TGN Podcast Episode #24 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGN Podcast Episode #24 Released

The latest episode of the Total Gaming Network Podcast has been released today. Here's what this newest episode covers:
    This week's podcast covers a wide variety of topics, but doesn't answer one simple question - did Andre shed a tear in light of Tuesday's election results? We weren't able to pry the answer out of him, but maybe you can.

Anyway, enjoy this week's podcast. We are on schedule now to do a weekly podcast again (thanks to the end of some long days and nights) and look forward to reaching the quarter-century mark next week.

TGN Podcast #24: Did You Cry?

03:10 - Fallout 3 Review
    18:35 - Guitar Hero World Tour Review
    27:46 - Left 4 Dead Demo released
    35:33 - Mirror's Edge: Runner Video
    36:39 - Enjoy Your Games
    39:00 - 4,000 Copies of Age of Conan Stolen
    44:36 - Game Burning LAN Party
    51:40 - Most Gamers Shop Wal-Mart First
    55:21 - Outtakes

Be sure to listen to this podcast and stay tuned to the feed! Feel free to post your feedback in this thread. You can also post any suggestions or ideas for the podcast in this forum.

Re: TGN Podcast Episode #24 Released

You might want to actually post a link to the Podcast, instead of letting us find it

Comment

fixed.

Comment

What I feel polarizes people listening to the podcasts is that the timeline given to the listener is vaguely followed. There are tangents and side stories that take the forefront. Some people like that you guys will talk freely about what you think is relevant or sometimes irrelevant, but I would prefer you guys try to stick to the set schedule a little more stringently. Also, could you upload past podcasts to Itunes? I don't like traversing through TGN just to find a link to one podcast, so putting all the files on your Itunes would alleviate my difficulties in finding and then listening to the older ones. Thanks TGN for doing such a great job!

Comment

If im not mistaken tgn podcast is already on iTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by randomduded12
            What I feel polarizes people listening to the podcasts is that the timeline given to the listener is vaguely followed. There are tangents and side stories that take the forefront. Some people like that you guys will talk freely about what you think is relevant or sometimes irrelevant, but I would prefer you guys try to stick to the set schedule a little more stringently. Also, could you upload past podcasts to Itunes? I don't like traversing through TGN just to find a link to one podcast, so putting all the files on your iTunes would alleviate my difficulties in finding and then listening to the older ones. Thanks TGN for doing such a great job!
            The Podcast is on iTunes. You can subscribe and download all the old episodes. Download some of the early ones at your own risk. During the early days we were still trying to figure out what kind of podcast we were going to be so they were a little rough. You may want to start around episode 7.

Regarding the schedule, I agree somewhat that we drift a little off our planned topics. If you think we drift too much in the edited version you should hear what I edit out. Also the times I list with the podcast are sort of a guide. A spot you can jump to if you want to hear a certain topic. I enter the times after editing the podcast and it is not exact. I try to point you to a general spot when we start talking about a topic. However, I can understand how the times listed can be a little misleading. If it states we are going to talk about the L4D demo at 27:26 and we talk about what happen with the election for 5 mins that can be frustrating. I will try to get the timing to be more exact for you all, but I cannot promise we will not drift off topic. It is like herding cats at times, but some people say that is the charm of the podcast and some do not listen for that reason. It is hard to please everyone.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for listening. We want to make the podcast better so we really appreciate your feedback. If you plan to subscribe via iTunes it would be great if you can write a review there. Listen to a few more episodes and then let everyone there know what you think (good or bad). :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
              If im not mistaken tgn podcast is already on iTunes.
              I meant older podcasts because I can only find two of the newer ones on Itunes. I'll upload a pic showing the two that I can find. I don't want you guys to feel contricted by deadlines and I enjoy listening to some of the tangents taken, so I just ask for a little more stringency or accuracy in the timeline, but you can still pontificate about the election or whatever. So, thanks for responding so quickly and alleviating my doubts.

Comment

Could someone else that uses iTunes verify this? (I don't.)

Comment

From the looks of it, only 23 and 24 are up on iTunes.

Comment

Yeah we do have one of those shows in the UK, on once a month. It would be epic if it was on there :awes

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma View Post
                      Yeah we do have one of those shows in the UK, on once a month. It would be epic if it was on there :awes
                      Alex and Oli don't listen to the podcast I think. :|:

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                        From the looks of it, only 23 and 24 are up on iTunes.
                        I looked at the Podcast feed in iTunes and confirmed there are only two episodes listed. I believe when the new version of iTunes was released it screwed up our feed or maybe they were doing some house keeping and purged a bunch of old episodes. I will look into updating the feed. However, if you want to get all the episodes you can get them in other ways.

1. I have all the episodes on TGN Files. I can add you as a friend so you can download them.

2. You can add this feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/TotalGamingNetworkPodcast) directly to iTunes so it downloads. I am not sure how you add it in iTunes, I use the Zune software and it is very easy there.

Again, thanks for listening. Send me a PM if you want me to add you to our TGN Files group.

Comment

Originally posted by TGN|Delta1
                          I looked at the Podcast feed in iTunes and confirmed there are only two episodes listed. I believe when the new version of iTunes was released it screwed up our feed or maybe they were doing some house keeping and purged a bunch of old episodes. I will look into updating the feed. However, if you want to get all the episodes you can get them in other ways.

1. I have all the episodes on TGN Files. I can add you as a friend so you can download them.

2. You can add this feed (http://feeds.feedburner.com/TotalGamingNetworkPodcast) directly to iTunes so it downloads. I am not sure how you add it in iTunes, I use the Zune software and it is very easy there.

Again, thanks for listening. Send me a PM if you want to add you to our TGN Files group.
                          To add the feed to iTunes you go:
                          Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast > (Enter URL here)

iTunes used to have just about all of them from Episode 8 and onwards, as I subscribed from about then.

Great stuff guys :thumbsup:

Comment

If this already exists, I apologize, but I couldn't find it....

It would be nice if there was some sort of "archived podcasts" page/thread here on TGN, with simple links to previous shows so you can either just click on them to listen, or right-click/save-target-as to download the mp3. Nothing fancy, just "title" - "link".

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                              If this already exists, I apologize, but I couldn't find it....

It would be nice if there was some sort of "archived podcasts" page/thread here on TGN, with simple links to previous shows so you can either just click on them to listen, or right-click/save-target-as to download the mp3. Nothing fancy, just "title" - "link".
                              We do not, but we will work on getting it setup in the Podcast forum.

Good suggestion :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                              X