Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See....sniper kit isn't as "useless" as many say (pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: See....sniper kit isn't as "useless" as many say (pics!)

Congrats on the 1.45 kdr with the rifle... :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback
      Or the FN-FAL with a scope. The SANDF's DMR is the accuracized R1 (Lisence built metric FAL)
      Yeah when I was in the service the FAL was the weapon I used. I was one out of three marksmen in my platoon. We used them in combination with a scope allthough for the life of me I cannt remember which one. Have to look it up sometime. We were also DM's. Allthough I put in some extra time at the range when an USMC company joined us on a security detail in Rotterdam during Desert Storm. I was probably the first regular infantry guy in my country to fire the M16

Comment

thankls for the guide man! You certainly proved your point. And im on your side on this one!

Comment

Every kit is useless if the guy using it does not know what to do with it...

You have some great scores there @ threadstarter
          I still have to reach 50kills as a sniper without using any vehicles

Let the people complain about how useless the sniper class is. They can complain as much as they want because sooner or later they will run to where my lines cross. Then they will feel the hot love my lead will give them

Comment

Good insight on how a sniper should play. Thanks for demonstrating the importance of a sniper within a squad, it's difficult to explain how one is to act properly as a sniper, and be an asset to their team.

Good work!

PEACE

Comment

Nice job there. I'd love to snipe sometimes, but I can't hit anything with the
              M95. My best shot though, was shooting a pilot out of the cobra...but most of my sniper kills are from stealing the newest sniper unlock from dead snipers. For some reason, the thinner scope lines make it easier for me.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
                I think it's an excellent tactic. Have you also tried doing it as support? That way you're providing suppression fire and an ammo spawn point for your squad. What do you think?

Cheers
                Um, would they need ammo if they just spawned on you? Post 1.21, you are not going to be PKM sniping as easily either. He's talking about staying close enough to the flags, so its not too bad of a hike for his squadmates, but also far enough away, to see the big picture to take out enemies trying to defend a flag.

Comment

Nice sniping skills, glad someone posted a positive thread about snipers for a change - although I do find it entertaining reading all the "OMG all snipers should die" type posts.

I realise there are a lot of bad snipers out there, but I'd like to think that I try to help my team out as much as possible. I've never tried being a SL as sniper though, maybe I'll give it a shot. (no pun intended)

I try to cover my teammates when I see them capping, spot whenever possible, and I will spawn as a different kit if needed. If I see a medic down, I don't mind dropping my ghile suit to grab his kit and revive him.

I've never had a round as good as RpTheHotrod has, but I do okay. Not trying to take the shine off RpTheHotrod's score, (he's obviously a great sniper), but it must be that much easier with that low a ping? In the screencap it shows a ping of 17! Man, you must have a great connection. If I connect to New Zealand servers, I'm usually around 100 - 150, and if I connect to Aussie servers, it's 150-250 :cry:

Anyway, good post RpTheHotrod, and excellent work mate!

Comment

Well, I'm impressed with the discussion we've all had concerning the topic...and I'm glad we've all pretty much came to the same conclusion. I'm glad that some light has been shed on the subject.

After some talk with a few people, I've decided to get xfire. So....look me up sometime if anyone would like to work together sometime in a server

rpthehotrod

Comment

Could't said it better my self there buddy!

Comment

In the end the haters will still be there but it is good to see that the way some of us play, including myself, gets some appreciation around here.
                        Allthough atm I am stepping away from Urban maps and hiking out on the Cliffs of Dragon Valley

Comment

Working...
                        X