This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanner wrote..

You know, I've kinda ignored most of the arguments up to this point, because they're just rehashes of old, unresolved arguments. But this has got to be one of the stranger comments out of you yet, m4elite. And that's saying something. But, lest someone accuse me of arguing my points like m4elite, I'll actually attempt to back my position up with logic instead of curse words.

IRC: Can't view in-game. Doesn't know anything about CS. Doesn't allow you to connect to games your friends are in. Doesn't even have the concept of friends.

AIM: Can't view in-game. Doesn't know anything about CS. Doesn't allow you to connect to games your friends are in. Can actually disrupt your game with popup windows, stealing the focus from the game.

MSN: See previous comments about AIM.

XFire: Can view in-game. Is CS-aware. Allows you to connect to games your friends are in. Won't steal focus from your game if you receive a message while playing, instead integrating its messages into your screen.

M4elite, I'm not saying XFire is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but your comment makes zero sense. I mean, come on--try to infuse a t least a little bit of plausibility into your trolling. I've been ignoring most of your obvious attempts already in this thread, but this one was just too funny to pass up. Please try harder next time, it's like shooting puppies in a barrel.
    :Applause:

Yes, spot on.
    m4elite wrote..

Nobody uses xfire but "gamers" who uses aim/msn? friends family team and other assorted people.

Point Proven.

Thanks for your pointless, long winded reply.
    In case you got lost, you're posting at CS-Nation right now... which is a site about a videogame called Counterstrike. In terms of messaging programs that are most compatable with CS, XFire takes the #1 spot, like Scanner so eloquently pointed out. You on the other hand, continue to troll baselessly, ignoring a perfectly rational reply to your stupid claim that XFire was shit.

Comment

we all pretty much play the same exact game...just in different ways or on different versions...so can we please stop every single forum thread dissolving into bashing each other and/or valve...and try to keep things constructive. and yes...more people play 1.6...your right...so what? people who play source like to play source...people who play 1.6 like to play 1.6...its kind of similar to liking coke or liking cherry coke...except if i like coke and i see somebody drinking a cherry coke i dont flame war them...and i dont call out the people who make coca-cola as being stupid, worthless, and unconcerned with their consumers because they made a product i dont particularly like (oh snap...how people drink their coke could be like competitive vs pub =) )...so lets stop doing it with cs.

In conclusion...I like that they added the cvar...it appeases both competitive, and people who like to play in pubs with added features and now get to use different guns.

so get out from under your bridges trolls and embrace the light of rationality...not that i am a rational person =/

Comment

Back in the day before fanzy gizmos and whos its and whats it there were IRC scripts that let your friends know what server you were in.

Then came Friends, which, as the name implied, was a program that came with steam which let you see exactly what games your friends were playing, and where. Now, Friends was great but it was only around for a few months, then Valve got rid of it and it hasn't been heard from or seen since.

Let us take a few moments to remember those simpler times.

Comment

MikeJ wrote..

Back in the day before fanzy gizmos and whos its and whats it there were IRC scripts that let your friends know what server you were in.

Then came Friends, which, as the name implied, was a program that came with steam which let you see exactly what games your friends were playing, and where. Now, Friends was great but it was only around for a few months, then Valve got rid of it and it hasn't been heard from or seen since.

Let us take a few moments to remember those simpler times.
          Ahh yes, the good old days, when CSNation was hosted on Gopher!

Anyway, I've had some small success using Friends lately, but not a whole lot of people use it.

Comment

Yeah that's what I was getting at, Friends is dead.

I think Valve needs to fully revamp it, add a ton of bling features to catch the attention of the ADD crowd, put back in the mini games like chess, and make sure it actually works, and make it more apart of Steam and Steam games. Right now, you have to go out of your way to access friends, whereas I believe it used to start with Steam before.

Also make it so the network doesn't fail every 5 seconds.

Comment

kerosine99 wrote..

:Applause:

Yes, spot on.

In case you got lost, you're posting at CS-Nation right now... which is a site about a videogame called Counterstrike. In terms of messaging programs that are most compatable with CS, XFire takes the #1 spot, like Scanner so eloquently pointed out. You on the other hand, continue to troll baselessly, ignoring a perfectly rational reply to your stupid claim that XFire was shit.
              It is shit. Sorry that you are stupid and can't figure out that you should not be TEXTING people while you are shooting or whatever the fuck you do, when aim msn or irc is open for many many people to contact you not just your video game pals, all with TABBING OUT.

