Are aircraft out of balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are aircraft out of balance?

unbiased poll... no more of these hater-polls. This is purely to gather community opinion on a sliding scale.

Re: Are aircraft out of balance?

The J-10 is definitely out of balance. As for jets bombing the crap out of infantry, no.

Comment

Hell no, if you can't take down a plane with AA, then he's either good...or you suck.

J-10 should be nerfed just a little, I don't mind it being better than the others, just not that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
        Hell no, if you can't take down a plane with AA, then he's either good...or you suck.

J-10 should be nerfed just a little, I don't mind it being better than the others, just not that much better.
        In less than 5 minutes, you are out-numbered 4-1. Lets see how results continue to flow in.

Thanks for voting!

Comment

I agree, anything to do with the relationship of aircraft and the ground should be kept as is with the exception of a tiny nerf to the AA. AA can be a bit too overwhelming when the enemy has the majority of the bases.

Comment

It is balanced. Why? Becouse ppl still play the game.

Comment

Don't think the AA should be nerf'ed and as for balancing the actual aircraft... well I will leave that for the pilots but I hear the j10 is a little bit to much.

Though I do think that something should else should be done about aircraft, I don't think they are way too powerful if you have a decent team working to keep them down. There are times when I get killed a ton because of air craft bombing or strafing...

Some of this has to do with a lack of quality pilots on our side and/or teammates that don't jump in the stationary AA.

I do think though infantry should have just a little bit more power against planes though. The fixes in the last patches to AA I think were a very good improvement. I have gotten a number of kills if I am dedicated to AA but I would say I get 1 out of 5 or 6 attempts.

At times pilots have absolutely not fear on a map or point. They fly in low strafing and bombing constantly. I would like to instill a little more fear so they go back to their role of support bombing at higher elevations and dogfighting. Though the same could be said for tanks except there is a infantry class devoted to taking them out.

Stationary AA positions could have more range, planes are almost too fast for them now... Though range is good for helos right now.

Another solution would be to add more stationary AA or reduce the spawn on them. There are too few and a pilot can easily take one out on a bombing run since they are stationary its pretty lame. Though I think the ultimate fix would be a AA infantry class... That would solve many problems, maybe mix it in with AT or even support or eng???

Comment

I would have to disagree with that. Any decent pilot will know where the stationary AA is and can put guns on it and start shooting before you can even get a lock.

If you either stopped the use of the gun for ground attack, or extended the range of the AA I think it would be a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                  It is balanced. Why? Becouse ppl still play the game.
                  I dont think that is a very valid statement seeing as the most popular maps are "City maps" like Karkand which doesnt even have helos let alone jets...

How many Karkand servers (no aircraft at all) do you see compared to any map with jets.

The same, of course, can be said about Wake Island, but hey... The Jet Jockeys and Snipers need somewhere to hang out without Mobile AA taking them out. hehe.

People still play the game because its a good game overall, and to claim that this fact means that everything is in balance as it should be is a little idealistic if you ask me.

anyway... keep the votes coming!

Comment

With the AA and HP balacing no. If you still think their out of balance dont play those maps then. Go play some karkand.

Comment

I voted somewhat disagree. I don't fly but I'd say they are balanced, and yes pilots kill me quite often. The problem is that they are at the top of the food chain (as they should be) with no effective counter. One hit from AA should remove 95% of their health so they must limp away home to repair (granted that only takes 7 seconds max before they're back to kill you). I do plenty of AA and I'll get 2 hits only to see the plane zoom off and come back to kill me with its guns before I get reloaded. Planes are damn fragile but not in BF2.

All this game really needs, and I'll say it again in this thread too, is for the Engi or AT kits to have mobile AA. Once an AA site can be set up anywhere on a map the pilots have to be more careful. Right now they memorize where the AA is and avoid it or kill it first. A ground trooper with a single shoulder mounted Stinger that actually works would be great. I play AT kit most of the time. Give me 5 AT on maps with no jets. Jet maps give me 3 AT and 2 Stingers and I'd be a happy man.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                        unbiased poll... no more of these hater-polls. This is purely to gather community opinion on a sliding scale.
                        Consultant01! Tell me what shows the poll becouse I cant figure it out....

Comment

Aircraft are balanced, but they're still annoying as hell.

In an IGLA/stinger, you can take out or damage a plane if you get the opportunity, but if the pilot uses the bombing HUD to take you out ahead of time, you're completely helpless. Getting in an AA site is playing the role of sacrificial lamb against good pilots. But planes aren't invincible anymore, so they are balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000sDigitalBoy
                            Aircraft are balanced, but they're still annoying as hell.

In an IGLA/stinger, you can take out or damage a plane if you get the opportunity, but if the pilot uses the bombing HUD to take you out ahead of time, you're completely helpless. Getting in an AA site is playing the role of sacrificial lamb against good pilots. But planes aren't invincible anymore, so they are balanced.
                            They can shoot an AA site with guns, before you get a chance to lock on. They are not balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                              I dont think that is a very valid statement seeing as the most popular maps are "City maps" like Karkand which doesnt even have helos let alone jets...

How many Karkand servers (no aircraft at all) do you see compared to any map with jets.

The same, of course, can be said about Wake Island, but hey... The Jet Jockeys and Snipers need somewhere to hang out without Mobile AA taking them out. hehe.

People still play the game because its a good game overall, and to claim that this fact means that everything is in balance as it should be is a little idealistic if you ask me.

anyway... keep the votes coming!
                              ppl play Karkand cus there are no planes to own them since they are most likly CANT FLY THEM.... yes a lot of BF2 players cant fly planes neither helicopters!!
                              1. becouse they suck and dont want to practise
                              2. becouse they dont have a joystick so they suck

Comment

Working...
                              X