No announcement yet.

Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Infantry only mode, worst idea ever.

Hi Guys <-- has me saying this gotten old yet?
    Really I am stoked to see this much debate since this is exactly the point. Many of the things being discussed are parallel to what we have talked about internally so please keep it rolling.

I would ask though that people give it a shot with the current tuning and provide point referenced detail on what is good and what isnt so good. The designers in Canada are really eager to see what peoples thoughts are.

Oh and on the "no DICE players above first seargant". The very sad fact of development is our accounts get wiped out regularly because we use our chosen player handles in both testing and normal live play. I am not saying we are god-like super players, but we can usually hold our own.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidh
      So, why don't you... hmm let me see, go play an infantry only game instead? Atleast that takes some skills, right?

because um well...um...i also...um..use.um...the vehicles never once said i did'nt, and the strike at karkand im not botherd because i take tanks with C4 and i get a high score on there, but when you have 1 base left and theres a tank spawn raping you it gets a bit annoying, because at least if its infantry you have a chance at blowing there heads off before they get the job done, but tanks its like shootin BB guns at a frieght train.

you need jets tanks choppers at maps such as wake island but karkand is to small and theres no need for armour, ok jeeps but armour a no go.

Comment

yhe canadians have never done anything right.

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC
          Hi Guys <-- has me saying this gotten old yet?
          Really I am stoked to see this much debate since this is exactly the point. Many of the things being discussed are parallel to what we have talked about internally so please keep it rolling.

I would ask though that people give it a shot with the current tuning and provide point referenced detail on what is good and what isnt so good. The designers in Canada are really eager to see what peoples thoughts are.

Oh and on the "no DICE players above first seargant". The very sad fact of development is our accounts get wiped out regularly because we use our chosen player handles in both testing and normal live play. I am not saying we are god-like super players, but we can usually hold our own.
          I have a question.

Did you guys do anything to the J-10/F-35B?

In a normal EA UK server (of which I get 120+ ping..) The air-to-air is unchanged between the two jets. But when I went on hamachi with someone else, he was hosting, the A2A acted like 1.2.. and all missles landed regardless of the jet you were in.

Does that have anything to do with it.. or..?

Comment

Originally posted by BloodHound
            because um well...um...i also...um..use.um...the vehicles never once said i did'nt, and the strike at karkand im not botherd because i take tanks with C4 and i get a high score on there, but when you have 1 base left and theres a tank spawn raping you it gets a bit annoying, because at least if its infantry you ahve a chance at blowing there heads off before they get te job done, but tanks its like shootin BB guns at a frieght train.
            If you get stuck at one flag then blame your team for not defending.

Just the other night we got stuck at our airfield and everyone grabbed the clost armor to them as Eng and everyone else spawn as AT. The armor distracted the jets so the Mig was able to take off and kill the F35s. Soon after we had all the flags and won the round.

It's all about teamwork, stop nerfing the game for teamwork less squads.

Comment

Originally posted by baroque
              yhe canadians have never done anything right.
              duno bout that, Canadians are well bizarre .., just let em stay in canada and do their thing its what they good at, besides they seem to like it there LOL

Comment

Though I dont like the whole concept of the infantry only game mode, there are some obvious things that should be changed in my opinion.

-Too much health for soldiers
                -Not much use for most of the kits (This is a medic's dream game mode)
                -Keep boats (needed for maps with carrier bases)

Comment

Since the cry babies are probably going to win with this IO POS

Make everything more deadly, don't turn it to Babyfield, so the babies don't cry when they bump thier heads on corners.

make spawn times 30sec so teamwork is used and not to run around and kill as many as you can before they drop you.

Have you loss certain number of bars after being healed. Like IE: If you get blown up by a C4 and a medic revies you, you loose 5 bars, that even medic bags can't heal, then only can come back when you respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                    WtH is your problem?

Comment

I really dont understand why people have a problem with IO.

I can play in Tanks and Helis and somtimes in Jets. The problem is the fact that these vechiles can completly dominate the entire map. If the drivers or pilots have played the map before then Heli and Jet pilots will know where the AA points are, and tank drivers know the popular places for AT's and TOW's. See some people get sick of been bombed and exploded to hell, some people enjoy it, god knows why. Thats why I will be playing IO, and I hope it is unranked because it will get rid of the tards who spam claymours.

Oh and EA/Dice please reduce the amount of Nades for all kits, give everyone two. Then hopefully we can get rid of the crappy nade fests we see on maps, where people are after cheap kills

Comment

New Gameplay mode for 1.4:

Throw hugs and kisses at eachother until one side gives up! Map is filled with pink soft fluffy bunnies, and there are no big mean metal guns that can hurt you! Finally! Don't forget the new fully functioning rainbow train!

....rofl

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill

Make everything more deadly, don't turn it to Babyfield, so the babies don't cry when they bump thier heads on corners.

make spawn times 30sec so teamwork is used and not to run around and kill as many as you can before they drop you.

Have you loss certain number of bars after being healed. Like IE: If you get blown up by a C4 and a medic revies you, you loose 5 bars, that even medic bags can't heal, then only can come back when you respawn.
                          why make things complicated - keep it simple stoopid
                          leave the core combat alone
                          complexity means more problems
                          K.I.S.S.

Comment

I'd like to see the light vehicles remain in IO mode - e.g. HMMV, buggies, boats, etc, otherwise it's going to be a lot of boring running around on some maps..

Also, reduce Hp to normal BF2 levels.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                              why make things complicated - keep it simple stoopid
                              leave the core combat alone
                              complexity means more problems
                              K.I.S.S.
                              Thats what I wan't but people are afraid to get a "boo boo" on the battlfield.

Comment

I see a lot of people complaining that it will IO will be full of stat padders and such, wouldn't the simple solution be that it can onl be run on un-ranked servers.

Oh.... and take HP back to what it was.....thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X