing on low graphics. But i love my high graphics so dont prone in grass anymore

Leave a comment:

• Rock_FU
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [STO] Killer Dragon
    This is why if your in a clan, you set your settings to specific ones, depending on what you do. I have all my settings on low eccept 2. Im not saying which ones. I have a 4800X2 2 gigs of ramm and a x1900xt. I can max the settings out to but i play with low.
    wow, nice waste of an x1900xt! I have the same card and I get at LEAST 60 fps with all settings high 4xAA 8XAF 1440x900

I can understand trying to get a bit of an advantage over others but wow...just wow.

DICE really needs to fix the advantage they gave to low settings, that way this nerd can actually play the game the way it was meant to be played.:laugh:

Leave a comment:

• solofowaffles
    replied

i ahve no choice bu to run low,5500 fx

Leave a comment:

• idebo
    Guest replied

I play everything on low. Sue me.

Leave a comment:

• ActiveMatx
    Guest replied

I would never run that setting.

You rarely run into situations/rooms like that. And it doesnt take me too long to find the person. THat looks like crap, and part of the reason I like battlefield so much is because it is one of the nicest looking shooters out there (mass online play).

TO each his own though. If someone was using that ag ainst me, i wouldnt have any gripes at all.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Loco_Bandito
    Guest replied

My mate plays it like that and he owns all the time, tells me to change it but i dont wana. I like it maxed out.

Leave a comment:

• Dearmad
    Guest replied

Clans... bring out the best in people.

Leave a comment:

• DeVilish
    Guest replied

like the guy said, if your in a clan you need your settings to be to your advantige, i have all my setting on high but lighting on low so i can see everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• =MLK=stallzer
    Guest replied

It's a cheat, anytime someone kills you...they're cheating.

Leave a comment:

• disfigured
    replied

I play all high but bring my Gamma up a little to compensate for some of the darkest areas.

If/when I joing a BF2 clan, for competitive reasons, if I felt it gave me an edge I'd tone down the lighting effects, but just for matches. It does look rather harsh, for casual playing.

BF2 is actually one of the first games I've played where the graphics were good enough to be a fairly large part of the immersion process. It simply looks "real" on higher settings. I'm still a gamplay over grahpics person, but if both contribute to better game play it's nice to have it that way.

Leave a comment:

• Jedi_Joe
    Guest replied

on the right is your camo blue?

Leave a comment:

• Iwantcable
    replied

This is kinda like what happens to me on CoD 2. If I play on my laptop with settings all the way down, farther bushes/grass doesn't render until you ADS. I get "OMG HACKER SEE THRU BUSHES!!1!!1111" alot .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X