Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The "Random Thoughts" Thread

Originally posted by CaptainKirk
    Top score is a 36. A 32 is really easy to get. No calc, just trig. Trig: SohCahToa. That is all. (And maybe the unit circle)
    I wouldn't say that 32 is easy to get. The 50th percentile is like.... 23 or something. I got 26 in 2003 or 2004 (I've forgotten a bit ) and that was like the 90th percentile. I got 33 in 2008 and that was the 99th percentile. You definitely need to get over 30-32 (or something comparable on the SAT). though, for any chance of getting into a good private school, otherwise it's highly unlikely that they will even look at your file even if all the other details are great.

Comment

I heard the ACT was easier than SAT's. Soo... yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

SAT's aren't that bad either.

Comment

I was expecting to be **** faced, im not. I did snort some sherbert tho, not the powder, the grainy ****, it hurt like a mother ****er.

Comment

Did you cut it with glucose? D:

Comment

Originally posted by Will
            But isn't the perfect score on the ACT a 32? And doesn't the ACT have calc and trig Which I haven't done in school yet?
            What grade are you in? If you're a Junior (which is when most people take the ACT) and haven't done Triangle Trig yet, you're gonna have a rough time.

As far as Calc goes, the ACT and SAT don't have any Calculus. Most students don't take Calculus in high school, they take it in College, and unless they're a gifted math student or plan on a technical major (Business, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Science) a lot of students take "College Algebra" before they take Calculus I.

Comment

Originally posted by AlecJ32
              What grade are you in? If you're a Junior (which is when most people take the ACT) and haven't done Triangle Trig yet, you're gonna have a rough time.

As far as Calc goes, the ACT and SAT don't have any Calculus. Most students don't take Calculus in high school, they take it in College, and unless they're a gifted math student or plan on a technical major (Business, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Science) a lot of students take "College Algebra" before they take Calculus I.
              Yeah I guess i'll wait till I take trig next year. As for calc, a large number of students as juniors actually take calc .

But wait, if you take the ACT more then once, do they average it?

Comment

Yeah I guess i'll wait till I take trig next year. As for calc, a large number of students as juniors actually take calc .

But wait, if you take the ACT more then once, do they average it?
                Nope. You can choose which score to send to colleges too.

I took both the SAT and ACT in the 7th/8th grades for admission to some summer courses at a university. I didn't send those scores to any of the schools I applied to (I retook them my senior year). :wee:

Comment

It may be a large number, but it's a very small percentage when compared to the high school student body as a whole. I don't know what would give you the idea that tons of people take Calc, because most people don't.

Comment

This thread has sucked for the past several pages.

Comment

Nothing to do in this **** little town.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                        This thread has sucked for the past several pages.
                        Couldn't agree more.

Comment

I tried to make it more fun with my sherbert snorting antics but eduction seemed to be more interesting. You cant snort education, imagine if you could tho. High on knowlege followed by two days of come down that induces dumbness. Id do it.

Comment

Anyone see paranormal activity?

Comment

Originally posted by [IF]1|Sir.Hendrix
                              I tried to make it more fun with my sherbert snorting antics but eduction seemed to be more interesting. You cant snort education, imagine if you could tho. High on knowlege followed by two days of come down that induces dumbness. Id do it.
                              God bless you sir for trying, it was necessary.

Comment

Uncharted 2 multiplayer

AWESOME

Comment

Working...
                                X