Day 1 Issues for Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 Issues for Modern Warfare 2

The game is just starting to unlock throughout Europe and already a number of complaints have been reported about connection issues to servers.

From a post on the IW forums

The IW Forums have been hit pretty hard with people complaining about being unable to connect to servers, waiting to find enough players for a match, non-existent host migration, and more.

The biggest complaint thus far has been from most users wondering why the game has been "consolized" as much as it has been. Some users are coming to find out that the advertised "9v9" multiplayer only applies to a few maps and an even smaller of game modes. The majority of the multiplayer is actually 6v6.

There are even a number of users complaining about having to use Steam or the fact that there is an additional bit of content that must be downloaded through Steam even after installing via the retail discs.

It's going to be a fun few days coming up.

Re: Day 1 Issues for Modern Warfare 2

I hope it bites them in the ass.

Dedicated servers aside... 9v9? Really thats just dumb

Comment

I smell a large amount of FAIL!!!!!!!

Here comes the FAIL TRAIN for IW :-D.

Comment

Not surprised about the Day 1 patch upon installation. Bowling already said they were working on finishing up the PC version roughly 12 days before release day. I can't possibly imagine Activision having enough time to duplicate the gold disc if their last touch-ups weren't in the form of a patch. So um... Does this mean Steam also doubles as an Xbox 360 emulator? Because that's pretty impressive of VALVe Software if that is the case.

P.S. I feel sorry for Infinity Ward... Everybody was pissed that Treyarch Studios were doing Call of Duty 5: World At War, and kept complaining that the Call of Duty franchise belongs to Infinity Ward, as if success solely relies on them. Now I wonder if Treyarch Studios has the last laugh without actually doing... Well... Anything. That is, aside from making Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex rather faithful for the Wii with two-player co-op.

Comment

Originally posted by K-16 View Post
          Not surprised about the Day 1 patch upon installation. Bowling already said they were working on finishing up the PC version roughly 12 days before release day. I can't possibly imagine Activision having enough time to duplicate the gold disc if their last touch-ups weren't in the form of a patch. So um... Does this mean Steam also doubles as an Xbox 360 emulator? Because that's pretty impressive of VALVe Software if that is the case.

P.S. I feel sorry for Infinity Ward... Everybody was pissed that Treyarch Studios were doing Call of Duty 5: World At War, and kept complaining that the Call of Duty franchise belongs to Infinity Ward, as if success solely relies on them. Now I wonder if Treyarch Studios has the last laugh without actually doing... Well... Anything. That is, aside from making Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex rather faithful for the Wii with two-player co-op.
          In my eyes; IW never wanted to be a PC company, always was forced by Activision to do it thus they put out this CoD: MW2 trash to get back at them I personally feel.
          I'd most likely had rather Treyarch Studios done CoD: MW2... then IW, at least they know what PC users want and deliver what is promised on time unlike IW... Friend and I still can't connect to server even today, its retarded so bad of a system because most of the people trying to host have all ports blocked and crap and I just lol at the lameness of the speeds.

Comment

I remember. In fact, you were the only one who commented in it. Still, it seems our faith in game companies aren't as dedicated as I initially thought. I remember there being a comic when Activision announced Treyarch Studios developing the next installment after Modern Warfare 1's successful launch; it made a joke about how the success of the Call of Duty franchise plummets every time Treyarch Studios is involved (though for some reason I can't find it at all). As far as I know, all successful Call of Duty games were based on who made it, and whether a reincarnation of Price was involved or not. Can changes announced roughly a month ago be enough for loyalty to shift over to Treyarch Studios? Or is the anguish exclusively for PC gamers? I find this "controversy" (if you can even call it that) rather interesting, though I do feel sorry for companies who suffered financial losses due to the wasted preparations for renting dedicated servers to customers. I do find it surprising how Infinity Ward never thought of mentioning this until they were finally asked in a podcast.

Comment

Working...
            X