TGN Podcast Episode #15 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGN Podcast Episode #15 Released

The latest episode of the Total Gaming Network Podcast has been released today. Here's what this newest episode covers:
    We're back from our holiday hiatus and we LOTS to talk about! Fortunately, the stars and moons aligned so we were able to get some help on the show for this week. It's been a lengthy serious of negotiations with his people, but we have another special guest from TGN on board this week. Manzi !!

Manzi and the crew chat about the news on TGN but also have a really in-depth look at the changes made to TGN around the Systems Forums and E3. There's a little pandering to get TGN out to E3 next year, but since we didn't see our names on the invite list... still looking... nope not there - we do the next, best thing and talk about all the great news from E3. Of course, there are some good outtakes at the end so, enjoy! Don't forget to subscribe to our feed on FeedBurner:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TotalGamingNetworkPodcast

3:12 - Activision Blizzard Deal Finally Finished
    5:30 - QuakeCon 2008 Tournaments Announced
    9:19 - Unreal Retrospective Part Three
    11:33 - TGL Summer Mini-Leagues
    15:16 - 21st Century Warfare Campaign 22 Coming Soon
    17:29 - TGN - System Specific Forum Section Opens
    18:43 - E3 PC News
    27:23 - E3 PS3 News
    31:50 - E3 Wii News
    37:40 - E3 Xbox 360 News
    47:51 - CS Nation now part of TGN
    51:14 - Outtakes

Be sure to listen to this podcast and stay tuned to the feed! Feel free to post your feedback in this thread. You can also post any suggestions or ideas for the podcast in this forum.

Re: TGN Podcast Episode #15 Released

Bleh, we didn't get invited to E3... Boo!

I'm listening now; this'll be an interesting discussion with Manzi since he's always on top of the news.

Comment

Ugh I hate my own voice when I first hear it lol I always do when Im interviewed.

Well it seems that the computer I was on (the extra Pentium III) didn't enjoy Skype and that explains why my voice kept sounding laggy and choppy (or delta sucked at editing haha just kidding)

But I was glad to come on even though I felt I could have done a better job presenting the news and myself on the podcast (first time jitters or whatever they call it)

Now that you've gotten me on go PM another staff member non stop to get them on!

Comment

Manzi you will soon be a full time member. :thumbsup:

We are looking forward to podcasting live from the farm.

You did a good job. You are being too hard on yourself.

The podcast is just for fun. Nothing serious, we are talking about games not politics.

Comment

I do intend to bring my shock-mounted microphone to Quakecon so TGN can have up to the minute news coverage of all things Quakecon.

Comment

I used to want to go to E3 so badly. But that was a few years back before they changed the whole show. Invite only, a lot less "fun." Not to say I still wouldn't jump at the opportunity if I was offered it!

Ohhh woo, CS-Nation mentioned! (I haven't listened to the whole podcast yet, so I've no idea what was said about the site )

Comment

Originally posted by Webs961 View Post
              I do intend to bring my shock-mounted microphone to Quakecon so TGN can have up to the minute news coverage of all things Quakecon.
              Streaming Video Coverage would be sweet webzy!

Think about that. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
                Ugh I hate my own voice when I first hear it lol I always do when Im interviewed.

Well it seems that the computer I was on (the extra Pentium III) didn't enjoy Skype and that explains why my voice kept sounding laggy and choppy (or delta sucked at editing haha just kidding)

But I was glad to come on even though I felt I could have done a better job presenting the news and myself on the podcast (first time jitters or whatever they call it)

Now that you've gotten me on go PM another staff member non stop to get them on!
                Manzi

It was great to hear from you!

Do not worry manzi you did a great job and and we thank you for that.
                :salute::salute::salute:

Comment

lol manzi likes pop-tarts

hows life on the farm?

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Tim
                    lol manzi likes pop-tarts

hows life on the farm?
                    winter of 06.

<object width="450" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://backend.deviantart.com/embed/view.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="id=64203978&width=1337" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://backend.deviantart.com/embed/view.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" flashvars="id=64203978&width=1337" height="385" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/64203978/">Mr.Goodbar's Revenge IV</a> by ~<a class="u" href="http://kmanzi08.deviantart.com/">kmanzi08</a> on <a href="http://www.deviantart.com">deviant</a><a href="http://www.deviantart.com">ART</a>

Comment

I don't use podcasts very often, so I'm not overly familiar with them and this may be a dumb question...usually I can find some sort of "download" button so that I can save the file to my PC and listen to it later (transfer it to my Zen player, etc), but I don't see a button/link for the TGN casts.

Is there a way to download these audio files to desktop instead of streaming them?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                        I don't use podcasts very often, so I'm not overly familiar with them and this may be a dumb question...usually I can find some sort of "download" button so that I can save the file to my PC and listen to it later (transfer it to my Zen player, etc), but I don't see a button/link for the TGN casts.

Is there a way to download these audio files to desktop instead of streaming them?
                        Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

it says listen now you have to right click and tell it to download heres the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
                          http://feeds.feedburner.com/TotalGamingNetworkPodcast

it says listen now you have to right click and tell it to download heres the link.
                          Sexcellent. Thanks muchly. :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                            Sexcellent. Thanks muchly. :thumbsup:
                            You get to go on the podcast next!

(that would be cool)

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
                              You get to go on the podcast next!

(that would be cool)
                              I dunno - we have strict limitations on the number of Canadians we can come in contact with...

Comment

Working...
                              X