The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Cardio doesn't burn fat any better than weight lifting.

herp

Originally posted by alan aragon
    Originally posted by wave_length
    is it necessary for fat loss or can the same results (no significant difference) be achieved without it, given that the essential rules for fat loss are kept (protein, calories, strength training)?

Aside from the calories it burns, it offers nothing in terms of fat loss effects that bodybuilding-type weight training doesn't already cause. Therefore, cardio is a tool to be used only as necessary for the individual's athletic goals & personal preference. It's not this mandatory thing that everyone needs to do in order to lose fat. It's an option that's available to you if you're not where you want to be in terms of leanness and you are a) maxed out in terms of productive resistance training volume or b) maxed out in terms of caloric intake reduction. Both of those variables will differ across individuals. I talk a little more about my views on cardio in this interview with simply shredded.

Comment

If I drop out of uni I wil be in over £5k of debt...But the work is just overwhelming...

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
        Isnt that guy just Waah waah with another account?thats what i thought lol
        that account is going bye bye. It's usually bad form to circumvent a ban by making a new account.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Hellsent 2.0
          If I drop out of uni I wil be in over £5k of debt...But the work is just overwhelming...
          Dont do it. Keep working at it and make the sacrifices necessary to finish.

And remember; What do you call a doctor who graduated at the bottom of his class? You call him Doctor.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I ****ing hate having arm rests on my computer chair.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Dont do it. Keep working at it and make the sacrifices necessary to finish.

And remember; What do you call a doctor who graduated at the bottom of his class? You call him Doctor.

Crunch
              Very true statement.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                We usually call him "Sir" or "Major."

Comment

LOL, that works too

Crunch

Comment

There's a difference between muscle strength and muscle size.

Comment

Must......resist.....bad...pun......

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                        In case you haven't noticed, the two are very correlated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrix
                          That's not the idea of swimming, it's cardio exercise, burn fat.
                          But whales are fat?

Originally posted by jake_
                          Must resist pun too lol, But seriously tendons and bone length(falcrum) will help you be strong for the ladies also hehe.

waaah_wah- good to see you back, If anything i said upset you i am sorry. It would have been ment as a friendly raz and us Aussies can be cheeky devils.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                            But whales are fat?

Must resist pun too lol, But seriously tendons and bone length(falcrum) will help you be strong for the ladies also hehe.
                            What?

waaah_wah- good to see you back, If anything i said upset you i am sorry. It would have been ment as a friendly raz and us Aussies can be cheeky devils.
                            Lulz, the day I get upset over something a random guy wrote on a forum, I will drown myself in the sink.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                              In case you haven't noticed, the two are very correlated.
                              However he is still correct. Muscle size doesnt signify the strength of that muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                                However he is still correct. Muscle size doesnt signify the strength of that muscle.
                                Well, yeah, if you're a retard who's taking those pills that put water in your muscle.

Comment

Working...
                                X