Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See....sniper kit isn't as "useless" as many say (pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See....sniper kit isn't as "useless" as many say (pics!)

Most people say the sniper kit is the most useless class. Generally, they offer little to a team, and often, the kills gained as a sniper kit are often less than if they chose another kit.

Much of this is true, and often!

However, in the hands of some people, the sniper kit is INDEED a very useful kit to a team.

One tactic I use is to become a squad leader. I get into a safe distance from an enemy flag. My squad spawns on me and heads in. I REMAIN behind. As they attempt to cap, I take out any enemy reinforcements that arrive. If I don't headshot, my sniper shot will at least bring them to nothing so my team only has to hit them once. I can also take out any defending snipers. If any squadmates die, they can safely spawn at my location and go in again. It's a stready stream of reinforcements. I can also claymore our "froward post" or use claymores to protect our flags. As the flag goes netural, I then go in to assist the cap.

If I were to rush in to cap, I'd probably die, seeing snipers are weak close up, and upon dying, our possibility of taking the flag goes out the window.

You can see this tactic being used here, although my squad was currently elsewhere. However, it doesn't stop me from protecting my other team members. I had claymores protecting my rear, just in case an enemy spawned behind me.

Good snipers also have many other uses. I personally enjoy being an offensive sniper...which means moving with my squad. A rifle in the hands of a good sniper can pull off some good close kills in defending a flag like so....

You can also help take the pressure off a CP by firing at choppers. They smoke within a few hits and often retreat to repair.

Good snipers are also effective on the offense by working with a squad. Let the squad go in, and you take down any enemies coming to take down your squad.

If you're a REALLY good sniper, you can take out vehicles that are tearing up your team. Here, I took out the gunner, and then the driver as he peeled out to try to run over my team members (yes, these 2 kills were the driver and gunner). BAM, right through the glass as the vehicle comes to a dead stop.

They can also be very effective with their silenced pistol in a fight that has chaos all around...especially when going up against medics wanting to revive the poor soul below.

Snipers are also useful in making sure the enemy doesn't take flight into the air. A pilot and his gunner dead, in this picture.

So, sure, we may not exactly be the best at taking flags, but we excel at making those flags capturable by our team. Again, I understand, MOST snipers honestly do little for a team, but some ARE effective.

So it comes down to this, can a snipers pure killing and support role really help out a team? Most say that between sniper kit and any other kit, people would always do far better combat-wise with another kit. If that's the case...

Why would a sniper kit get best combat score in a round?

So my point is....sure, sniper kit is useless in the hands of many, but there are SOME out there who can really make a difference with it.

Re: See....sniper kit isn't as "useless" as many say (pics!)

You have my respect man ^^ my best score was 33-8 on wake with the chinese sniperrifle.

Comment

Well, A sniper as good as you are is certainly not useless. :salute: I salute you.

Comment

Originally posted by OCl
        Well, A sniper as good as you are is certainly not useless. :salute: I salute you.
        yeah.. that...

Comment

Sure, those are some of the most impressive visulates I have ever seen since BF2 comes out. But could you explain concisely, how do you make 3 kills in 1 shot? I don't quite understand, sorry.

Comment

Its the person that uses it...the only real noob sniper is the last guy hiding not knowing hes the last one.

I got a similar score this one day i tried the new sniper rifle, i was face to face, most of targets were 20ft away.

Originally posted by BF2Freak
            Sure, those are some of the most impressive visulates I have ever seen since BF2 comes out. But could you explain concisely, how do you make 3 kills in 1 shot? I don't quite understand, sorry.
            Shot him once, medic came and revived, he shot him again, then shot the medic

Comment

to bf2freak, it wasn't a 1 shot 3 kills shot. It's firing at 3 different infantry in quick succession. I just happen to do it quick enough before the "you killed soandso" text wore off.

need_2_kill also mentioned a valid point on the karkand alley picture.

Comment

Awesome scores mate. Hope I dont come up against you some time I like playing it, but still got a lot to learn

Comment

Damn and I thought snipers were only good as my knife holder. Props to you, nice game!

Comment

Updated the post with another pic. Forgot to mention usefulness in keeping the skies a bit clearer.

Comment

nice score dude! i got 106 in one round (as a sniper). I got 29 kills and no deaths once aswell

Comment

I bet I could go no deaths if it wasn't for that dang artillery... gets me everytime, lol. Even on the move. Just bad luck, I guess. My streak of, I think 24, was actually as a medic though...then the dang map changed. Oh well. Really helps when you can heal yourself

You won't find any chopper/plane spammin' here, though. I prefer getting down where it's dirty...right there head to head on the ground.

Comment

Ok, that makes sense to me now. True, lately, players tend to go in group to capture a flag. This is good because the process is much boosted. But the disadvantages to them is they are becoming a good targets for snipers and arriving counter force.

Comment

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
                            I bet I could go no deaths if it wasn't for that dang artillery... gets me everytime, lol. Even on the move. Just bad luck, I guess. My streak of, I think 24, was actually as a medic though...then the dang map changed. Oh well. Really helps when you can heal yourself

You won't find any chopper/plane spammin' here, though. I prefer getting down where it's dirty...right there head to head on the ground.
                            You mean head to head 20m away.

Comment

Nicely done mate, but I do see a [hand grenade] slipping in there

Seriously though the Sniper kit is very dangerous in the right hands. I don't think mine really are, I generally just counter-snipe, and generally against Noobs, but I can go scope to scope with some decent players.

I don't like the sight picture on the 92FS. It's easier to shoot with the unsupressed 92, but the fact it is silenced lets you pick off those pesky PKM'ers who are spamming ammo downrange. Your "pffftt" is lost in their Dakka Dakka Dakka.

I'm glad I've never had to fight you

KBK

Comment

Working...
                              X