This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSXSecurity: Under Investigation

MSXSecurity has been placed under investigation by EA Games for making a series of hacking utilitys that give players an unfair advantage on ranked and unranked BF2 servers. These hacks have been found to pass every <a href="http://www.punkbuster.com/">PunkBuster</a> check to date.<br><br>EA has yet to release an offical statement on this, but a few of their developers and public reps have stated this in the EA online forums:<blockquote>The problem seems to be the way PB handles textures, which is allowing these hackers to create hacks that punkbuster is unable to detect. What makes things worse at the moment is there hacks are using some new code which changes the hacks MD5 on every load, making each users hack unique, and making it near impossible for PB to simply ban based on the hack MD5.</blockquote>We can only hope that EA / EvenBalance does a speedy release to fix this problem.

Re: MSXSecurity: Under Investigation

Hope they get this straightened out soon, it sucks that hacking is starting to grow in this game

Comment

Ummm.. its cool that you found out that they're being investigated, but is it a good idea to show everyone a hacker's web site that makes hacks that cant be caught??

Comment

I guess everyone on the site now knows where to get cheats, in case they didn't before...

Comment

Bad idea to post that site in a news on such a big BF2 site like TotalBF2...

Comment

The hacks aren't available publically. It was requested that we leave the link up anyway.

Comment

OK. Do you really think that someone that really wants to cheat would not be able to find it with any of the search engines out there. Ease off.

This really sucks that people devote their talent to figure out how to cheat.

I can likely find and have known of many, many cheats for all the FPS games I have ever played. I choose not to join those childish scum. It is called integrity. Doing the right thing when no one is watching. These people don't have any of this. Probably couldn't even spell it.

Place these people in the class of scum taking advantage of those displaced because of the hurricane in Louisiana

Comment

Those sort of texture hacks have been there for every BF version so far, PB can't detect that, but it's not all that special either.

Comment

So, someone who actually knows the answer to this, answer it for me:

Can EA actually sue the people who run that site, and then send a scary email to all of thier members?

Of course they need to fix the hack (PB is crap, the only reason it works is because it updates, but this hack seems to get around PB completely), but if they actually sued the guys who ran the site, made the hack, and maybe even those who used the hack for EULA violations, then maybe people would actually think twice before hacking.

Comment

Originally posted by GameWizard
                    The hacks aren't available publically. It was requested that we leave the link up anyway.
                    All you gotta do is pay the guy a few bucks and you get all his cheats. You're showing people where to get PB proof cheats, and confirming that PB is unable to fight the cheats (i.e. people will get what they pay for). Seems like something really irresponsible for totalbf2 to post

Comment

bugga, i hope no one uses those hacks, i dont understand why ppl do things like this (make hacks/use hacks), maybe its to make up for there own lack of skill:laugh: so they have to cheat to beat everyone else, but i hope that EA makes sumthing that if detects u using a hack, it erases ur BFHG stats to teach those hacker not to use hacks, but thats a little extreme, i hope EA can fix this, or maybe they should try a different program, like for Counterstrike:Soure, they use VAC and it seems to work well

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                        All you gotta do is pay the guy a few bucks and you get all his cheats. You're showing people where to get PB proof cheats, and confirming that PB is unable to fight the cheats (i.e. people will get what they pay for). Seems like something really irresponsible for totalbf2 to post
                        Agreed!

Like a banned number 1 record, this is pure publicity for there site.

Comment

yeh but i do hope the get it sorted out soon. atleast we know there doing somert ?

Comment

Every cheat, every file has an MD5 signature. Most anti-cheat publishers, they download a cheat or whatnot, and they add the files MD5 to their database... When that MD5 is matched in a game, the player gets kicked. That's just how PB works.

I hate to say it but it's quite obvious that evenbalance/PB has told EA something along the lines of "Look, we use MD5 signatures to detect our hacks, always have, and since these files change their MD5 every round, we really can't do **** about it".

It's pretty unfortunate, but that's the fact. These hack makers have hit a home run for the cheating community. It's essentially a new private hack every round. PB has always used MD5 detection since it's early days in counter-strike. It's never been more sophisticated than that to detect some private hacks that haven't been released, and evenbalance has come to find that even though they can get their hands on those VIP or whatever hacks, they can't stop them.

I hate to say it, but EA is to this MD5-changing hack system as what the RIAA is to chasing napster/MP3s back in the day. You're going to see more hack makers using this technology now, and it's pretty unfortunate.

Comment

It sucks that people have to cheat to win, at the same time it really doesn't bother me that much only because I don't play in compitions. If I was in a match however and my clans rep was on the line then it would really get me going. I just look down on those people in fact they are not worth looking at...

Comment

Working...
                              X