Patch V1.3 at BFCON - squadhopping still removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patch V1.3 at BFCON - squadhopping still removed

1. quite a number of people complained before.

2. I play Battlefield 2 everyday and honestly I just don't see bug anymore. The so called bugs happens very rare. I had one red/blue name tag bug in ONE month, and I play one a server that switches team around after the end of a round.

Comment

Originally posted by parish
      *snip*
      IMHO, squads should be formed at the onset of the map and retained throughout. If you hop between squads, you're not helping the people who rely on you in that squad, you're hurting the team play. Leaving squads to join another is fine if you feel the need, but jumping squads while dead because you're looking for a spawn point is weak and not team oriented. If you have nowhere to spawn because all the flags are taken, perhaps you will learn to play better and take/retain flags more. If you cannot function as a squad without the crutch of dying, flipping squad leaders and re-spawning on him, then I feel sorry for you. I would like to see more people in squads. It sure helps a commander when you have people to command. The game would be better if people actually used the tools they were given the way they were meant to be used. One sweet side effect of this is that when you are down to one guy on the opposing team, he won’t suddenly have 5 new squad mates spawning on him. If they were not in his squad to begin with, they are SOL. Works for me
      *snip*
      The above sums up my feelings.
      When I play Battlefield 2 and start up a squad as squad leader I expect to be leading it. I don't expect to be wanted to keep switching positions just so someone can spawn. If I join as a member I expect the leader to give us orders and objectives so that if I do die I have an objective to get to, and can choose a normal spawn point as I see fit.

Now I've never played a competitive match but I would expect that you really would be able to adapt seeing as the 'pubbers' most likely will. Like when grenade launchers where changed, many jumped from Grenade Launchers to PKMs but they did adapt to their new environment.

As for slowing the game down? Hah. I use to walk across the El Alemein desert to take a flag in Battlefield 1942 if I couldn't get a ride, I've walked across Kubra, Fushe, everywhere. Not one of them has as big a gap between flags as El Alemein did - and that game was still hectic paced.

Just because it takes you maybe 30 seconds to get to a battle doesn't mean the game is slow, its just the flags are where the main confrontations take place, with minor skirmishes everywhere else. So, want a fight? Head to the nearest enemy position. And if its going to take a while to walk, well why not ask for a lift, or defend your flag until a car spawns, surely the enemy will most likely show up sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
        1. quite a number of people complained before.
        Really? I read this forum daily and I never noticed any.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
          Why does that matter?

This is tossed about like some sort of insult, but the reality is that being a member of a clan and/or taking games seriously are perty geeky things to do. I have nothing against geeks (self described geek right here), but it's not like a badge of honor or anything.

Trying going to a bar and picking up a hot young lass based on your clan matches. I'm willing to bet you won't get very far.
          lol and having over 3 thousand odd posts doesn't make you geeky?
          I dunno just thought I'd add that as an idea

Comment

I don't understand the argument:

#1. If clans need it to compete, they can create a mod that allows it or stay at 1.22.

#2. If your clan likes it so much that they can't play without it, go unranked.

What is the freaking deal?

Are you afraid that you will not draw "pubbies" to your server when you are unranked? Why do you want "pubbies" when all you do is talk down to them on every god damn message board about them? Or do you need "pubbies" on your server to float your ever increasing ego about your skills in a video game above water?

Yeah I think the last one is it..

Comment

Originally posted by BravoTwoZeroUK
              lol and having over 3 thousand odd posts doesn't make you geeky?
              I dunno just thought I'd add that as an idea
              I never suggested otherwise.
              Self discibed geek, right here.
              I just do not conisder it something that gives my opinion more credit.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                If you and your kind wouldn't have expoited the darn thing in public play more of the "pubbers" wouldn't have had ANY idea it existed. You did, they know, they complain, they form the majority of the base for this game, you don't, it gets changed. Simple, cut, and dry.
                This is a pretty funny statement but it makes sense.
                Although there isn't any hard proof of this let's think about it for a sec.

EA implements the Squad system to encourage Teamplay.
                They create an alternative spawn (the SL) to alleviate Spawn Camping. It also serves to broaden the game a bit by having it be a mobile spawn point.

The EA/DICE testers (in all their glory) test the game most likely the way the gameplay is designed. Probably not veering too far off the intended margin.
                The game is released to the Public.
                WHAM!!!
                The public (as it always does) finds "things" in the game and in the gameplay that was either not intended or was imbalanced and EA/DICE has to fix/adjust things. Some of these things are more obvious than others. The Red Tag bug, BH Capping and the n00btoob stood out more in the beginning. Some are easier to fix/adjust than others.

