Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlefield 2142 Confirmed

Originally posted by kamandor
    Way too soon, way too soon, way too soon.

They're going to kill the BF2 community. I sincerely hope they delay the release, make the game much more diverse and complex than it appears to be for release, and then release it in Spring 2007 - a full 2 years after BF2, like it should be.

Right now it just looks like a glorified BF2 mod. Sure they've got stuff mods will never be able to have, but that is to be expected. What's not is such an early release, a rushed game, and weak content. I really hope EA doesn't shove this one out the door to capitalize on the popularity of BF2. Gah.

And I'm also opposed to jumping so far into the future. Why not a BF 2072 or something, with slightly more advanced weapons than now, instead of ridiculous mechs and lazers. EA is killing an oppourtunity here, but we'll see.
    I agree, when I first saw this I thought it was just a bf2 mod and then I found out that it was going to be a totally different game. They should wait and make something that will blow the previous games away like bf2 did. It looked just like bf2 graphics wise, they should wait until they can make it with super good graphics and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickhaus
      I wonder if people will be able to fire their futuristic weapon while jumping in the air? It would seem like by the year 2142 that we, as evolved humans, will have created the ability to use our finger and leg muscles at the same time. Hopefully, eventually, we'll get that whole, 'rub your tummy and pat your head' thing down.
      that's pretty good... lol

Comment

I personally hope they do not make the game, so that people stop complaining about how crappy it 'will' be. Matter of fact I hope all game companies stop making sequels to games, that way no one can compare new games with the ones that came before them.

2142 is coming out 15 months after the release of BF2. OMg you are all right, EA should have created a new entire game engine for BF2142 in 15 months, yep, just like all of the other game dev's can. (valve, id, who was making duke nukem again?) <= sarcasm

Anyways, it looks like it will be a fun game, I never cared for mechs, but since there will be a role for the foot soilder and the guys in truck things, I look forward to this game. If it creates fun times and cool stories to discuss at work with the other BF2 players then thats all I need. I'll feel better about that 50 bucks then the 50+ bucks ill have to spend on gas every week come Fall 2006.

Comment

Working...
        X