No announcement yet.

The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Battlefield 5 not suck complete ass? Did BF5 launch with only minor bugs? Do the patches for BF5 NOT re-introduce crash bugs that were previously fixed or add in new bugs like the secondary gunner seat in the IFV being unable to fire the damn gun?! Does Battlefield 5 fix the kill cam showing an enemy still alive with 0 health remaining?

Because man, I'd sure as hell LOVE Battlefield 5 if it was actually developed by a group that knew WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE DOING!

Comment

• Well, there were a lot of changes in Battlefield 5 due to community input. That, along with the new breed of gamers coming from games such as minecraft, demanded a easier to understand and less technical game that would run on new but less powerful hardware such as the raspberry Pi.

There are still bugs in BF5 though, but its understandable considering the amount of code it took to program. Most of the BF5 complaints centered around net-code, one shot kills, "blinking tanks" and bouncing tank shells off of walls.

Here is one screen from an epic tank battle from the ESL Pro 2016 world tournament finals featuring Germany vs the U.K.

Spoiler: 
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

• You joke now, but you know damn well that those bugs are not out of the realm of possibility for DICE. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the next BF4 patch introduced those exact bugs (and more, obviously).

Also, we all know how they're leaning towards catering to casual players. Battlefield 5's moves that you described are the next logical step.

At least Mantle will be able to run that just as smoothly as it does now. Even though HBAO is apparently disabled with Mantle enabled in BF4... and apparently offers the same relative framerate gains if you were to disable HBAO on Nvidia cards. Ha, whoops!

Comment

• Im liking all the Battlefront love posts starting to come out. Everything thinks its not going to have issues for some reason. I just dont get it.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

• Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
            Im liking all the Battlefront love posts starting to come out. Everything thinks its not going to have issues for some reason. I just dont get it.
            Can't tell if serious...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
              Can't tell if serious...
              Somewhat. I think Battlefront, published by EA, made by DICE, on Frostbite, is going to have issues on release. There are a lot of posts, now and again, about how its just going to be awesome and perfect.

Im sure it will be fun and maybe even awesome. I just see no reason why its going to be a perfect launch.

Comment

• Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                Somewhat. I think Battlefront, published by EA, made by DICE, on Frostbite, is going to have issues on release. There are a lot of posts, now and again, about how its just going to be awesome and perfect.

Im sure it will be fun and maybe even awesome. I just see no reason why its going to be a perfect launch.
                You know where my mind is at the moment? I read the total opposite of what you actually wrote originally. Hence my reply.

I seriously read it as "I'm liking all the Battlefront (hate) posts starting to come out. Everything thinks its () going to have issues for some reason. I just dont get it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
                  You know where my mind is at the moment? I read the total opposite of what you actually wrote originally. Hence my reply.

I seriously read it as "I'm liking all the Battlefront (hate) posts starting to come out. Everything thinks its () going to have issues for some reason. I just dont get it."
                  HAHAHA, I was confused. I mean, I am being somewhat serious and I hope the game comes out good, but I just dont see how.

Comment

• I just wish we would have Battlefield 2143. Without bugs ofc. OOps, now I remembered that all I wish is to have a new computer

Comment

• Yeah, with Battlefront becoming a mainstream game for EA, I have the feeling that 2143 is off the table.

They are putting a titan game mode in BF4 in Naval Strike. That will be interesting.

Comment

• I got a job! Yay! Maybe I can eventually join you all in suffering through battlefield 4.

Comment

• HORAY!

I would love for you to suffer with the rest of us!

Comment

• I have a PlayStation 4 now. I'm super, super ready for Infamous: Second Son and MGSV: Ground Zeroes. Just... all over my face, right now, please.

Also, this is the first Sony console I've personally owned since the PS2. I still love my 360 (and still have it hooked up) but I've really missed having a Sony console. I'm really disappointed there's no backwards compatibility with PS3 games on this because I missed out on all of the Uncharted games, actually playing The Last of Us (and not just watching a silent let's play on YouTube), MLB The Show, Journey, (re-playing my copy of) Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War, etc. etc...

Comment

• Really? I honestly had you pictured as a Playstation guy when not on PC...

But I'm a small minded PC gamer so that's probably why...

Comment

• Well, this escalated quickly:

You guys really want to know how to get those weapons early, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X