Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m4elite though u make some points about zips I disagree about your thoughts of source dying IMO source is just starting and if vavle put there arse into gear it will be back bigger and better than 1.6 ever was on lan.

Comment

No it wont... There is just no possible way. Im not sure if any FPS will ever be better than 1.6 competitvely.

Comment

m4elite wrote..

This game is on its last leg, they have to result to a community based lan run by a player..

You should know aswell as anyone that without leagues or lans, the game would go flat on its face and end up in the bargain bin at walmart.

The casual players move onto the next game that aims for you or makes you run faster.. such as doom or quake4, Then those die and go to a new one..why? Because they don't have any competetion, no leagues or lans so they die.

As much as people deny it, they play for rank or to look good.

That is why cs 1.6 is the most popular game. Plenty of leagues and lans and good coverage.

All you ever do is bash anything to do with competitive cs and are quick to defend the players who bin the game after a few months.
        Nomination for the most misinformed and ironic post of the decade.

Comment

Edited by [user="81061"] @ [time="1159072566"]

I can't stand the amount of crappy forum posts I read that state thusly:

"Source is bad".

They're from ill-informed ignoramuses. This cvar is thankful ammunition against their latest jihad. Phew!

Oh, and I have a feeling Deletable_man knows a lot about mods.

(ps. LaValley, you suck)

Comment

Would it have honestly been that hard to rework strategies once a week?

I'll admit to never having played games competitively. The main reason is competition like that just looks so formulaic. I go into work and I have to adjust my team strategy every day. The way I view it I'm competing against: other managers at the store, other managers in the district, managers from rival stores, and my self (I'm always trying to beat my own records). To do this I have to look at the schedule, move team members around to enhance strengths and cover weaknesses, take sales into consideration (no sales=no available labor). It's not like I can use the strong team members over and over again. There are all these minor annoyances like personal lives and labor laws.

Comment

Zips wrote..

Nomination for the most misinformed and ironic post of the decade.
              shit itd go to you in a heartbeat.

grendel03 wrote..

Would it have honestly been that hard to rework strategies once a week?

I'll admit to never having played games competitively. The main reason is competition like that just looks so formulaic. I go into work and I have to adjust my team strategy every day. The way I view it I'm competing against: other managers at the store, other managers in the district, managers from rival stores, and my self (I'm always trying to beat my own records). To do this I have to look at the schedule, move team members around to enhance strengths and cover weaknesses, take sales into consideration (no sales=no available labor). It's not like I can use the strong team members over and over again. There are all these minor annoyances like personal lives and labor laws.
              Would you be ok if every week they made a new rule in baseball and then take it out the following?

Comment

# zips arent you good on this counter-strike ? i was understanding meat on market is good but no monies for m4 and not balance ? and people get awp KABBOOM and randum is this game only for people of OGL ?

Comment

Edited by [user="246117"] @ [time="1159073611"]

Meat on market can sometimes gives you mad cow disease. I literally laughed my ass off on that post. If you dont know english, please refrain from posting. I will TRY to translate

zips arent you good on this counter-strike ? i was understanding meat on market is good but no monies for m4 and not balance ? and people get awp KABBOOM and randum is this game only for people of OGL ?

Zips you arent good at CS are you? I understand changes in the game are good (okay i totally dont know wtf he is tryin to say) but if the price if the M4 goes up, it might be unbalanced. If someone gets the awp, and the other team is trying to get expensive M4's after many rounds, boom the game over. Is CS:S only for OGL noobs?

Comment

icemanz-alb wrote..

# zips arent you good on this counter-strike ? i was understanding meat on market is good but no monies for m4 and not balance ? and people get awp KABBOOM and randum is this game only for people of OGL ?
                    lol

petition to change his title to "i was understanding meat on market is good "

signed

Comment

m4elite wrote..

Would you be ok if every week they made a new rule in baseball and then take it out the following?
                      Except this isn't a change in the rules, Just a change in equipment costs.

Comment

MikeJ wrote..

lol

petition to change his title to "i was understanding meat on market is good "

signed
                        The only petition on the Internet that has ever actually worked.

Comment

m4elite wrote..

They do that with Guild Wars actually - changing rules on an almost monthly basis, changing character skills even more often than that (and not just one or two 'skill balances', I mean entire professions being totally re-worked), adding in new professions every chapter to shake things up, changing how different maps and arenas play (to the point where maps have entirely changed from capute-the-flag to death match or whatever else, etc) etc etc... and the competitive scene for GW is still going as strong as ever. In fact their last season was almost twice as popular as the one before it in terms of just the number of people taking part, not to mention that almost 70% of the community overall still went into 'Observer' to watch the pro matches.

Not to mention, 'back in the day' of the original Unreal Tournament, leagues would often change their rules mid-season... yet nobody complained, that was just how it was. For most beat 'em up games (especially Dead Or Alive and Virtua Fighter), rules change on a match-by-match basis, one minute you're fighting five full rounds, then a few moments later you'll be in a one-round sudden-death match. And as it so happens, beat 'em up games are the fast-growing competitive games in terms of global size and popularity.

So tell me. Many other professional gamers of games across multiple genres can handle huge changes just fine - so why can't Source gamers handle some price changes?

Comment

CUZ VALVE SUX LOL THEY MAKE TEH GAM FOR NOOBS

j/k

Comment

icemanz-alb

alb = albanian, perhaps?

Comment

Yes, as he as said before.

Comment

Working...
                                X