No announcement yet.

EA/DICE: Squad hopping IS an exploit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EA/DICE: Squad hopping IS an exploit...

Originally posted by Wargimp
    Sure blows a whole in the "STFU you whiners, it's NOT an exploit" argument, don't it?
    I personally still do not see this as an exploit to me an exploit is glitching into a building to gain invulnerability. Basically doing something really dodge to get an advantage squad hopping has been done by properly every single person since day one.

Comment

I wish they would get rid of the more destructive exploits first

Comment

Do all the squad hopping proponents really believe that DICE designed the squad system in BF2 so that 1 person could spawn the entire team anywhere they may be on the map? If you believe so, then why did they bother with the squad system at all? Why didn't they just allow you to spawn on any random person?

Comment

I don't buy that. Never did, never will.
          I know when I'm in a good stable squad, we can work our arses off and do very well. When I'm hopping, it really doesn't feel like teamwork at all. Feels more like... well, exploiting.
          i agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by perry
            Do all the squad hopping proponents really believe that DICE designed the squad system in BF2 so that 1 person could spawn the entire team anywhere they may be on the map? If you believe so, then why did they bother with the squad system at all? Why didn't they just allow you to spawn on any random person?
            I agree 100%, I am sure they would have done something about this back in 1.12, but because there were serious problems at that time, it got pushed way down on the list. Now that Vehicle TKs and AA have been fixed, they are addressing normal gameplay.

I am for it, though I am positive the game might move a lot slower from CP to CP. There will be less multi-front fighting caused by large squads spawning in far-away areas.

Sadly, IMO, the commander will now really have an advantage when using arty to stiffle a flag turn.

Comment

It's no big F@@Kin Deal, ya win some, ya loss some! Time to move on!

Comment

I'm really confused now....lol

So if I am correct, the only difference about this new squad thing is that you can do NOTHING while you are dead...am I right? For example: You are the squad leader, you get killed....you can not leave the squad- thus making someone else the new squad leader so others can spawn on him, meanwhile rejoining the same squad and spawning on the new leader...? This will not be possible anymore if I understand you corectly...right?

If the above is indeed correct - then I'm down with that, no problems....but good gosh, could EA/Dice please give the squad leader some points from his squad doing good then? Because a good leader will have to stay alive and be away from 98% of the action, unless of course he has a good medic, and that medic doesn't get killed with him....lol. I would be really into the leader getting some percentage of his squads successful goals being reached if he has to stay back from the action to get his squad into places they need to be....anyone else agree?

I'm not going to whine about however it is they are redoing though....Like someone else said, I will just adapt. I never jump from squad to squad anyway...I stay in the one I start with unless of course the obvious is present....like a leader in a tank or chopper or something. Most the players where I play are really good with team work in one squad the entire round, so I have never really had to squad hop.

Comment

And do you believe youself if I ask this question:

Why would it take 10 freaking months to get it out of the game?
                  And about the purpose of a SL guy, why would they make tit a mobile spawnpoint in the beginning eh....

this is only nergd because whiners couldn't handle the fact they got ownd again and again.

the big changes will only be more spawnrape, because prevend that people will spawn at flags

Comment

lawlz.. watch 2 weeks from now som1 will discover a way to get around this... lawlz..

Comment

I don't buy that. Never did, never will.
                      I know when I'm in a good stable squad, we can work our arses off and do very well. When I'm hopping, it really doesn't feel like teamwork at all. Feels more like... well, exploiting.
                      This is one of the resons im so against what EA/Dice are doing im a straight up player i would NEVER cheat weather it be an exploit of hack i would never do it. But now im being told that what ive been doing and proberly every other person has done is cheating.

Comment

excelent point perry

Comment

I like they removed the squad switching thingy, it was really annoying you kill one of the squad leaders of the other team and suddently another 5 show up on someother guy that spawn before on the guy you killed...

That´s not strategic at all, atleast now who wants to be squad leader has to use his brain and stay hidden and play in a non-rambo way. If you don´t like it then don´t play as squad leader.

I see that the people that complain the most are Clan people, because now they have to actually breakthrought the defences, instead of just race to the point and if the squad leader dies just spawn someone near... Right, that´s really great strategy...

In BF1942 there were NO squads, NO squad leaders, then NO squad swapping, still, it´s a great game and you can make great Clan matches with great fights.

The GOOD clans will adapt and play good, and will stay good...

In the clan matches you will need to play right and be on the offensive in a smart way, break the defences and make it right to survive so your team can spawn and win, personally it will make the clan matches much more dificult, because you don´t have to defend every single base the same way with the idea that one lonely "jackass" can just go to your back flag and when you arrive you have 6 guys jumping around...

In BF1942 one single man could do the same and take the flag, if his team was smart enough then the flag could be secured (if the team spawned on the flag), if not the counter-attack would just overwelm the guy that just took it.

The Squad system was pretty much invented for PUBLIC play, to make the players stick toghether and play toghether, making the experience much more fun.
                          In clan matches you already have TS and alot of teamplay, you don´t need the squads to stick toghether and attack toghether, it´s anice feature to have an ALTERNATIVE spawn, but not to spawn EVERYWHERE, in ANY guy you want...

In few words:
                          Adapt, improvise, overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lude

In BF1942 one single man could do the same and take the flag, if his team was smart enough then the flag could be secured (if the team spawned on the flag), if not the counter-attack would just overwelm the guy that just took it.

The Squad system was pretty much invented for PUBLIC play, to make the players stick toghether and play toghether, making the experience much more fun.
                            In clan matches you already have TS and alot of teamplay, you don´t need the squads to stick toghether and attack toghether, it´s anice feature to have an ALTERNATIVE spawn, but not to spawn EVERYWHERE, in ANY guy you want...

In few words:
                            Adapt, improvise, overcome.
                            if you played bf1942, you know the main tackticks was spawnblocking and spwanraping

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                              This is one of the resons im so against what EA/Dice are doing im a straight up player i would NEVER cheat weather it be an exploit of hack i would never do it. But now im being told that what ive been doing and proberly every other person has done is cheating.
                              No one said anything about "cheating". Don't add fuel to a fire that does not need it. This is about playing the game the way it was DESIGNED to be played. If you can't hang, then give up the gun and go play Americas Army, DOD, CSS or any other FPS of your choice. In the end, complaining about this will not keep it from happening, nor will a petition. As much as we like to think this is "our" game, it is not. They made it, they can change it any way they see fit. If for some reason they change it in a manner that I do not agree with, I will be big enough to move on and not litter the boards with whines about it.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                                This is actually going to make teamwork worse..

When you can squad hop, that helps your whole TEAM move forwards... if you are restricted to one squad, you will be losing alot of ground, and waste time running.

I really hate this idea...
                                disagree

if your TEAM helps the squad leader, there is more cohesion.

if you just hop around and whoever is alive is squad leader - then the team is not doing a good job at securing the squad leader - or the squad leader is not doing a good job leading his squad.

thats my opinion.

Squad-hopping IS an exploit. It WORSENS teamplay because with it, you just negated the need for a squad leader - you have a spawn leader and thats it.

Comment

Working...
                                X