Kicked for dropping car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kicked for dropping car

Okay im used to enemy commanders doing this. When I play on Operation Smoke Screen, your lucky to get in a chopper without dieing, why? the enemy commander constantly arty's it, if not that drops vehicles ontop of the choppers and to make it worse you have the MIG's on the MEC team dropping bombs 24/7 in that area. You don't get banned for it, I don't do it, I did it once on Wake Island but for a good reason. The tank came down from the airfield and camped at the top of the hill with a supply box beside them, and raped the checkpoint, so I dropped a buggy ontop of it thus no more spawn rape.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      It's an exploit...nevermind the fact that it is totally lame.

Vehicles ARE FOR TRANSPORT!

It will be fixed in the next patch.
      And also, in transporting, can run over people, which is like dropping on people, it's not that lame, it's the persons fault for getting killed, the arty part is a bit glitchy, but i still like it, not nearly as bad as hotel glitch.

Comment

Well, however you people like to think of it, don't get too used to it. Because they are fixing it in the next patch.

Comment

Using vehicle drops for artillery and snipers is an exploit and is the same as using it get glitch inside a building.

e.g. using a vehicle drop, you can take out arty in 3 seconds, something you would not be able to do otherwise

e.g. using a vehicle drop, you can glitch inside a building, something you would not be able to do otherwise

Definition: 'exploit' is the term given to actions that make use of errors or bugs in programs, which allow someone to cause it to perform something it wasn't intended to do

Sweet..RubberDucky rules!
          Naw... I don't think wall glitching and Cartillery are on the same level at all. I remember some guy from EA (or was it Dice?) talking about how he loved dropping cars on snipers before the feature was released. Thus, they were aware of it. I don't think they realised how much players were going to use/abuse it, tho.

So... I basicly lump it into the same catagory as old school squad hopping. It's kinda cheep, it's a bit cheesy, and it can be argued that it's an exploit. Until it's tweaked, I will stoop to that level if my opponents are already there.

Comment

Old school squad hopping wasn't bad.

This is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Using a jeep.

To take out artillery.

In a battlefield game.

Man, I wish there was an IQ test to get into this game.

Comment

i think its stupid that i have to walk a millyun miles yelling "requesting transport over" over and over cuz some idiot commander is dropping vehicles everywhere BUT where the teamates need them.....

Comment

I haven't found car drops to be very effective at killing arty at all. If a gun is already heavily damaged, yeah, you can blow it, but otherwise it just kinda goes *thud* and you have to repeat. Meanwhile, the enemy commander can be droppin supplies or (if he's smart) just parking undercover nearby (he IS playing as Engie, right?).

AA Cars are a much bigger threat, IME. Again, I do think it's really cheesy (and I say so on TS all the time), but the number of choppers I've put down via cardrops is a little sick. Anti-armor drops are nasty too.

Some tips to avoid getting car-crushed:
                Keep moving! Don't move in predictable ways. I've seen a ton of APC drivers that will park next to a flag then just roll back and forth while trying to cap. All I do is average their movement 'n drop in the middle. Most of the time, the cardrop hits.

If you get a car bouning off your roof, MOVE! Smart commanders are likely to follow up with "normal" artillery. Chances are, it's already in-bound.

If you're sniping, plant yourself near something with some height. A sniper at the base of a tree or right next to a wall is almost impossible to drop a car on.

When you're taking off in a chopper, doing fly straight ahead. That's where my car will be falling. A direct hit on a chopper won't cause enough damage to kill it. You need to add it's forward movement to the impact to put it down. Thus, I lead my chopper suppression drops. The majority of players just fly smack into the falling car. Just vear to the sides or do backwards takeoffs and I'll miss ya more often than hit.

If all else fails, find the enemy commander and stick your knife where the sun don't shine. Dead commanders can't drop cars.

Comment

Well, however you people like to think of it, don't get too used to it. Because they are fixing it in the next patch.
                  Which one, the killing arty, or killing people, hopefully i can still kill snipers hehe.

EDIT: Also, nobody every asks for a vehicle drop on 32p karkand, basically never, always close enough to the action.

Comment

The problem with cartillery, is that airdrop cars are not affected by wind like supply drops are. They land on the exact spot you click, while suppies kind of move a bit, that's why airdrop vehicles are so badly abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                      I don't think they realised how much players were going to use/abuse it, tho.
                      That's part of EA'DICE's problem with he BF series. They NEVER seem to be able to predict how players will 'abuse' stuff.
                      That's why I look forward to the open beta for the next patch

Originally posted by papi4baby
                      The problem with cartillery, is that airdrop cars are not affected by wind like supply drops are. They land on the exact spot you click, while suppies kind of move a bit, that's why airdrop vehicles are so badly abuse.
                      Uhmmm...I find that supply drops land exactly where I put them if I'm in the closest zoom. I've never noticed any "drift".

Comment

Using vehicle drops for artillery and snipers is an exploit and is the same as using it get glitch inside a building.

e.g. using a vehicle drop, you can take out arty in 3 seconds, something you would not be able to do otherwise

e.g. using a vehicle drop, you can glitch inside a building, something you would not be able to do otherwise

Definition: 'exploit' is the term given to actions that make use of errors or bugs in programs, which allow someone to cause it to perform something it wasn't intended to do

Sweet..RubberDucky rules!

lol ******** an exploit is to abuse something that will gain an advantage, killing a player with a car drop does not give anyone an advantage. you need to look up the term exploit in the dictionary mate.....

you are correct on the latter part of your post tho, taking out arty and getting into buildings is exploiting.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LoganX
                            That's part of EA'DICE's problem with he BF series. They NEVER seem to be able to predict how players will 'abuse' stuff.
                            That's why I look forward to the open beta for the next patch

Uhmmm...I find that supply drops land exactly where I put them if I'm in the closest zoom. I've never noticed any "drift".
                            Yea, they don't know how many people in BF2 go out after every patch and look for exploits, then leak it to the normal gamers to see. Anyways, i agree with zipp0r, the arty and definetly the hotel glitch are exploiting cartillery, but if the roof camper was smart enough, he would see the shadow and hit 'E' and he would get into the car (Yea, cartillery has backfired against me as well).

Comment

Yup, should be kicked to use for anything other than as support for your troops. Apparently there are good servers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch
                                Yup, should be kicked to using it other than as support for your troops. Apparently there are good servers out there.
                                well, TECHNICALLY, destroying enemy arty and killing rooftop snipers is 'supporting' your team y'know. Probably more support then giving some guy a humvee in a karkand map.

Comment

Working...
                                X