Patch V1.3 at BFCON - squadhopping still removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch V1.3 at BFCON - squadhopping still removed

This weekend the BFCON06 took place in Germany in the "Alsfelder Hessenhalle".

Taken and translated from http://scene-net.de/

Surprisingly people could test the new booster pack Armored Fury in the organisation area. A beta version of patch V1.3 was installed on the machines.
    To end the speculations everyone is interested in: If you are dead, the buttons "Join Squad" and "Create Squad" are disabled now! Just as confirmed by the community update the commander can drop jeeps now just like supply crates.
    So they've disabled those buttons instead of that leaked "if the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once." solution.

Re: Patch V1.3 at BFCON - squadhopping still removed

I used that function quite alot in pubs as well as in clan matches
    You saw a squad leader capping a flag somewhere? you spawned and gave him a hand.
    Spotted a chopper with no gunner? Welcome aboard.
    I will miss it

Comment

zomg gh3y

Comment

I personaly dont agree with getting rid of it and im getting feddup with the patches that change the gameplay but dont fix the bugz in the game. Thats the point of a patch as far as im concerned to fix the bugz not to change the gameplay everytime the minority complains about it.

Comment

well that sucks.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

There goes about 80% of the BF2 Poplulation....

Comment

the majority of players didnt ask for this to be removed, why the hell would they take something out that we dont want and not put things in that we do?

makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by Strings9
                There goes about 80% of the BF2 Poplulation....
                You think ALL people who signed that petition or voted here will put their BF2 discs in the trashcan???
                I doubt that. They're only threatening to do so to build up pressure.

Comment

Maby.... it will help (if we put all the clan server offline)

and to think, most of the servers are from clans.
                  or we just don't update our servers

Comment

^then don't....

Comment

How about boosting the BH minguns so they're useful again? How about doubling the zoom on all the sniper rifles so they're actually sniper rifles and not pellet guns? How about fixing the red/blue bug? How about fixing the damn Eurofighter?

How about forcing everyone to join a squad before you spawn at the start of the round instead of making it harder to join them?? You can still be a lone wolf if you want, but it would boost teamplay since everyone would be in a squad from the get-go.

Comment

Originally posted by kamandor
                        How about boosting the BH minguns so they're useful again? How about doubling the zoom on all the sniper rifles so they're actually sniper rifles and not pellet guns? How about fixing the red/blue bug? How about fixing the damn Eurofighter?
                        I have mixed feelings about the miniguns.
                        Perhaps adjust them somewhere between now and where they have been before.
                        And don't forget: Transportation vehicles like the Blackhawk will be used more often again generally if squadhopping is removed.
                        If you take the "teleporter" away from the people, first they start moaning "Whaaaa!! I don't want to walk!!" but then they remember "Oh wait! There have been that transport helos and jeeps here.... actually I don't need to walk!"

Originally posted by kamandor
                        How about forcing everyone to join a squad before you spawn at the start of the round instead of making it harder to join them?? You can still be a lone wolf if you want, but it would boost teamplay since everyone would be in a squad from the get-go.
                        At the beginning of a round everyone should at least be able to choose a squad. It would not be a good idea to disable Join/Create Squad at the beginning of a round.

For forcing people to join squads.... I dunno... some snipers might perform a good task as lonewolfs.

People will notice a big disadvantage if squadhopping is removed, and if they don't join a squad for the whole round then, they can't just spawn on any squadleader then. That should encourage to join a squad.

Of course removing squadhopping won't make all pubbers magical teamplayers, but the game will reward real teamplay finally.

Comment

can you be invited to a squad if you were dead? thats what i want to know.

Comment

I really hope people will play in squads as it was meant to be from the beginning.

About BlackHawk miniguns...it would really be better to give them that desctruction power they had before(well not that much of course). Heck they ARE minuguns they're supposed to spit bullets like mad and saw people with it.

Battlefield as a gaming community has a lot of potential to rival Counter-Strike in popularity...EA/Dice just has to fix it, bring some more realism in it, make a patch to integrate Special Forces into vanilla, fix award requirements and then leave it as is. After that it will be a perfect game.

Comment

Hmm that's a good point actually... I personally hope they really fixed it, making that impossible too!

The basic idea is: The squadleader of the squad you died in is available as a spawnpoint for you - but not all the other SLs.

Comment

Working...
                              X