Modern Warfare 2 Review (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Review (PC)

It's sold millions only because of the Xbox 360 and in part to the PS3. And yes, $10 is an absurd premium on games that always cost $50 on the PC when there is no need for any such premium. Period.

You really don't get it at all.

Comment

What's there to get? Have games always costed $50 on the PC? Or were they once $40, or $30, I'm pretty sure they haven't been $50 since the first PC video game was released. But I'm sure people were "outraged" when prices went up then too..

Your opinion says $10 is an absurd premium, mine doesn't.

What you don't get, is that I'm not trying to make excuses for IW and Activision, I'm simply saying "Get over it". Things change, prices of games go up, theres no sense in getting your panties in a bunch, its $10, but your right, I guess $10 is outrageous...

Comment

Originally posted by DarK'
        I believe I made the greed point also.

And I'll sneeze at $10 if I want to. $10 is nothing, its not going to break bank.
        And there is where I lost all faith in any valid argument from you. Just have fun buying absurdly priced games with poor support and few features, it's exactly what IW wants.

Comment

Lol, and again I'm not arguing the fact that the game has flaws. I'm arguing the fact that I personally don't feel that $10 is that outrageous. Especially when MW2 isn't the only PC game priced at $60.

Comment

Lol, and again I'm not arguing the fact that the game has flaws. I'm arguing the fact that I personally don't feel that $10 is that outrageous. Especially when MW2 isn't the only PC game priced at $60.
            You know, I hope you enjoy being Activision's lap dog. You're exactly the type of person Bobby Kotick had in mind when he made it quite clear he's setting out to nickle and dime the PC gaming community and you're just quite content with that fact.

Comment

Please don't refer to me as a "lap dog", I don't take to being demeaned lightly, regardless of who you are.

Lol, who said anything about me being content with his statements or his reasoning for raising the price $10, I'm just saying its not that much to be consider outrageous. If everyone felt that way, why did you buy the game? If I'm considered a lap dog because I feel that $10 isn't alot, then surely everyone who bought the game, would be too, no? I feel so.

Comment

Please don't refer to me as a "lap dog", I don't take to being demeaned lightly, regardless of who you are.

Lol, who said anything about me being content with his statements or his reasoning for raising the price $10, I'm just saying its not that much to be consider outrageous. If everyone felt that way, why did you buy the game? If I'm considered a lap dog because I feel that $10 isn't alot, then surely everyone who bought the game, would be too, no? I feel so.
                Sorry bud, but the truth hurts and your statements really do make you come off as a simple lap dog.

I did not pay for MW2 but I do legally own it. If I did not get it for free (nobody had to pay a cent for me to own this game either) I would not pay for it nor would I ever request anybody to buy it for me. A $10 premium on a completely butchered experience is inexcusable in this day and age.

And no, do not assume that everyone who bought the game did so with a smile on their face and not one qualm about the additional $10 fee. There are countless reasons why the game was purchased on the PC. Some do fall in your camp where they do not care. Many others care greatly about it but they still begrudgingly purchased the game hoping the game would be worth it. For some of those people it was worth it, for others it was not.

Do not speak for everyone in absolute terms.

Comment

Whichever, your opinion is simply that, an opinion. Same goes for mine.

I was coerced to buy the game, not because I cared the price was $10 more, but because I was willing to boycott the game for as long as possible. But my friends were playing, and I didn't want to be left out. Quite frankly I didn't even take notice of the price raise until now, I didn't know it was $10 more.

For me, $10 is not a lot, doesn't make me a lap dog, just makes me more well off than you and willing to not complain about a $10 raise in price.

Truth doesn't hurt, when its not really truth, and just someones opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bogie170
                    I agree with the review except multiplayer.

I would give MP 4/10. IW have gone backwards. They are palming off a lazy xbox mp port.

COD means big wars and they have gone small. They need to be looking at Base assault on CODUO and adapting it to the MW environment then the MP might be a decent experience. But we all know that will never happen on ****ty listen servers.
                    Matchmaking sucks and **** ping sucks.

Piss poor MP = 4/10

And yes I have played it and its boring.
                    Right on dude.They do need to go big.UO was the best.This is indeed a step backwards.