Comment

MikeJ wrote..

Yeah that's what I was getting at, Friends is dead.

I think Valve needs to fully revamp it, add a ton of bling features to catch the attention of the ADD crowd, put back in the mini games like chess, and make sure it actually works, and make it more apart of Steam and Steam games. Right now, you have to go out of your way to access friends, whereas I believe it used to start with Steam before.

Also make it so the network doesn't fail every 5 seconds.
                Friends does still start with Steam, and the only times it goes down is when the VAC servers go down (they're tied together/on the same network). Otherwise, they *should* always be up.

Comment

Well it's nothing like it used to be, I don't think half of steam users even know it exists or what it does. I still think it needs a complete revamp.

Comment

i am agree with happy monkey <<CSN TEAM>> thanks for being good friend with icemanz-albania praise him long time. m~

Comment

m4elite wrote..

It is shit. Sorry that you are stupid and can't figure out that you should not be TEXTING people while you are shooting or whatever the fuck you do, when aim msn or irc is open for many many people to contact you not just your video game pals, all with TABBING OUT.
                      How many times have you been the last man on your team alive or in another clutch situation and someone IMs you and it kicks you to the desktop. You tab back in and you're dead. That kind of shit is frustrating. With XFire it doesn't happen.

Besides, I'm not saying if all you want to do is cyber with 40 year old men that you should use Xfire, because that's what IRC, AIM, and MSN are for... but if you want a working "Friends" program that supports pretty much every online game imaginable, then use Xfire.

You obviously have never used the program before, if you think that AIM, MSN, or IRC are viable alternatives.

Comment

Though I agree with you, I still think if you've had previous problems with AIM/MSN interupting your games, maybe you shouldn't actually..You know..Have the messenger open..DURING a scrimmage/match..

Comment

I was just pointing out why AIM is a poor choice.

When you're playing CS the only real way to be aware of when your CS friends sign on is to use XFire. Otherwise, you'll have to continually alt-tab out to check and chat. Additionally, if you have a slower computer alt-tabbing takes quite a while.

I just don't understand why someone wouldn't want to use a program that seamlessly integrates itself into any game you choose to play online, and lets you keep a universal buddy list for all these games, not to mention allows you to hop right into their server with a double click.

Comment

kerosine99 wrote..

How many times have you been the last man on your team alive or in another clutch situation and someone IMs you and it kicks you to the desktop. You tab back in and you're dead. That kind of shit is frustrating. With XFire it doesn't happen.

Besides, I'm not saying if all you want to do is cyber with 40 year old men that you should use Xfire, because that's what IRC, AIM, and MSN are for... but if you want a working "Friends" program that supports pretty much every online game imaginable, then use Xfire.

You obviously have never used the program before, if you think that AIM, MSN, or IRC are viable alternatives.
                            Stop getting frustrated about a video game, you want to die from frustration when your kid spills his milk?

Keep up with worrying about stupid shit like dieing in cs and itll come.

If I am pubbing I don't give a fuck if I die when I get tabbed.. which is rare if you keep the window you have open with people you are typing with or have aim or msn NOT bring you to desktop when you are in another program.

If I am in a scrim or match, would I need to type to someone?

No, you speak with someone ingame.. or with a voip program.

appended @ [time="1159316829"]

kerosine99 wrote..

I was just pointing out why AIM is a poor choice.

When you're playing CS the only real way to be aware of when your CS friends sign on is to use XFire. Otherwise, you'll have to continually alt-tab out to check and chat. Additionally, if you have a slower computer alt-tabbing takes quite a while.

I just don't understand why someone wouldn't want to use a program that seamlessly integrates itself into any game you choose to play online, and lets you keep a universal buddy list for all these games, not to mention allows you to hop right into their server with a double click.
                            Because the majority of people DON'T USE XFIRE, I understand and agree xfire is supperior.

But I won't be running all sorts of software to communicate when EVERYONE uses AIM MSN or IRC, Get Trillian.

Comment

Or just get GAIM.

Comment

lol you said GAI.

Comment

Working...
                                X