• Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Up, j'adore

Comment

Surrogates

very good film imo

Comment

Fast and Furious, not the deepest of story lines, or the most realistic driving I've ever seen, but good fun. Also it was good to see Mr Diesel back in the franchise!

Comment

Slumdog millionare again. Stll pretty good.

Comment

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

Soooooooooooooooo awesome. In 3D which makes it even cooler. And it features the voice of Mr T. It's such a happy film :wee:

Comment

Surrogates, yesterday. I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

Comment

Surrogates... it was quite interesting.

I love movies that at least try to make you think or have some hidden meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                  District 9, was pretty good, bit hit and miss but still a decent film
                  D9 was as much "hit and hit" as any movie could get. Best science fiction movie since Aliens.

I saw Surrogates yesterday, and I place "I, Robot" far ahead of "Surrogates". The movie had one very serious technical problem and one experience-breaking plothole. Im not usually that bothered by minor plotholes, however this one reached moronic levels.

The flaw of Surrogates is that the movie and the action move faster than the viewer can chew the story, so youre constantly reviewing what happened, while always being behind whats happening "right now". "I, Robot"-s pacing was almost perfrect. "Surrogates" pacing is just broken.

And the plothole... If in the end, the command is given to block the user from their surrogate, how come Willis´ character could still push the button?

All in all. I am seriously disappointed as I was looking forward to this for a very long time. So now I have "Pandorum" to look forward to.

Comment

Chris, his Surrogate could hit the button because he was in control, commanded the thingy to press the button, then disconnected, all it was doing was asking him to confirm the shutdown... Then it would load, so he had time to do it!

Pandorum looks wierd imo :P

Comment

Originally posted by [GCA]Tim270
                      The hurt locker, didt really understand it, still a good watch all the same.
                      Me and Bob saw that literally a year before it came out lol. It's a bit confusing.

Comment

We watched Star Trek last night, I fell asleep :awes Seen it before though and it is epic.

Originally posted by Alex98uk
                        Me and Bob saw that literally a year before it came out lol. It's a bit confusing.
                        Mostly my theory was why the **** would you do half of that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                          Chris, his Surrogate could hit the button because he was in control, commanded the thingy to press the button, then disconnected, all it was doing was asking him to confirm the shutdown... Then it would load, so he had time to do it!

Pandorum looks wierd imo :P

SPOILERS AHEAD!

The way I understood was that they had to disconnect the users from the surrogates, which is why he turned to the "fat guy" in the first place, because he had the skills and the authorization to disconnect individuals, with a warrant. In order to save everyone, Willis´ character had to disconnect everyone. Which he did. And he asks twice if everyone will be safe once the virus fries the surrogates. Which it did.

I have to check it, just in case.

Comment

Meh, that part was a lil confusing

Good film though.

Comment

I think the point of it was that the "buffering" was designed to simply safegaurd the users from the surrogate virus when it activated not shut them all down instantly

Bruce Willis was hesitating over whether or not to safegaurd the actual surrogates themselves from damage which is what the Yes or No question was, he had to press Y before the virus etc activated, which is what the fat tech dude was telling him

alas he didn't press the button, the virus ran through the database and all the surrogates got shut down but no people were harmed

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
                                Mostly my theory was why the **** would you do half of that stuff.
                                The only thing I find confusing about that film is how the hell we managed to see it well before it was even in the cinema!

Comment

Working...
                                X