Nvidia 7800GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathGiver
    One thing is for sure i sure as hell dont like this forum and the people in it. Ya'll are a bunch of ignorant stupid uneducated mother****ers.
    Must be on of them spawn rape victims straight outta the game??lol.

Comment

a friend of mine has just bought a new system/bits got an xfx 7800gtx and an x2 4800+ so i look forward to seeing what the difference in benchmarks will be with a quicker cpu,

also the xfx is at 490/1290 stock, and are as xfx puts it "handpicked for performance" cost him £40 more than mine, so we should see how it overclocks too (mines at 497/1300 atm)...he's also got an sli board, the lucky goit ( for some reason when the shopkeeper asked me if i wanted an sli board for an extra £20, i turned the offer down..)
      **bangs head on desk**

Altho if his wife finds out it cost him £1500, that might cheer me up a bit

Comment

wow you know, my 6800gt has played bf2 great and never dips below 35 fps in firefights with everythnig on high and 1280 and 4xaa i get great fps. im not saying the 7800gtx is bad i want one but im good for now and ppu cards arnt going to help for games like bf2 it wont do ****, it has to be a game written to use the card.

Comment

I am curious, are the shadows looking any better with the 7800 GTX? If so, please give us some screen shots!

Comment

I am curious, what the hell does us being ignorant ****ers have to do with this thread where jimmy is asking how a 7800GTX performs? I don't see it

Comment

I have the 7800 gtx and I love it. I went from a Ti-4600(which was a great card in its day) to the 7800. Absolutely great vid card.

Comment

I have 2 x 7800GTX's on an AMD 3800+ and 2Gb Corsair 3200C2 ram

I play at 1600 x 1200 with 2 X AA and 4 x AF and most maps run in the 90 - 95 fps mark...

Comment

7800gtx SLI seems really choppy

Hi

[I can't seem to find any posts on this subject and 'SLI' doesn't return any hits, so apologies if this is already on here somewhere - I had seem post obliquely referencing problems]

I finally got my SLI 7800gtx rig working (DFI nf4 moboard, 4gb but reads only as 2.35gb), Apple 30 inch monitor.

I was running BF2 1.02 just fine in a window at 1600x1200 before the second card showed up; now with the second card it seems a lot slower. 3dmark05 reports pretty good results so I think the cards are fine.

I have the latest drivers 77.77.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

You enabled SLI properly?

Your motherboard, does it need you to swap anything over for it to recognise the second card?

Also sounds like your memory isnt configured properly.

Comment

Hi

The SLI function itself works fine in the display properties, and the 3dmark05 scores defintely indicate it is operational.

It's only BF2 that has this problem. I haven;t yet trying to disable SLI and seeing what I get, but that will be the next step.

I agree with you on fixing the memory, but that's a separate issue - it's weird that almost a gig dropped off when I put in the other card.

cheers

Comment

Are you sure you didnt dislodge anything when you installed the second card. Make sure everything is in right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad2k3
                          yes it is
                          especially next year when the 7800gtx "struggles" to play ut 2007 and your 850xt powers through it huh
                          hmm, did i say my card was better than a 7800 GTX... no i said my X850XT handles CURRENT games amazingly and that basically a 7800 GTX is only worth the dough if you have a good monitor ... no sh*t the 7800 will play next years games better its newer, has more pipes and features. Basically... why the hell buy a 7800 when you only can support 1024 or 1280 rez, a 6800GT can get much more than sufficient FPS at these resolutions, so basically, a 7800 GTX is not worth the upgrade (from a 6800 or X800 or last gens high end) at the moment, the price is to high to merit the 100 to 135 fps jump in current games and im definately keeping this card until it cant handle games at 1280x1024 with AA and AF, and i find it funny... the only people who took offence to my comment are 7800GTX owners... you sound like my friend, constantly trying to show me how his 7800 wipes the floor with my X850XT and hes yet to do it considering my comp runs FEAR SP DEMO, BF2 and anything else i thow at it constantly at or above my monitors 75hz refreshrate at 1280x1024 6xAA 16xAF all settings maxed... sounds like someones trying to justify the extra cost over a 6800GT which runs every game out today just beautifully and for at least 200 less than a 7800

Comment

I'm getting a new PC for christmas and it has a 7800 GTX. I hope it's as good as everyone sais it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince
                              I'm getting a new PC for christmas and it has a 7800 GTX. I hope it's as good as everyone sais it is.
                              it will be excellent, but you might want to wait for your graphics card choice, cuz by then ATI's next card will be out and most likely Nvidia will have a speed bump to match it so you could probably do better than a 7800 by then

Comment

I have a quick question actually. The motherboard is SLI ready on my new computer. It already come with one GTX, so when I upgrade can I stick another one into the SLI slot and have the power of duel GTX's?

Comment

Working...
                                X