As the League/Comp community starts to build they start to find ways to not only win, but win and overcome as fast as possible. Squadhopping may have been born or at least perfected in these arenas at this time.

Public play (normally) doesn't have the benefit of communication and organized practice that the comp teams have. (This is just a fact but not anything to hold against the pubs). Squadhopping stays relatively hidden within the comp community.
                As time goes on and the Clans and comp teams start using the tactics in the pubs. The pubs are like WTF!!! As they start to learn about it it starts to filter around and eventually EA/DICE become aware that their system has a "hole" in it they didn't anticipate.

Maybe they found out sooner maybe later. Maybe they found out through the comp community.
                Could it have taken months? Possibly.
                It still doesn't mean that it now has to stay. If it doesn't fit their model of gameplay then they will still fix it.

It's not a perfect theory but I think it has merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetmate
                  This officially confirms for me that AJ Marini and DICE Canada are so totally and utterly detached from the BF2 community that they have absolutely no idea about what the game is really like out there in the public servers or in the competitive games.

What does HMMV drops bring to the game? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Being stuck out in the middle of a map on foot and in desperate need of a HMMV is really not a regular issue in this game. If i am in that postion, I would personally just suicide and respawn somewhere else rather than put the request in to my SL, wait for SL to ask the commander and the commander to actually do the drop. Trust me, in 1.3, the first few times they see a transport drop players will think "ooo cool" and after that they will realise what a pathetic "new feature" it is.

Squad hopping is fairly lame, and it would make sense to remove it, but SL cycling is a teamwork-based tactic and trying to stop the former by also removing the latter is retarded. Solution? Remove join and create squad buttons whilst dead BUT ALSO create a new "Assign Squad Leader" button for the current SL, even when dead. So if a squad works together, communicate with each other via VOIP and stay in the same squad, they get the benefit of being able to SL cycle, but the lone wolf who just wants to use a SL to spawn from and then leaves the squad once hes spawned is denied.

This game was fun because the new teamwork features of the game (compared to the previous BF games) gave BF2 so many more things for a player to do if they used teamwork than if they just ran about on their own. A blackhawk filled with the right classes would dominate a map, and with SL cycling, squads could defend a flag even after it was taken with some thought and communication.

All the "gameplay tweaks" since version 1.0 have served to shift the game towards the lone J-10 pilot who can cannon a 6-man blackhawk with such ease that USMC Wake is the biggest exercise in futility you'll ever undergo, or the lone tank driver with his turret pointed at 6 infantry gets 6 easy kills and doesnt even have to think about the risk of 1 squad member being able to take cover, take SL and get his squad to respawn AT to combat the threat.

This game is slowly losing its diversity and fun as all the interesting teamwork features that DICE Sweden came up with between BF42+Desert Combat and BF2 are becoming redundant and BF2 is "tweaked" into a plain boring fps where all the players who dont even know the squad menu exists just throw nades at each other in one of the billion 24/7 Karkand servers.
                  ]

I agree 100% with what you said.

I use the rolling SL with clan members and it is a tactic we use all the time. Obviously we could adapt to a new system as in keeping SL alive but would much prefer to have a select SL button. This would only be available to SL and be usable alive or dead.

Wish that info could get to dice to be added in time.

Comment

Originally posted by rancid_elf
                    I use the rolling SL with clan members and it is a tactic we use all the time. Obviously we could adapt to a new system as in keeping SL alive but would much prefer to have a select SL button. This would only be available to SL and be usable alive or dead.
                    Why do all squadhoppers think so complicated??

The solution - IF IT WAS REALLY INTENDED BY DICE - would be to make the whole squad a spawnpoint as long as anyone is alive, and remove the need to cycle the squadleader completely this way.

Comment

I seriously don't understand how they could possibly have missed squadhopping. I love how so many people think that it is some clever tactic when, in reality, I bet 70% of the people were doing it from the start.

Pretty much the first time I played I SHed. It just makes too much sense not to. Certainly, when I would play with friends, we would also sqaud rotate so that we could spawn in our squad on the guy who is still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
                        I seriously don't understand how they could possibly have missed squadhopping. I love how so many people think that it is some clever tactic when, in reality, I bet 70% of the people were doing it from the start.
                        Thats what gets me aswell it isnt anything super intelligent to do i was doing it from day 1 for 7 months solid and i wasnt in a clan. I have joined so many squads in the past were the squad leader has been a complete noob and got his entire squad killed in some ridiculas way that ive squadhopped all over the place just to find a good squad leader to follow.

Comment

Working...
                        X