Yay, 3.6ghz !!!!1!!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yay, 3.6ghz !!!!1!!!1

3.5ghz may be enough... but is the most you can get? That's why I like overclocking, you can always go further and faster.

What is the VID of your Q6600 (Use Coretemp to tell you)

Fanny about with these settings where applicable:

CPU Ratio: 9
    FSB: 400mhz
    PCIE frq: 100
    FSB Strap to NB: 333mhz
    DRAM Frq: 961mhz (P5Q won't boot with memory under 800mhz)
    DRAM timing: 5-5-5-15 (other settings auto)
    DRAM Static Read Control: Enabled
    DRAM Read Training: Enabled
    MEM OC Charger: Disabled
    AI Transaction Booster: Manual
    Common Performance Level: 08 (All pull-in's disabled)
    CPU Vcore: 1.4125v
    CPU GTL Voltage Reference (0/2): 0.630
    CPU GTL Voltage Reference (1/3): 0.670
    CPU PLL Voltage: 1.56
    FSB Termination Voltage: 1.28
    DRAM Voltage: 2.1
    NB Voltage: 1.3
    NB GTL Voltage: 0.630
    SB Voltage: 1.3
    PCIE SATA Voltage: 1.5
    Loadline Calibration: Enabled
    CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    CPU Clock Skew: Normal
    C1E Support: Disabled
    Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
    All others enabled.

Comment

1.2625 i think core temp lies thoe because its telling me now that im running at 2279.90 which is 379.98x6 ..WRONG..running at 38c

Comment

Did you turn off C1E and Speedstep?

Comment

im not sure i have that option on this board i just put it on manual rather then auto and went and changed the clock rates and the voltages..so i guess no is the answer.

it tells me in the bios what it runs at....

oh no..its skipping around clock rates....now it tells me with core temp its 3.1 then 3.419 etc etc...how the hell ya turn it off so it runs at one clock rate that is specified..i know that is a asus deal with clock changeing..

Comment

Yeah, that is Intel Speedstep throttling speeds.

You need to go into CPU options (not jumperfree) and turn off Intel speedstep (if it's there) and C1E Advanced Halt State

Comment

i was jsut reading about how to find it in the bios because its not that easy as some may think...evedently there is like 3 things to disable..

Comment

im gunna take some screens to show ya ..i got your clocks at lower voltages..way lower on some ends...
                same rashios with lower voltage..i think this p5k may have xtra settings in there..

Comment

The P5K may take slightly different voltages since the chipsets are different.

Comment

yes ..points up

truthfully i find the more you mess with the voltages on somethings this board, it gets fussy, rather then leave it at auto to let it adjust it self so it will properly volt it ...

Comment

"Auto" doesn't raise voltages though, it uses the recommended VID's. That's why voltages left on auto can hamper high end overclocks. Otherwise, no one would set them to manual.

With C1E disabled, the voltages and multipliers should fluctuate.

Comment

ill se ya later alex im gunna try to achieve my 4ghz today hopefully thanks

Comment

With that VID, you won't get 4ghz on air cooling. Max load temp for a Q6600 G0 is 70c. I hit that with 1.4125v which is just about enough to get me to 3.6ghz.

And, i have a low 1.25v VID :|:

Comment

i have pictures of me hitting it but it does not post into windows properly it always tells me that i got some currupt file even on a fresh install..thats why i say windows does not support 4 ghz properly ...im sory alex your wrong i hit 4 ghz with 1.4v.......on air cooling..../.

Comment

Yes, but it wasn't stable, that is the point. There is no such thing as "windows not supporting 4ghz". Your CPU was unstable and thus, it was probably corrupting the Windows boot files. At 1.4v, the CPU won't overheat, but it most certainly wasn't stable hence the corruption errors.

Same thing happened to me when i didn't have enough Vcore or SB voltage, it would tell me that some Windows files were corrupt. This happens when the CPU doesn't process them properly or something happens to them in the bus.

You'd get 4ghz out of that CPU. But in order to achieve that and have the CPU stable, you'd need more core voltage. The amount of voltage required would be 1.45v-1.5v and that is not feasible under air cooling.

Read my post carefully before jumping to conclusions

Comment

ok alex, i achieved 4 ghz on air..1.515v or so...runs at 54c on desktop without stress..LOL..what are the odds its gunna fail? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X