• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• |]S[|Sonic
    Guest replied
    Re: Lighting setting: LOW, a cheat!?

Originally posted by jsr
    Anyone who is serious about playing just about any first person shooter runs a garbage (visual quality) config.

It's been that way since day one in just about every title released.
    Then why do some of these people have such awesome setups? Please I'll trade you a computer that MAKES you run on Low settings for your awesome computer.

Leave a comment:

• imported_jsr
    Guest replied

Anyone who is serious about playing just about any first person shooter runs a garbage (visual quality) config.

It's been that way since day one in just about every title released.

Leave a comment:

• solofowaffles
    replied

hey ill take the high graphics even if it does suposedly have less advateges

Leave a comment:

• |]S[|Sonic
    Guest replied

Meh, I think I'll take a few extra deaths on my record if it means my eyes don't have to be corroded by the ugliness that is low graphics any day of the week.

Leave a comment:

• l.l.j.w
    Guest replied

I remember when I used to play CSS i had a really crappy vid card so my Counter Terrorists were light Blue(it rocked) I got a better vid card for BF2 though.

Leave a comment:

• Dearmad
    Guest replied

1 post... serious troll bait. N1 though.

Leave a comment:

• the.judas
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Dearmad
    I didn't seriously mean it was a cheat, I was being facetious. But it did point out to me how unequal the environment can be even within the confines of basic gameplay settings.

Oh one other thing is. This setting will have MINIMAL impact on the speed of anyone's gameplay even the lowest end supported cards. It adds something like 100k to 200k or so the memory usage of the video card. Translation: It didn't even need to exist. If you have less than 64MB on your card, go play Pong.
    why would i want to play in the pitch black? i use the low light settings plus i use power strip to crank the gamma up even more. :thatsbad:

Leave a comment:

• =IMO=THJones
    Guest replied

Originally posted by DeVilish
    haha, have me a 1v1 anytime.
    I am easy to find just put =IMO= in your browser....

Leave a comment:

• DeVilish
    Guest replied

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
    lol you sound like you couldnt fight ur way out of a paper douche bag if you need your settings to gain advantage a$$wipe...

haha, have me a 1v1 anytime.

Leave a comment:

• =IMO=THJones
    Guest replied

Originally posted by DeVilish
    Lmfao? turning shadows to low is'nt cheating, so you've just said what?

" if you and i meet in a firefight an i dont see you intime, and you pwn me i'll ban you "

how old are you?
    lol you sound like you couldnt fight ur way out of a paper douche bag if you need your settings to gain advantage a$$wipe...

Leave a comment:

• [2bit]Modmaven
    Guest replied

With my main rig, I play a mix of medium's and highs on 1280x1024. I just got a new laptop (XPS M1210) with the Go7400,a nd it can only play mostly lows (inlcuding shadows, lighting). OH MY!! It looks like total CRAP. Give me shadows and lights anyday. We are not playing in the early 90's!!

Leave a comment:

• Chevy-SS
    replied

Originally posted by Slugfly
    ....... when the settings are on low do you get the adrenalin rush, the anxiety, the pumping heart?
    Yeah, you get all those feelings, then you kill the other guy 'cause he can't see you, LOL..........

-

Leave a comment:

• Slugfly
    Guest replied

If you play with easy to spot lighting (left) all the time, and another person plays with maxed settings and therefore harder to spot in dimly lit areas, then when you get somewhere where there is decent lighting you'll get torn up. The other person is training himself in unfriendly conditions and therefore when the conditions are friendly he's a crack shot. You on the other hand would be training in constantly friendly conditions, so there would never be "easier" lighting where you can just coast for a bit.

edit: and another thought... with settings on low perhaps you can see better... but does it feel better? I don't mean ethics or anything silly like that, I when the settings are on low do you get the adrenalin rush, the anxiety, the pumping heart?

Leave a comment:

• Holle
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Dearmad
    Stats... bring out the best in people.
    Fixed that for you. Battlefield series was much better without the online stats.

Leave a comment:

• DeVilish
    Guest replied

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
    Those who turn their setts down to make renders disapear are ****ers of the highest order. I feel sorry for someone trying to play the game with a low end pc and can't see the great graphics of the game...but someone who purposefully turns them down.... If I ever encounter someone shootin me thru bushses they will get a ban for sure cause I am sick and tired of the cheaters glitchers hackers ...get a life you mindless twats.
    Lmfao? turning shadows to low is'nt cheating, so you've just said what?

" if you and i meet in a firefight an i dont see you intime, and you pwn me i'll ban you "

how old are you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X