H.A.V.E. Publisher Responds to Team Fortress 2 Comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H.A.V.E. Publisher Responds to Team Fortress 2 Comparisons

Responding to the massive amount of backlash generated by a trailer for H.A.V.E. Online, publisher SK iMedia has released a brief statement to the gaming populace. Well, they sort of made a comment about the comparisons.
    Korean web portal DC News did a phone interview with the publisher. "Debating (as to if it's a rip off or not) is like having blind men touching an elephant and describing what it looks like," said SK iMedia. "We will reveal the gameplay soon. Other than that, we have no comment at this time."

That is one hell of an analogy there. Kotaku reports that the game has generated such a backlash amongst gamers in South Korea that some of their comments are "vicious" in nature. Others have called it "an embarrassment to the Korean game industry."

Re: H.A.V.E. Publisher Responds to Team Fortress 2 Comparisons

I suggest everyone to ignore this long-winded post/comment. I'm just venting. It's not even well-written truth to be told.

Sigh... It's true every industry has rip-offs with enough changes to prevent legal action and to abusively use the ******** excuse involving "apples and oranges." A very small handful of examples include Sudden Attack, Crazyracing Kartrider, Audition, Gunbound, Pangya... I could go on. But there's also original games that received financial success and spreading worldwide, including North America, such as MapleStory, TalesRunner, Yulgang Online (I'm not calling it Scions of Fate), Grand Chase, GetAmped, and Cabal Online. I didn't include Freestyle since the game was incredibly boring to me despite being an original enough concept (didn't seem to rip-off NBA Ballers as far as I noticed). And Super Dance Online was a rip-off of a rip-off, which is even more shameful (Acclaim definitely stained their hands with blood on this one) so I'm not really including that one either.

So what the hell is my point? I'm saying all the rip-offs in the Korean games industry have enough changes to prevent themselves from being a copy and paste game just like any other industry without innovation, and H.A.V.E. Online falls under that lack of innovation category (though their excuse is considerably more original than "apples and oranges"). However, it's also true that the Korean games North America/Japan haven't established end up being more successful, than the games coming from cowards who copy whatever is popular at the time.

So in conclusion, I'm surprised people are calling this game "an embarrassment to the Korean game industry", when it's already loaded with very successful rip-offs (I guess people really are ****ing blind when it comes to the games they play), but at the same time, I am rather amused at the ignorance of SK iMedia and TRIFORCE Studio and how they justify their actions as being creative in any possible ****ing way; third-person gameplay of Team Fortress 2 with the environment of Toy Soldiers/Army Men... Nothing original here. That to me says they're willing to be idiots just to hide the fact that they are cowards when it comes to innovative creative decisions.

Comment

Re: H.A.V.E. Publisher Responds to Team Fortress 2 Comparisons

Where exactly are the blind men touching the elephant?

Comment

Working...
      X