Battlefield 2142 Confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2142 Confirmed

There is a new community update posted today over at the <a href="http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp" target="_blank">Official Battlefield 2</a> website regarding the video released yesterday and the confirmation of <b>Battlefield 2142</b>. Here's what they had to say:
    Today we have some really big news to share with you. The more sniper-eyed of you out there will probably already know, but we're currently hard at work developing "Battlefield 2142", which is scheduled for release this Autumn. As you'll have guessed, this is a departure for the BF series as we're going into the future - something that a lot of you wanted to see happen in the BF universe. We're creating a ton of cool features that you won't have seen in any BF before, including cloaking devices, mines that follow you, awesome new rifles, guns and grenades, and of course, MECHS! We're developing this here in DICE Stockholm while the DICE Canada studio will be hard at work on a 1.3 update for Battlefield 2, as well as the Armoured Fury Booster Pack.

There'll be an "official" press release later on this week but we know that you guys need to know first. Stay tuned and we'll keep you posted on how 2142 is coming along.

The BF2142 Team

Well for all those who didn't believe it true, start believing! Battlefield 2142 is on the way. Be sure to stay locked here for more news on this upcoming title as it becomes available.

Re: Battlefield 2142 Confirmed

I did not know I wanted a futurisked battlefield? So.....why work on anymore booster packs, if by the fall, there will be no more additions to the game. Hopefully the stat padders will go to the 2142 and the real warriors will remain.

Comment

Great stuff!

Comment

Damn, EA must be out of money to rush this game out

Comment

Did you all know that EA is merging with DICE?

Comment

Well it appears that they are still out of money, poor EA/DICE

Comment

Sad stuff... If we were all reading this 1-2 years down the road, and were getting somewhat sick of regular BF2, I can see being really excited.

Comment

How can they be out of money, they are getting fat ass cash from renting ranked servers, probably hundreds of thousands a month for all those ranked servers.

Comment

Great looking game

Comment

Ok, that's the first and last time I'm ever gonna mod an EA game.
                    I'm just gonna finish up my work at Eve of Destruction and then find a better engine to mod.
                    I'm sick of this **** with them always making a new game when we're in the middle of modding the other game.
                    ****ers!

Comment

I never for a moment wanted BF to go into the future, I'd like to know where they got this impression from the community.

Well, lets wait and see, but my initial impressions on how EA is pumping out BF games is very negative.

Also, why didn't they call it BF3? BF2142 is a ridiculous thing to have to type, almost as bad as UT2007. Infact it is as bad.

Comment

Wow, I was watching the video and there is invisibility and other stuff! I can't wait for this to come out

Comment

This is totally stupid. EA cannot just release a new game in Fall when BF2 is in poor shape already....

Comment

Why even release this? Another game on an unfinished engine... Makes me sad :cry:

And also a year after BF2? Guess its over for me as a BF player then.

Comment

Way too soon, way too soon, way too soon.

They're going to kill the BF2 community. I sincerely hope they delay the release, make the game much more diverse and complex than it appears to be for release, and then release it in Spring 2007 - a full 2 years after BF2, like it should be.

Right now it just looks like a glorified BF2 mod. Sure they've got stuff mods will never be able to have, but that is to be expected. What's not is such an early release, a rushed game, and weak content. I really hope EA doesn't shove this one out the door to capitalize on the popularity of BF2. Gah.

And I'm also opposed to jumping so far into the future. Why not a BF 2072 or something, with slightly more advanced weapons than now, instead of ridiculous mechs and lazers. EA is killing an oppourtunity here, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X