Why so many losers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why so many losers?

Yup. When all is lost I'm a big fan if suicide bombings and enemy commander hunting/assassinating. Planting C4 on vehicles just to wait for someone to get in and take off and THEN blow them up is good fun too.

Comment

I'm playing Spec ops most of the time aswell, because that's the best class to be when playing solo.. Destroying commander toys in the enemy base is a good fun option if the other team is totally dominating.. Usually the enemy base is pretty much empty when that happens, so you have all the time to play arround with your C4..

It becomes even more fun when the enemy commander drops supplies to fix his toys.. Because that gives you the chance to resupply C4 aswell, and blow all his stuff up again.. It's also good as a team-effort, because the enemy commander is more focused on you and reparing his stuff then helping his own team..

When I play with friends in a squad, it's different though, then we usually go for flags..

Comment

Originally posted by inflatable
        I'm playing Spec ops most of the time aswell, because that's the best class...
        I agree

But yeah, it may not really pay off in points (I think taking out commander assets should be 2 pts each but oh well) but it pays off in fun and does distract the commander. Just remember: the enemy commander is probably somewhere in the area when you're in the enemy base blowing crap up, he's just too lazy, distracted, or scared to exit commander mode and just shoot you. Assassinate him!

Comment

Originally posted by lightningmaster
          WOW, the BF2 head sheep shows himself. Like a log floating down stream just going with the flow. You are entitled to your opinion O mighty sheep...BAAAAH! Everybody else is an AZZHOLE!

That is what sheep do...point the finger at everyone else as they float down stream and take no responsibility or bother to look in the mirror.

Dude, get with the program! I hope you don't pass the sheep mentality down to your kids! :laugh:

Parish... This is a great post and we need to remember that some just won't ever get it!

Lightningmaster

www.newyorkwebwarriors.com
          Oh, damn I've forgot this post totally. Funny, I thought it was burried, but my my, there is a lot of discussion added. Finally there is a reply from the other part, I actually was a little puzzled why was the other winner didn't make any substitution...busy at winning someone????

Ok, Parish made the winning idea pretty clear within our discussion, your original post was pretty much repeating what Parish said. I gave u a little flick and you decided to shoot back. Hmmm... It would have been intresting when the heat was on...

I could start this again but there is no point. Lightningmaster please read posts carefully, think my words, compare what I said and what you said. Then if you found any wisdom included in your words, please enlight me what is YOUR point.

Is it the sheep thing? I've been told that there are fellows who are addicted to sheeps and they are "jackhammering" those poor animals in "the heat of the night" yelling "I'm the WOLF, I'm the WOLF, I own YA! ALL ya SHEEPs GONNA SUFFER" Are you one?

This is old news and it made me waste my time again. If you can't find a clue don't bother to reply. I'll just end up using this good old phrase:

Have a cookie and f*ck off

Comment

Personally I like to win yeah. It has brought me much wisdom in conquest. Many people would say, man that conquest is always the same. All about taking flags. Well this is were I have a different view. I see many just go rushing to flags and believe me this is not how you win. If there's one thing I grown to hate, it's people that hussle about for flags.
            So I'm already a step further then that. I don't care about purely winning with 200 tickets in front. Hopping from flag to flag and powercapping with a bunch of medics. I much more prefer to have an even battle and where the battle is so tight that every fooking frag counts.
            This is were survival is most important. And this happens to be one of my specialities lol.
            You won't see me taking on a whole bunch of people in a squad, pronespamming and bunnyhopping around. I won't be going alone to a flag trying to cap it if there is much hostility.

If there is a flag that just I know will be assaulted very soon, you won't see me running to a next flag. Hell no, let the action come to me.
            If you ask uav on a flag you're charging and you happen to see loads of enemies. When your tickets are not bleeding. Why should I go and stand at the flag like a sitting duck. No, I'll make a frontline. Slow the enemy down. Surpress them and refuse this battle to get a race for flags.
            To win a conquest you don't need to get all the flags. Only enough to stop the bleeding. And this is were many go wrong. When other team happen to have a lead in tickets. You're not going to win by trying to get every flag. Mostly this just won't ever happen. So they all rush themselves into death which will never make up the gap in tickets you're suffering.
            Only when you survive and kill alot of people you can bring that gap down. Tanks that surpress and kill as many as they can. This is the obvious thing to do but very effective.

The only time I hate when they do that is when his team is bleeding in tickets. Then he really needs to support troops getting flags. Set up a threat and let the troops marche in.
            So those that only care about points are indeed sad and really should enrich their gaming experience more. It's better to actually make something happen while gaining points.
            And if you got their team down and choked at only few flags. That's when you even get more points. Guard routes to other flags and you rack them up really.

Yeah public is rather annoying but if DICE made some rules it would make it a lot more satisfying evironment. How about gain in points when your team wins ?
            Personally, I love setting up a squad with being me as experienced player assigned as SL. Just inviting totally strangers and rookies. I love to see them work together and get better.
            The way I play is just not fast enough for these whores. They rush about to flags and prone like mad trying to kill everybody in sight. I rather have some chill people that I can cruise with through the map. Some people that don't mind to defend cos that would make their points hurt possibly. However you can get really cheap and easy kills if you do it right.

Anyway yeah, those point hoggers are annoying but they only fool themselves. When you're on public sever and you're a teamplayer that's rather experienced. Just make a squad and invite people. No need to care about the rest. Instead show an example how it's done.

Comment

Increasing the amount of points you get for defending a flag would certainly encourage people to defend more often. That +1 isn't very much incentive, when you can get many +2's just around the horizon.

If it were a +3, you'd probably see a lot more "Teamwork oriented" people, defending their flags.

Comment

If I get points in a round, ( with the exceptions of things like stat farming.) it means I've helped the team win. Is that your argument that just flew past my window? Good day.

Comment

I like teamwork, especially with my clan in vent. Winning a round based on teamwork is twice the victory than being a loner and your team winning.

Comment

I find myself always making a squad just to avoid the mid-game team-switch these days.

However, if somebody joins that squad, I make it my duty to issue orders based on my own personal tactics, which is usually me just encircling the enemy and assaulting flags that're behind the front lines.

If people choose to ignore my orders, it doesn't in any way effect my gaming style. If they choose to follow me, it only augments my chances of taking the flag I'm going after, even if they're just an extra target that draws fire from me, while I handle the enemy. If they're actually a capable medic though, they pretty much guarantee that we're going to take every flag we go for as I rarely ever need a third chance to take a flag.

I have to admit... Working in a tightly knit squad definitally helps augment my score in the end. I usually get +40 points resupplying my troops, in addition to the kills I normally make while playing a Support.

I don't consider myself a team-player. Mainly because I have no team to play for. I'm just a public server gamer who is good at everything, but excells at nothing.

Comment

• Re: Why so many losers?

Agreed!
                      i wish there was no rsanks and unlocks like in Battleifeld Vietnam, back then all you had to do was take flags, no on worried about points and ranks and unlocks. hmm i sort awonder what the priorites of todays BF2 players really are.
                      hm i might post a poll on this
                      feedback//

Comment

• Re: Why so many losers?

people want points and more points. i guess its human nature to say i am better than u cause i have more points.

Comment

Working...
                        X