what's a good ping for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's a good ping for you?

this isn't a problem or anything just a curious question. But is there a ping that you try to stay below when you're looking for a server to go into? I have been trying to stay under 100 but last night I want into one that was 170 and it actually played quite smooth. I saw a couple spots where there was lag but I was sniping and had no problems hitting people.

Re: what's a good ping for you?

I usually run about 35-80 on my regular servers, sometimes I start getting spikes hitting 900+, but that only seems to happen when something important is happening like a match

Comment

I never join a server above 100, but mainly I play on servers with a ping 10 - 30.

Comment

Originally posted by rha600
        this isn't a problem or anything just a curious question. But is there a ping that you try to stay below when you're looking for a server to go into? I have been trying to stay under 100 but last night I want into one that was 170 and it actually played quite smooth. I saw a couple spots where there was lag but I was sniping and had no problems hitting people.
        I have been online gaming for years. Getting close to 10. Standard rule has been anything less then 200 is still playable. 250 or more is too high, others will likely see you lagging.

The lower the better.

I am sure this will open the debate about high pings and affecting other players with a low ping. IMO the jury is out on that one, I have seen both sides.

Comment

Woah, I'm lucky to get under 100. It's rather annoying. I can't play servers that kick for "excessive" ping. I'd like to say my average is 80 for the servers I play. Only once has the game been so laggy (yes, interent lag) that I couldn't play. 10-15 ping would be a dream.

Comment

I play on all less than 100. My regular server that I play on is located in Dallas, and I get about a 30ms ping to it.

Comment

<150 at worst. <100 is typical. I pay money for my service, I expect it to work as I want it to!

at 200 your ping is well within the reflex reaction time of human beings, that is way too slow. Most people can't react faster than 150ms, so that's fine.

I'm twitchy and have about a 100 reaction time if I don't have to incorporate any thought to my reaction- which aiming/shooting , fortunately, doesn't involve. Oops- TK, sorry mate!

Comment

15-50 Is what I play on.. I find that normal I snipe a lot and I love to just blaim it to myself that I sometimes suck If I miss in place to blaim it at lag..

~ Komet

Comment

I pretty much stick to sub 100 servers. That's on the browser ping. Once in game on most of these servers I see sub 50 pings. Considering my service is advertised as 8mbps cable, I better see good pings! Of course, being on the west coast I don't get much love from continental European servers for the most part, but lots of UK servers seem to have good pings for me.

Comment

my ranges is 75-150. But it's wierd I rarely see ant dif. Once I saw a 2100 ping. God help them

Comment

My ping averages 30 but has been 90 before

Comment

I've played on a server with 1200 ping... but it was actually working very smooth. I think it was the Moo-Crew server. For some reason the server name is in green and has outrageous ping, but it doesn't act like it would seem. Strange, no? I can get more details when I'm home.

Comment

on a decent uk server my ping stays around 20 - 25

Comment

< 30. My firewall likes to shoot my ping up to 500 every couple of minutes, though.

Comment

anything below 80, & my ping is from 15-25

Comment

Working...
                              X