No announcement yet.

How much $ has battlefield 2 cost you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much $ has battlefield 2 cost you?

Hey i was just thinking how much money i have spent on my PC to play it and thought i bet there are a tonne of other people who have spent alot more that me. well to start BF2 its self $100(in Australia) then there is the new speakers to listen to it($200) then the RAM 1gig to bring my total to 1512mb ($160) and the new headphones to use the voIP($60) and soon i will have to get a new video card($300) and a new hard drive($80). so in total this is about $800 not including the game which as i recall was not on the box that i would be buying a new everything to play this game, so i wonder how much some other people have spent?

Re: How much $ has battlefield 2 cost you?

$200 for new speakers *just* for BF2?

lol

I bought the game, €50 or so.

Hmm, that's it I think...

Comment

More than I'd care to admit

Comment

Wow i only had to spent about $150(US dollars) atfer buying a video card and the Battlefield 2

Comment

After purchasing BF2, BF2: SF, BF2: EF and BF2: AF, I have dumped about $100 USD into the game.

Comment

I've only spent 50 bucks, so not too much.

Comment

Tons. New graphics card when it come out (£330), the game itself + Special Forces + Armored Fury + Euro Force, 2 new mice (broken in frustration), X-Fi sound card (twice, both DOA, returned so I suppose that doesn't count), new joystick, and there's bound to be other stuff.

I'm just about to spend £1500 on a new pc that I'll probably use mostly for BF2 as my old one keeps breaking but would manage most games (except BF2). Keep going on to the site to order it, spec it all up, get ready to order then can't bring myself to click the button. I could do so much with £1500, can't bear to spend it just to play games, especially buggy BF2. But then I think how nice BF2 would look at high res with a Gainward 7900GT 512 meg graphics card, 2 gig of ram, etc, etc and I go back, spec it up, get ready to order then bottle it again :-)

Comment

Games tend to help me identify weaknesses in my system and force me into upgrades I would make anyway.... but I understand your question.

I picked up a gig of ram, $105. and a 500 watt power supply ($70)... my system was dodgy and unstable prior to BF2 mostly because of my weak 350 watt PSU... solid as a rock now though. $175.

I dont know if I can count this but prior to BF2 I played World of Warcraft... sold my character for $400 and spent it on a new video card... not "for BF2" but it was a nice upgrade from my 128MB 9800 Pro.

Comment

i paid the $99.95 AUD for the original, and $49.95 for SF. thats it.

Comment

I spent about $25 USD on the game, and just spent ~$200 on 2GB of RAM. I also bought a nice set of $50 headphones.

I really didn't buy the RAM and headphones exclusively for BF2. Obviously, RAM is useful for everything on the comp. The headphones are studio heaphones I use for recording music and such, but I use them for BF2 a lot more than recording. I'd like to hook my comp back up to my 5.1 stereo, but I don't think my roommate will appreciate me playing BF2 in the living room.

I agree with Consultant01... in general, video games tend to "balance" out my system, making the necessary upgrades obvious.

:edit: Oh, I also bought 2 joysticks for about $20 each.

Comment

By the time I finish paying off my new computer I would have paid $3300 or so. Also a joystick $40 and all the x-packs and sf along with bf2 is like 110$.

All in all I spent $3450.

Comment

Originally posted by tw1g
                        By the time I finish paying off my new computer I would have paid $3300 or so. Also a joystick $40 and all the x-packs and sf along with bf2 is like 110$.

All in all I spent $3450.
                        Personal Finace 101.

First lesson.

Never finance a depreciating asset.

Depreciating asset is anything you purchase that loses value over time. That includes cars, computers, jewelery, clothes, etc.

The only things you should finance are your house and your college education.

Buying a personal computer, of all things, on credit, is one of the most financially foolish things one can do.

Comment

GPU £200, 1GB RAM £75, 500W PSU £50, Sound Card X2 (Didn't get a 5:1 initially) £70, Case cooling fan £10, Headset £25, BF2 and boosters £75ish.

All in - around £500 quid, :cry:.

Comment

After buying the game + SF + EF + AF which is about £70. I decided a couple of months ago that my old rig wasn't good enough so built the new one below.

After finishing it off with an Acer 17" LCD, a Saitek keyboard & Logitech MX518 cost me about £1600 all in.

Comment

well I already had my computer built for jsut gaming in general so I don't know if I should include that. but if so that's $3800 right off the bat. then there's the game ($50) and the logitech joystick ($40) so I'm just going to say $90

Comment

Working...
                              X