Comment

Lawl, yea everyone was outraged post-no dedi servers announcement, but before hand everyone was like on the edge of their seats waiting for the game. And don't pretend for one second we weren't.
                      After Deus ex 2, I take every game release with apprehension. Nothing is guaranteed in life, in games it's no different.Except for a few companies, blizzard being the biggest one IMO, there is always even a mediocre or bad game, I personally didn't like warcraft 3's multi player.

That's exactly the reason the price was raised $10. The whole PC version of the game is exactly like the consoles, so why not the price also? The whole reason IW.net was made, was so that there was match making in the PC vers, same as the console. Only seemed fair to make the price the same as well, after all your buying the same product, just for a different platform.
                      Almost every consoles is sold at a loss to the company, the Wii was the first one I know of that wasn't and their games are cheaper. PC's of course have never been, you are paying full price for your hardware. there isn't a fee or governing body like there is for the console companies. Games are where consoles make most of that money back, and of course accessories. The system is the gateway to the profit, it's very much like a crack dealer giving a discount on the lighter and spoon. And PC gamers don't think we wouldn't fall for the same thing, if a videocard was half price but games were $10 or $20 more, no one would complain.

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
                      It's also the reason why it's BS that DLC is already planned on having a cost associated with it on the PC while most other games do NOT have a fee for PC DLC when released across multiple platforms.
                      This argument isn't just. We all know the DLC have been free only because of sponsorship, another reason they are delayed. And if you slammed 3 DLC packs together, it would be $30 for 12 more maps. That sounds like a expansion of old days. However a expansion is a fairly big commitment post launch. DLC are bite sized expansions, perhaps a little lighter on content, but much less of a risk if no ones buying. It just makes better business sense, I usually side for the art, but on that one I give the suits a pass on this.

Yes some PC companies have been generous enough to go back and release patches with content for free. However to delude your self into thinking that's how is suppose to be is the definition of entitlement.

I know MW2, has been a big issue in the gaming community. And love it or hate it it's clearly a success with some people, for the moment at least. However we all can't have the same taste, if it's truly a art and not just entertainment we all can't agree all the time, heck we don't agree on entertainment either.

Comment

In Australia this game costed $99 AUD, this is a typical price for a video game on PC, Xbox is about the same but PS3 was $109.99 I have seen.
                        You guys are lucky it costs you alot less.

Comment

you might not think $10 is that much money but it sets a precedent and shows that essentially you are willing to pay more money for an inferior product

I don't see the logic in that

in the UK if you walk into a high street store MW2 is priced at £39.99 on PC (don't get me started on the console costs). Typical PC games are released at the sub £30 level, with some stingy stores chanrging £35

going online you don't see MW2 at any significantly reduced price, or at the same level that other newly released games are

So why is MW2 priced higher? Because its better than these other titles? HA

no, its because Activision know they can milk those £££ udders until they are dry

Comment

Actually, there are plenty of other PC games with the same price tag.

So by complaining about the price being raised $10, but still going out and buying it, makes all the more difference than saying I'm ok with paying $10 more?

Proves my point, that no matter what, the only way to have given them a message, would have been to not buy the game at all, instead of empty complaints and crys of "boycott" and yet still going out and buying this "overpriced" game anyways.

Comment

Actually, there are plenty of other PC games with the same price tag.
                              Yeah, collectors editions, compilations box sets and anything a retail/ online store has marked up higher than anyone else. The only games that are marked anywhere for more than $50 that I can find and are neither a CE or box set are games by Activision. I just saw that Diablo 3 is marked as $60 at gamestop, guess who is the publisher...

You lost your argument a long time ago. You have just been trying to come up with reasons why Infinity Ward and Activision are not bad companies full of people making bad or greedy decisions, but you failed to do so. You have been trying to discredit peoples opinions because they say or think something you don't agree with (granted others have done the same to you, but you have been pushing it to try to make your "point").

Please, just stop, you are becoming a troll and probably don't even realize it. I'm bad for even feeding you.

Comment

I never said Activision or IW are or aren't bad companies. If you read all my posts, I'm arguing that I myself, don't think $10 is outrageous. Whether EA, Ubisoft, Konami, Activision, or any other game developer raised the price $10 on their game, my argument would still be the same.

It just so happens I'm using MW2 as an example.

I'm pushing my point, because obviously people don't read into what someone is trying to say and just read what they want to read.

And I didn't "lose" my argument, because I don't see this as a competition, I'm not trying to win or lose. I see your points, why can't anyone see mine? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X