• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy-SS
    replied
    Re: Lighting setting: LOW, a cheat!?

Originally posted by parish
    You put a big target on your back the second you referred to yourself as “leet”

There are two major classes of BF2 player. There is the "easy way" type and the "playing for the fight" type..............

This is just one man’s perspective and I am sure it won’t be liked.
    OK, OK, so you're one of the all-time greatest gamers in the known universe. But you get down on someone for playing KP server, and you got 317 points in one game? How? I been playing almost since game came out and I never saw anyone get that many points in a game. I don't do the KP thing though.......

-

Leave a comment:

• parish
    Guest replied

I would not spend $600 on a video card to run a game on low settings. What a complete joke. If you need to lower your settings to do well, then go play on your SNES system and leave the grown up games to the grown ups. There are some people out there that bought this game under the premise they could immerse themselves in the environment, not just so they could play a variety Quake.

I will take my reaction time, the sound of your footsteps and my knowledge of the environment over your DOOM-like view of the game and beat you stupid any day.

Leave a comment:

• BIFF EXPLODER
    replied

take advantage of the faults in the graphics engine to have an advantage over other players?

thanks but no, even with an old 9600XT, i'm better then that.

Leave a comment:

• [77th]Balas
    Guest replied

damn, i never knew that that building was set to be that dark. for me its somewhere a little shadyer than the left picture but much lighter than the right.

Leave a comment:

• parish
    Guest replied

Originally posted by [STO] Killer Dragon
    Nerd, ok, Just becuse i have leet skills and 165K points and i play 24/7 doesnt mean im a neard. Well the 24/7 would make it true but who really playes this game 24/7. I only have 700HRs played compaired to the 2000+ hrs some other people have. :P
    You put a big target on your back the second you referred to yourself as “leet”

IMHO
    400 hours on Karkand by no means makes you "leet" on any level. Your score can be explained by the amount of time you spend raping uncaps in choppers on Sharqi and camping spawn points in a tank on Karkand. For the record, those are not unfounded accusations as I have seen you play. Also make note that a high GS does not make anyone "leet". It's how you got the numbers, not the numbers themselves that makes or breaks what others think of you.

Out of 928 hours, you have spent almost half on one map. Can you say Karkand anyone? We have all seen it a hundred times. Players get diluted into thinking that on such a small spammy map that they can be really good at the game on the whole. I am sorry to say that it does not work that way. You need to be balanced enough to play on ANY map and do well. That is the definition of skill. Does not matter what kit you use or what you do while in the game. If you can hang on all the maps, you have achieved something. If you get your butt kicked on every map but one, you have nothing to brag about.

There are two major classes of BF2 player. There is the "easy way" type and the "playing for the fight" type. The "easy way" player will pick a map such as Karkand, spam medic bags while driving a tank and play on KP servers that run that map 24/7. The "playing for the fight" types play all the maps and all the classes as they want to experience the game in fully. As meaningless as stats are in the large picture, they can tell you what type of player someone is.

This is just one man’s perspective and I am sure it won’t be liked.

Leave a comment:

• Talus
    replied

I'd rather own my enemy's *** with my graphics on high, thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• ConscriptVirus
    replied

high settings also has their advantages....

geometry-> able to detect enemies further
    view distance...self explanatory
    shadows...detect any helis flying over head sooner
    effects...see where that grenade laucnher was launching from (medium + shows a smoke trail from the m203)
    higher system = more fps

Leave a comment:

• mac173
    Guest replied

Several times people have mentioned gamma settings in the game. I am having a problem not with rooms, but anywhere there is shadow. I cannot see at all, totally black in just about any shadow. Standing next to a building in its shadow, and the wall right in front of my nose is invisible, pitch black.

HOW do I set the gamma? In the Video settings there is no slider for gamma, or brightness. I really don't want to reset the vid card, as this setting will not work for everything.

I have a Geforce 7800 GS, and can run everything at max, and really don't want to turn settings down to play the game.

Leave a comment:

• -=TS=-stuntridah
    Guest replied

I like to play Sharqi, and I got sick of getting killed from the constuction complex across from the flag at constuction site. I would just see a muzzle flash at the last min. I built a PC to play BF2 at max everything. It has incredible graphics on high-everything. But now I lower lighing all the way down and keep everything eles on high. Still looks good and i'm use to it now, not bad. Is it really true I can see further with geometry on high????? I know view distance isn't the only thing that makes you see far, but I never knew what eles did it????????

Leave a comment:

• [STO] Killer Dragon
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Rock_FU
    wow, nice waste of an x1900xt! I have the same card and I get at LEAST 60 fps with all settings high 4xAA 8XAF 1440x900

I can understand trying to get a bit of an advantage over others but wow...just wow.

DICE really needs to fix the advantage they gave to low settings, that way this nerd can actually play the game the way it was meant to be played.:laugh:
    Nerd, ok, Just becuse i have leet skills and 165K points and i play 24/7 doesnt mean im a neard. Well the 24/7 would make it true but who really playes this game 24/7. I only have 700HRs played compaired to the 2000+ hrs some other people have. :P

Leave a comment:

• N2K
    Guest replied

Thanks to all those years of close combat SWAT3 I dont mind a low light room...and all those years playing with crappy cards, I rather have all high then to be a lame and have something to my advantage. Thats what people do with glitches, they use it to thier advantages.

Leave a comment:

• BOBSONATOR025
    Guest replied

Zomg HAXX!!!111

Lol, its fine.

Leave a comment:

• Black_05_TL_6sd
    Guest replied

How is it poor quality when shading is turn to low. If all your other settings are up, you still have full quality, just no shadows!! Duh!! The quality of the picture is still the same.

I run Med/High settings on almost everything, the game runs smooth and I have no issues with it. My shader is on, but have no problem with someone else not using it. If the want to sit in a dark room that is fine, I nade those rooms before I go in anyway!! The go kaboom, I walk in, no one there!! Easy!! What bugs me are the people that complain that you are the first one in the game because your settings are on low and theres are on high!!! BS. Get over it, your rig is just slower, buying the correct ram, HD and MOBO makes all the difference in the world.

Quick question? How many people here know what CAS and RAS are. Once you understand what these are, you will understand why one computer can be faster at loading.

Jason

Leave a comment:

• imported_jsr
    Guest replied

Originally posted by |]S[|Sonic
    Then why do some of these people have such awesome setups? Please I'll trade you a computer that MAKES you run on Low settings for your awesome computer.
    Eye candy is for single player games (which I do play).

I'm not going to run F.E.A.R single player with a garbage visual quality because it would detract from the atmosphere.

But for online games, the shadows, flares, particle effects and so on are just annoying so I turn them off.

Leave a comment:

• solofowaffles
    replied

yes12exactly ill take that nvidia 7600 or watever u got for my 5500 u people who complain about settings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X