No announcement yet.

New Build (finally); Is it balanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Build (finally); Is it balanced?

Do u have to apply that paste frequently too, or just once?

Comment

Not frequently no..Shouldnt think so..After maybe a year might want to reaseat it...

Comment

Ok problem :

I nearly finished the build, but weird thing : there's no startup sound (the bip sound when you turn on ur comp). My case also doesn't have any 'speaker' plugs (along with PWR, Reset, LEDs, etc.) to plug into the 'speaker' connectors of the mobo. So that's pretty strange..

here's I took some pics of the cable layout (real nightmare), I did my best, but I finally forgot to put on the isolation cap between the main compartment and the PSU cage.. but that shouldn't be a prob..

hope you could help...

and about the thernal paste, I didn't manage to wipe out the stock one, so I just added the purchased paste along.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayflower View Post
          and about the thernal paste, I didn't manage to wipe out the stock one, so I just added the purchased paste along.
          Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!

Don't mix the two types of thermal paste, otherwise it won't perform at all. You need to remove the old stuff off the heatsink (and probably now the CPU if you've stuck them together).

You need to do this with isopropyl alcohol and some clothes :|:

Comment

Originally posted by Hellsent View Post
            Not frequently no..Shouldnt think so..After maybe a year might want to reaseat it...
            Please bare with me on this nub question,

Now i know this might sound noobish of meh, but does that apply to my comp as well? i mean do i have to apply the past like every yr or so? Thanks.

Comment

Ermmm..not sure..depends if ya temps get worse...Some thermal pastes will last ages..some need to be reaplied evry now and then..but im sure it will be fine..but reseating your HSF with new thermal paste is always fun..even is it doesnt change anything :P

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                Now i know this might sound noobish of meh, but does that apply to my comp as well? i mean do i have to apply the past like every yr or so? Thanks.
                For optimum performance, yes.

Comment

Oh good thanx Hellsent, Alex very much i will keep that in mind TGN always helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                    Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!

Don't mix the two types of thermal paste, otherwise it won't perform at all. You need to remove the old stuff off the heatsink (and probably now the CPU if you've stuck them together).

You need to do this with isopropyl alcohol and some clothes :|:
                    ok now im screwed

is it normal that the cpu heatsink is hard to mount as hell? I do press the legs into holes and turn 1/4 following the arrows, but they always get loose when I try to pull on them..

mobo gigabyte ds3p

Comment

Yup, that doesn't sound normal. It should just click in pretty easily. Just buy a £13 aftermarket cooler called the Arctic Freezer Pro LGA775.

Comment

Damn, I think im getting the hum.... how do you call that xX5n1per ? ... extreme computer bad luck?

anyway didn't take the chance, I removed the heatsink and cleaned it up then re-applied the MX2

hopefully, that will work

Comment

Hmm i get what you mean..My HSF was hard to put on for the first time..hell even about the third time i had troubles but after some moving about it went it..and also i have the freezer that alex recomennded and its darn good...for cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                            Yup, that doesn't sound normal. It should just click in pretty easily. Just buy a £13 aftermarket cooler called the Arctic Freezer Pro LGA775.
                            Thats some good advice i would go with that Mayflower.

Comment

Working...
                            X